Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: The Beginning ❯ Dinner With the Recruiters ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: Yep, I still don't own Pokémon

Note: I don't cuss, so when the characters do, I put in a *icwh*, or Insert Cuss Word Here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

---
The Timetravelers: The Beginning
Part Three: Dinner With the Recruiters

December 20, 2022
Viridian City, 6:30 p.m.

On the first of December, Nayana and Arielle got a message from the Timetravelers, saying that they had passed the first part of recruiting. The other part wasn't to begin until tomorrow, but the head people of the Timetravelers wanted to personally investigate Nayana's mind, because of her "blood ties to the Celedons". But I think it was all an excuse for a free meal.

"Listen up! Nobody will ruin this dinner! You will all be nice and polite. Let the guest get their fair share of everything and let them go first. I don't want to see any burping contests, no pranks, no NOTHING!! I worked too hard on this dinner to see anyone ruin it!!" Mom yelled in her most threatening voice. "So be good… OR ELSE!"

Everyone gulped and nodded. Mom was mostly talking to Greg and Darian, since they were the ones most prone to ruin dinner. Everyone else was well behaved, being that they all have been in situations like this. Dad's job does this all the time, and those two have ruined several of the dinner parties.

"Too bad I won't be here. Volleyball game," Ashley said.

"Who's coming?" Arielle asked.

"I don't know. All they said is that there would be 7 guests tonight," Dad said.

The doorbell rang. Ashley's volleyball coach had come to pick her up. Arielle went up to her room to write in one of her numerous notebooks. Then, the guests arrived. There were 7 of them, 2 not looking any older that 20.

"Hello!" Dad greeted. Then, Mom pushed him aside.

"Welcome! You can put your coats on the rack over there. Dinner will be ready at about 7. Make yourself at home!" Mom said. She grinned.

The guests entered, glad to be out of the cold night. There was only 1 woman, and she looked the youngest. She had light green hair and gray eye color changing contacts. There were 2 younger looking men. One had smooth green hair that was spiked at the end and he wore orange contacts, and he didn't look older that 20. The other one looked about in his early 30s. He had gelled his brown hair down. All the other men were old with little hair, if any. The youngest two wore all black and black leather jackets with an eye on the back. The others wore suits and jackets.

"I like the eye jackets!" Darian said. The youngest man glared at him, and the woman just stood there.

"I hate kids," the green haired man said. Darian's heart was broken. Nobody had ever hated the kid; he was way too cute to hate.

"You don't like me?" he asked.

"Yes, I hate you!" the man said. Darian cried because his feelings were hurt. The old men shook their heads.

"That's mean!" Nayana said to the green haired man, but the man ignored her. "Hey! I'm talking to you! Stop ignoring me!" She turned the man around and he slapped her. She was irritated. "What was that for?"

"For touching me, and for being Adia Kensington's daughter," he told her.

"YOU'RE A JERK! HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ME BECAUSE OF MY MOTHER!"

"Shut up, you *icwh*," the man said. He slapped her again.

Nayana had to be held back by Dad and Greg. She wanted to tear that guy apart!

"Come here where I can reach you!" she yelled. Nayana kicked and growled and struggled to get free. The man was doing the same thing. The man seemed to want to kill her too.

"You can't do this, or I will fire you!" the 30 year old said. The other man stopped trying to strangle Nayana, too afraid of losing his job to.. She calmed down too.

"Sorry I lost my temper. I easily get angered," Nayana said.

"That's fine. Mr. Grenino has a nasty temper problem," the woman said. She had a slightly British accent. The man stared at her. He seemed irritated that his anger was considered a problem.

Arielle had come back to see the commotion. "Hi! I'm Arielle," she announced to the people who cared. Mr. Grenino looked… strange… He stood there, silent.

"So, what's your name?" Arielle asked Mr. Grenino.

"Lance." [No relation to the Dragon Master Lance, you silly people!]

"Nice to meet you!" She held out her hand. Lance just looked at it, and then decided to shake it like a normal human being. The woman looked pissed, and the other men were surprised, like if this were something new to them.

"So, do you want a tour of the house?" Arielle asked.

"Uhh… sure, I guess," he replied. Arielle tried taking him around, but the woman stopped her.

"Can I speak to you outside for a moment?" she asked.

"Sure!" Arielle said. They went out the door. Everyone else teleported or Nayana took them.

"Look little girlie. I don't care what you think, but Lance is mine!" Oh boy, was he pissed off by that comment. If it weren't for the fact that they were eavesdropping, he would have killed her there. Well, not literally.

"What do you mean? I'm not trying to go out with him or anything. I'm just being my friendly self." Arielle was telling the truth, being a very friendly person.

"He's not that interested in women. You wouldn't want to go out with him! Did you see what he was going to do with Nayana?" the woman asked.

"No; and if you don't want me to go out with him, why are you trying? And how in the world do you know my sister's name?" (Nayana had telepathically told her that she had never introduced herself.)

"Well, he was mine… back in M2."

Everyone gasped. Someone had escaped a wrinkle? That's impossible…

"Well, I was in the Timetravelers back there. One day, they gave me a mission. I was supposed to rescue some guy who had been in Team Rocket custody for 14 years. I completed the mission, but something had happened. Rescuing one person was all it took for time to change completely… I had somehow been destroyed in the process. My place in time was replaced, rewritten. But, I had the opportunity to make my own place in Mainstream, and I accepted. The DelRosens took me in."

"Then you're that Lucille that they adopted only a month ago!" Arielle said. She had read the magazines. The DelRosens were an extremely rich couple that had no kids of their own.

"But, of course, Lucille isn't my real identity. Do you want to know what it is?"

"Uhh… Sure! Who are you?" Arielle asked. She looked nervous.

Lucille had a thing on one of her back molars that altered her voice. "Do I sound familiar?"

Everyone gasped. That was Nayana!!

"Wow! That's so cool! You're my sister from M2! What do I look like?" Arielle asked, fascinated by the whole idea that Lucille was Nayana in M2.

"You have no place in M2; I would have known. I think that's one of the main reasons that time was seriously altered when I interfered."

"That's sad. So my mom and dad never hooked up?" she asked.

"She died in March of 2006, if I remember correctly," Lucille said quietly.

"I better check on dinner," Mom said, rushing into the house. I think she was upset about the fact she was dead in M2.

Lucille looked mad. They had been eavesdropping! But then again, at least she wouldn't have to explain herself later. Lance just stared at Lucille.

"Sorry about the whole 'he's mine' thing. I'm just being possessive. I don't run your life. I'm sorry." He slapped her and went back inside. "Oh well," she thought out loud. "At least he's mine in M2, if I ever want to go back…"

They went in. Dinner went as planned. Lance talked about the reason he hated Adia so much.

"I was sent to the orphanage when I was only a month old because of her! I've never met my parents, and that pisses me off!" he yelled.

After dessert, the men investigated Nayana's mind like the Internet using their powers. They found nothing, and were shocked by that. Adia actually had a good daughter?

"We must go. See you ladies at recruiting tomorrow!" the older men said.

"Bye Arielle!" Lance said.

"Good luck tomorrow!" Lucille said on the way out.

-To be continued…-

---

The other disclaimer: I still don't own Pokémon. Do you know how much fun I would have if I did? I'd be in there!!

Do you think the story is any good? Do you think it isn't too much fun? Don't worry; it'll get better.