Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: The Beginning ❯ The First Mission ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the Lazy: I don't own anything that involves Pokémon. A whole bunch of people richer than me do, like 4kids. They have bunches of money, I bet.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: There could be a lot of spoilers in here… just to warn you, if you're one of those "I don't like spoilers!" people. I like looking on the Internet for spoilers. So what if you know what's going to happen? Knowing what happened and watching it for yourself are two different things in my eyes.
Oh, and the attention has shifted from looking mainly at Nayana to mainly looking at Ash (and co.), and it'll be this was for pretty much the rest of the series… The narrator's here for no good reason. Have fun!

---
The Timetravelers: The Beginning
Part Six: The First Mission

January 6th, 1999
Littletown, Hoenn, 6 a.m.

Narrator: Today, our friends are stopping in Littletown. Little did they know that something important was going to happen today…

Ash and company got up at 5:30 in the morning, just to get to Littletown.

"We should be there soon, if the Pokénav is correct," Brock said. Max still had it. He loved keeping it with him all the time. He loved being the navigator of the group.

"Look! It's the town!" May yelled. It was still dark, but some lights could be spotted from the hill they were on.

"Let's get some food! I'm starving!" Ash said.

"Pika!" his Pikachu said, looking all cute and innocent.

While they were walking down to the town, they saw a familiar face… again. Misty had come back!

"Hi guys! I thought I'd travel around with you all some more. Do you mind?" she asked.

"Not at all! You're always welcome to stay and travel with us. In fact, I think you shouldn't have left," Ash said. He was telling the truth. Why did she want to leave? Was parting with her old Togepi that hard on her? But that wasn't important, all that mattered was that she was back.

They went to the Pokémon Center. Nurse Joy was treating Pokémon.

"Hello! Can I help you?" she asked.

"You should get your Pokémon healed," Misty told Ash. She assumed that he had been battling much since the last time his Pokémon had been healed.

"Ok." He put all his Pokémon, including Pikachu, on the tray. Nurse Joy took them to be treated.

That's when they came. 13 people looked like they teleported at the front door of the Pokémon center. They all wore black and they looked like they were doing something important.

"Ok people. Remember what you learned and the mission-" Then, they all saw Ash and co. One girl with orange hair and long weird bangs looked at Ash like if she were looking for something.

"Who are you guys?" the group of kids asked. One man just had to comment.

"We're the Timetravelers! I am David, Timetraveler extraordinaire!" The others just laughed.

The orange haired girl was squinting her eyes now. Nurse Joy came back with Ash's Pokémon.

"That was fast," Ash said. Pikachu jumped on Ash's back.

"New machines," Nurse Joy said.

The orange hair girl stopped squinting her eyes. "So I assume that you're Ash?" She pointed at him.

"Uh, how did you know my name?" he asked.

*Sweat drop* "I'm psychic!" she replied.

"Really? I think psychics are so cool!" Max said.

"Well, we're all psychics who travel through time!" the orange haired girl said.

"Do you use Celebis?" Ash, Brock, and Misty asked. They had not forgotten the last time they met a person from another time and how he had gotten to their time.

"Nope," the oldest looking man said. Ash gasped.

"Time machines exist?" he asked, eyes wide.

"No! We have so much psychic power that we can do it all by ourselves!" a mean looking man with orange eyes yelled. He didn't look like he wanted to sit here and answer a bunch of children's questions.

"Cool!" Ash and co. said.

"We need to get going. See you later kids!" They all left. Ash and co. was silent. They ate some Toaster Treats for breakfast. They had nothing else; Brock needed to buy some more food for the group.

Then, they started chatting with Nurse Joy.

"Why are they here?" Ash asked.

"Team Rocket's trying to set up a base here," she replied while working on the computer.

"Team Rocket in Hoenn? I thought they didn't have bases here," Brock said.

"Well, they don't because Team Aqua and Magma are always kicking them out when they try to do something in this country. You think with all their psychic grunts that they'd just use them and get rid of those darn Teams forever. But their boss doesn't approve of the psychic division that much. I heard rumors that he doesn't like the fact that his sister has powers and he doesn't, and another is that a psychic broke his heart. No matter the reason, he won't send them in. Whoever runs Team Rocket wants to dominate using their superior Pokémon." Nurse Joy then went to check on more Pokémon.

"Why don't we help the Timetravelers?" Ash asked.

"Don't you think they brought psychics for a reason?" Misty said. "They probably have some sort of dangerous trap, or they have psychics, you dimwit."

"I agree with Misty on this one. We'd most likely be a distraction, or we might get captured," Brock said.

"Then I'm going by myself!" Ash yelled.

"Oh no you don't!" Misty yelled. "If you're going to be stupid and go, I'm going too!"

Then, Brock and May decided to go too. Ash made Max stay, but gave him his Pokédex to play around with for a while. Isn't that nice?

They got outside. "Where are we going?" Ash asked. *Anime fall*

They walked around aimlessly. Well, not aimlessly. Just without a clue of where they were going. Ash and co. eventually found the base. It was a worn-down building on the outskirts of town. The white paint was peeling off the walls and the roof was rusty. Someone recently had put an antenna on it. Ash and co. walked in cautiously.

That one professor Sebastian guy and his top people were going to try their evolution-enhancing wave here. Of course, Ash and co. didn't want that to happen. They listened to the plan, until May gasped really loudly to a comment that the scientist had said.

"Get the grunts. We have company."

The group ran for their lives, but the grunts found them first. They looked like normal grunts except the R on their shirts were blue. That's how you identify psychic grunts in Team Rocket. The grunts gripped them using their psychic powers. They all eventually fainted, but it took forever to take down Ash.

* * *

Ash and Brock woke up in a cell. Their backpacks and Pokémon had been taken and the girls were in another cell for once.

"Misty? Pikachu? Are you guys in here?" Ash hopelessly looked around the cell. It was very obvious that they weren't in there.

"Stop acting like an idiot and sit down. They aren't here," Brock said.

Meanwhile, the girls were in another cell but in the same position.

"Ow…I'm sore…" May complained.

"Where's Ash?" Misty asked.

"Oh, are you going to complain to your boyfriend again?" May said with a big smile.

"Hey! I told you to be quiet about that!" Misty said.

"Like the boys can hear us. We're in different cells." May then rolled her eyes. Misty had accidentally left her top-secret diary out for May to see the last time they had met. She had read it all. What a sneaky little kid! Of course, Misty had chewed her out for it. Those were her secret fantasies! So what if it had to do with her hooking up with Ash? And when I mean hook up, I mean hook up… forever. She's already having those dreams of a very grown-up Ash and her having that perfect little family…

"So!? Who knows who else is around here?" She moved her eyes around to see if anyone was there except the two of them. Misty was still embarrassed…

"Oh, what if they look in the diary? Dear Diary, I had that dream again. It was so wonderful… Me and Ash were-" May did an imitation of a dreamy girl, which should probably be easy for her too.

"Don't give anyone ideas!" Misty yelled. "I told you to shut up!"

"Oh and how I wish he was really that interested in me too… I saw the wedding in my wildest fantasies again…"

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Misty yelled.

"Whatever." May then stared off into space. She could imagine the wedding too. May had to admit that she wanted to see those two hook up sometime, but sometimes she had weird dreams with Ash and her on a date. But May wasn't interested at all. The only reason she was with Ash was because there was always an adventure around when you're with him. That, and he fried her bike. Ash and Misty, on the other hand, always seemed to be together. May knew how Misty felt… but what about Ash?

She then got bored and started twirling her hair over, and over, and over.

"Ahh! I'm dying of boredom!" she yelled five minutes later, then proceeded to twirl her hair some more.

Brock and Ash were in the cell still. Ash had given up his hopeless attempts to find Misty and Pikachu.

"I wonder what she's doing right now," Ash said.

"Probably plotting your death. You got us into trouble again," Brock said.

Ash had to admit that he liked Misty's temper… to an extent. It's too much when she tries to kill you. And that wasn't all he liked about her…

"So what's your defense this time?" Ash didn't know.

"Can I tell you something?…"

* * *

Later, Misty and May were just sitting there when a Rocket grunt bumped into their cell. They both screamed. How did he get there?

Then they saw the orange-haired girl from before. The Timetravelers had broken into the base!

"Uh, what are you guys doing here?" she asked, confused.

"Ash was being stupid again and decided that we could take them all by ourselves. He didn't believe there were psychic grunts here," Misty said.

"Well, I'll get you out in a-" Then, an alarm went off. "Sorry! Gotta go!"

They sighed. Their ticket out just passed them by. Then, the grunt regained consciousness. He put on a gas mask and then he threw something filled with some sort of gas inside the cell. May and Misty fainted…

-To be continued…-

---

Bwahahahaha! Cliffhanger!

The other Disclaimer: Still don't own Pokémon. They [some Japanese guy that works with Pokémon] think that Ash and Misty have a brother-sister relationship. Well, I say screw them! [no offence. The writers are still good and all] this is MY fan fic; I'll do what I want!
[Sorry if that offended you. But if you were… hmm.]

I'd like to note that I like Max's name more in Japanese. It's Masato, and it's better! *sticks out tongue at dubbers* Don't get me wrong, Max is still ok… but Masato is a Japanese name, and the Japanese rock!

I went bold, italic and underline happy in this part… And I had to do all the HTML-ing that comes along with it. Good thing I watch my sister do it all the time!