Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Stranded ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3

(DBZ Dimension)

Bulma was having a hard time. She was didn't even know where to begin to create a portal into the Dead Zone. No one had much of an idea of what it really was. They didn't know whether it was a sub-dimension like the netherworld, or if it was a dimension all on its own.

When Kuririn came to her with the news that Gohan wasn't even in the Dead Zone, she was overjoyed. Over half of the speculation was eliminated because Gohan was in another dimension. Even then, it would be a lot of work to get this idea to work, and after 2 days, she was nearly at the end of her rope.

She finally decided to hold a science conference in order to display the task and to get their support and opinions. Bulma proved it was possible by displaying hidden footage of Garlic Jr using one of his portals.

At the end of the conference, she had twenty other scientists offering their help to the cause. It was a significant number, and with a large leap, the project surged forward.

It was the first day of the group project. Bulma was looking over the data as it began. There have been holes appearing in the data. It was as if someone was tampering with the mathematical formula they were using. After forty-five minutes of analysis, she assigned the examination to another project member and went to get a coffee.

***********


(Pokemon Dimension)

Gohan, Ash and peach were walking up to Professor Oak's laboratory. Brock and Misty stayed behind to help out Ash's mom and her Mr. Mime with the chores.

Gohan wore the same clothes he arrived in this dimension in. Ash wore another set of clothes exactly like he wore every other day. Gohan was wondering about that.

Gohan looked over to Ash. "What kind of a professor is he, anyways?" asked Gohan.

"He's a pokemon researcher." replied Ash. "I'd expect that he'd have some knowledge of the world out side the Kanto region. If he didn't, he wouldn't be much of a researcher." laughed Ash.

"Okay." Gohan said.

"He'll probably want to see one of those capsules. He'll either want to study them, or at least know where they are made." Ash thought aloud.

Gohan's mood brightened considerably. If this Oak knew much about the region he came from, then he must have at least heard of dynocaps. Gohan started walking faster, with great anticipation for his meeting with professor Oak.

When they reached Professor Oak's front door, they found it unlocked. Apparently Professor Oak was expecting at least Ash. "Professor Oak, where are you?" called Ash.

"I'm in my study." responded whom Gohan assumed was professor Oak.

They followed the direction the voice came from, and ended up in a rather large room with data sheets lying around and computer hardware.

Sitting in front of a computer monitor was an older man with graying hair. He greeted Ash in a friendly manner and noticed Gohan behind him.

"So who's this you brought with you?" asked Professor Oak.

"This is Gohan. He's mainly the reason I came here." replied Ash.

"Ah. Another boy that wants to become a pokemon trainer? I don't know Ash. He looks a bit young." mused Professor Oak.

"No, not at all" answered Gohan. "I'm lost, and Ash brought me to you to help me find my way back home."

"Why would you do something like that?" Professor Oak asked of Ash.

Ash shrugged. "He's not from Kanto, and I thought you may know about other places he could have been from."

"Oh, I see. So, what town are you from?" asked Professor Oak.

"Well, my parents and I live in a forest. The nearest city is Satan City." replied Gohan.

Professor Oak thought for a few seconds. "I've never heard of such a city." He responded embarrassed.

"Show Professor Oak those capsules, Gohan." said Ash.

Gohan pulled out his case of dynocaps and handed it over to Professor Oak.

Professor Oak opened the case and looked at the contents. He looked rather confused. "What are these for?" he asked Gohan.

Gohan sighed. "I was hoping you'd recognize them and be able to find a way home that way." Gohan replied, disappointed "I'll show you what they are, anyway. I saw a good place to set the one up a short distance out front."

They went outside and walked to an open plot of land near some power lines nearby.

"I didn't use this before because it would have been unpowered." Gohan said as he threw the capsule onto the ground in the middle of the grass. A noise similar to a small explosion came from the capsule, followed by some smoke. When the smoke cleared, a small, dome-shaped house was in the middle of the clearing.

Ash was still amazed, even though he's seen the process once before. Professor Oak, however, was completely dumbfounded. While Ash and Professor Oak were staring with their mouths hanging, Gohan was busy connecting the house to the power lines.

"How did you... where did that...!!" Professor Oak could hardly get the words out.

Gohan hopped down from the power lines. "Sixth dimensional physics!" he replied with a smile.

Professor Oak shook himself out of his stupor. "Would I be able to see some of those?" he asked meekly.

"Sure!" replied Gohan with a smile. He handed three capsules over to professor Oak. "The others I'll need to charge."

Professor Oak was examining the outside of the small capsules. "How do you use them?" he asked, intrigued.

"You press the button on top and throw them." replied Gohan. "Just make sure you have enough room when you throw it. Here's a list of what each of those contains." He gave a small piece of paper to Professor Oak.

Professor Oak, Ash and Gohan went back into the lab. Professor Oak went to his computer. "Here's several maps. See if you can find your place on them, or at least a place that looks familiar. I'm going to examine these better." Professor Oak stood up and left the room

Ash looked at Gohan. "I should go back and help the others. Come back to my place for lunch and you can tell us what you find." Ash walked out of the room.

Gohan studied the maps for an hour. He could not find a single landmark he recognized. He couldn't even recognize the landmasses. It didn't make any sense. Gohan studied maps for days on end before. There wasn't a continent on the face of the Earth he wasn't familiar with. It was if he wasn't even on the same planet.

Gohan found Professor Oak in another examination room.

"I can't find anything familiar on those maps." Gohan told Professor Oak with a sad look.

Professor Oak thought for a few minutes. "I don't have any ideas that can help you right now." He told Gohan. "Let me study these capsules for awhile. I may have an idea sometime tomorrow."

Gohan went back to Ash's house for lunch. Since he didn't have any encouraging news, It was a rather quiet lunch. After it was finished, Gohan walked up to Ash's mom.

"Thanks for letting me stay here for the night, and for the meals." thanked Gohan. "But I have another place for me to stay at so I won't be any more of an inconvenience.."

"You're not an inconvenience." protested Ash's mom.

"Well, I've got my own place set up anyways. It'd be easier for me to study." replied Gohan.

"Okay." replied Ash's mom. "It was nice having you here." she smiled at Gohan.

Misty and Brock approached Gohan. "What 'place' are you talking about?" asked Misty.

"It's a house I had in my capsule case." Gohan. replied. "You can come see it if you want."

"Sure!" they both answered together.

Gohan brought them over to his little hemisphere house. When he came in, he set almost all of his remaining dynocaps into a little device on one of the walls of the house.

"What's that?" asked Misty.

"It's a recharger. All of my dynocaps that need power can be recharged in that device." responded Gohan.

Misty and Brock looked the small, five-room house over. "Its amazing what people can fit into capsules, isn't it?" Brock commented with awe.

"I guess" Misty agreed.

They talked for half and hour, until Misty and Brock decided to go back to Ash's house to help Ash's mom with more chores. Gohan did some studying before eating dinner and getting ready for bed. Before going to bed, Gohan was thinking about how the maps were so different from what he studied. He was also wondering once again how he ended up in that forest.

When Gohan was asleep, he dreamed of the day before he became lost. He dreamed of playing with Icarus. He then dreamed of a Black Water mist that turned people evil. He dreamed of Garlic Jr and his henchmen trying to take over the position as God of the Earth. He also dreamed of Piccolo, Kuririn and himself defeating Garlic Jr and his henchmen. Finally, he dreamed of being thrown into a portal that shifted after he fired his Masenko Beam.

At this point he woke up in a cold sweat. It then hit him.

It wasn't just a dream. It was what happened.

**********


The Next Morning

Gohan nervously walked up to Professor Oak's house. Gohan knew it was only 8 in the morning, but it was important to tell him what occurred, and why he wasn't going to find his home on any of their maps.

After a quick breakfast, Gohan decided that he had to tell somebody what happened. He was going to have to tell them everything. After a minute or two of thinking, he decided that the only one who would be able to understand and help him would be Professor Oak. 'Ash, Misty and Brock don't really need to know', Gohan thought. 'It would just freak them out.'

When Gohan knocked on the door, he was let in right away by one of the many pokemon around Professor Oak's house.

"Hey, Professor Oak! Where are you?" Gohan called out.

"In my study having breakfast." Professor Oak called back.

Gohan walked back to the study, remembering the directions from the day before. He found Professor Oak sitting down to a cup of tea.

Gohan walked up to Professor Oak. "There's something I should tell you." Gohan said nervously.

"Have a seat", Professor Oak offered. "So, what is it you wanted to tell me?" He asked Gohan.

Gohan sat down and looked at Professor Oak seriously. "This is really important." He told Oak. "Can you please hold any skepticism until the end?"

"Of course." Professor Oak assured Gohan.

Gohan proceeded to tell Professor Oak about his life. He told him about the dragonballs, his father, his mother, and all of their friends. He told him of the saiya-jinn race, and of their tails and transformation into oozaru. He told him of the attacks or Radditz, Nappa and Vegeta. He told Oak of his mentor Piccolo, and his training. He told Oak of Frieza, and his father defeating him on the crumbling Planet Namek. Lastly, he told him about Kami and Garlic Jr and their rivalry which led to Gohan being stuck in the world of Pokemon.

When Gohan finished, Professor Oak sat there sipping his tea for several minutes thinking about what Gohan told him. "I see why you told me not to be so skeptical." He remarked/

"You do believe me, right?" Gohan asked nervously.

Professor Oak looked at Gohan seriously. "I find it very hard to do so, but you don't seem tome to be a kid to lie. Besides, if you were lying, you would have a lie that would be more credible. Do you have anything to back up your story with?"

Gohan thought for a few seconds, then smiled. "Yeah, I think this will prove my story!" Gohan said as he unwrapped his tail from around his waist and started waving it in the air.

Professor Oak's face whitened to the colour of his lab coat. He dropped his cup of tea and ran over to examine Gohan's tail. To Gohan, it seemed that Professor Oak was half-afraid it would disappear.

"How long have you had this?!" he exclaimed. "Why do you have it in the first place?" he asked.

"Well," Gohan said, thinking. "I was born with a tail, but it was cut off and grew back several times. It recently grew back when I entered this world." He told Oak, contemplating. "As for the why, it's because my dad is a saiya-jinn."

"Remarkable." Oak commented in awe. Then he remembered what Gohan said about saiya-jinns. "If your father was a saiya-jinn, wouldn't he have been trying to kill everyone on the Earth instead of defending it?"

Gohan shook his head. "When he was a child he was sent to Earth to do so, but he hit his head and received permanent amnesia. He was raised by an adoptive grandfather."

"Ah..." replied Oak as he examined his tail.

"Uh, do you mind?" asked Gohan as he wrapped his tail back around his waist.

"Sorry about that, Gohan." apologized Professor Oak sheepishly. "It's not every day someone meets an alien being."

"Don't worry." replied Gohan smiling. "Do you believe me now?"

Professor Oak laughed. "I'd believe that would be enough proof for anyone."

"I trust you not to tell anyone else." Gohan said seriously.

Oak thought for a minute. "Yes, I don't think other people would have been as happy to see an alien as I was."

"I'm not going to tell Ash or any of them either." Gohan said, thoughtfully. "It would just make them uneasy and it wouldn't help my situation at all. Anyways, can you think of a way I could get back?"

Professor Oak thought hard for several minutes. "I don't think we have any idea where to begin a project like that. From studying those capsules, I'd say you would have a better chance of the people form your dimension coming here." Professor Oak remarked.

Gohan helped Professor Oak clean up the spilled tea. Gohan told Professor Oak that he was going to let Oak get back to his studies and Gohan went back to his capsule house to begin studying again.


(End of Chapter 3)

***********