Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Alone In The Deserted Street ❯ Of Trickery, Strategy and Robots ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

PLATINUM (Q PRODUCTIONS
Presents:
 
Alone in the Deserted Street
Chapter 6: Of Trickery, Strategy and Robots.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Kirby, the British accent, Nintendo DS, Banjo-Kazooie, The Narrators Syndicate, Wario, the Spirit World, Stuffed Dolls Inc, Windows `R' Us, Men in Black, Tales of Symphonia or Final Fantasy VII.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
 
Our now standard group of “heroes” sat on a circle in the Lucky Cat's lobby. Never opening their mouths, they just sat, staring at each other. You know, maybe some tea would help the tension. How about it, Minako?
 
Minako: Eh, why me?
JCM: Well, you're British, aren't you?
Minako: No, I'm full-blooded Japanese.
JCM: But you were raised in the UK for quite some time.
Minako: Well… true.
JCM: [In fake British accent] Then I reckon you'd fancy a nice cup o' tea every once in a while.
Minako: [In real British accent] That is a grand idea, with some graham crackers on the side.
JCM: [Still on fake British] And some chee…
Minako: [Back on reality] HEY!
JCM: Sorry.
 
“Look,” Usagi began, “We already said we were sorry! We patched up Kirby here and shared the pizza. What else do you want from us?”
 
“Wha? Wait…” Goku interjected. “I thought we were here to come up with something to get outta here!”
 
“Well,” Rei spoke, “This isn't a reunion to, say, play multiplayer games.” Upon this sentence, James and Meouth quickly hid their DS's and joined the conference. “Well any ideas?”
 
“One thing's for sure.” Vegeta commented. “We're not gonna be able to leave as long as that ghost is alive!”
 
“Technically, he is dead.” Ami pointed out.
 
“Ahem.” Makoto cleared her throat, clearly trying to get Ami's attention. She leaned in closer to Ami. Keep that up and I might just… [whispering something in Ami's ear that makes the young genius flinch], so don't forget it.” Right then, Usagi, Minako, Rei and Mamoru were wearing half-confused, half-annoyed looks, while the rest were just plain stupefied.
 
“Back to the subject!” Jessie called. “It's true we'll never get out with him in the way, so we have to defeat him. Any thoughts, pink Jigglypuff look-alike?”
 
“If we want to be successful, we have to trick him into solidifying himself. You see, he can make himself solid or gaseous at will, so we have to use the chance when he's solid to strike him.” Kirby looked thoughtful for a moment. “However, I'm pretty sure magical attacks won't have any effect. So I recommend sticking with physical blows.”
 
“Now that's our expertise.” Goku proudly spoke.
 
“And yet you couldn't even lay a hand on him.” Rei pointed out.
 
Then came out an angry Vegeta. “Listen, kid! All I need is to clock him a solid one! Then he won't know what hit him!”
 
Along came a Makoto to team up with her psychic friend. “Well, if you're so sure of your abilities, then why don't you go and beat him with your bare hands!?”
 
“BECAUSE I'M AFRAID!” Vegeta's utterance came out as a shocker to the whole group, who viewed him as the strongest one in there. `So now,' some thought, `If who we thought the strongest one in character is showing signs of true fear, then what is left for us to do?'
 
 
`Point and laugh.'
`Mock.'
`Call him names.'
`Share the moment through internet.'
 
They all laughed so hard it only made the “Prince of the Saiyans” flare even more in anger. Just then, everyone shut up in shock, as they swore they heard something. A voice. The weird this was the voice was different for each of them.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Ami heard…
 
“Ami-chan.” The voice, sweet and soft. A reminder of all first times: friends, stability, opportunities… love. It was the voice of wishes, the voice of all desires. Mature, yet still soft and well polished, the voice was most inviting. But how could this come to be? This voice was not to be heard by living ears anymore, as the mouth they come from was permanently clasped shut. But then… it was there. It was there…
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Makoto heard…
 
“I missed you, Mako-chan.” The mere tone of that voice sent chills down her spine. The voice, masculine yet with an unheard-of touch, was her own personal shred of salvation. Salvation from the brink of death. Salvation from costly mistakes. Salvation from loneliness. Certainly, you jest, for the owner of the voice has long left to discover other horizons. Still… That voice, it sounds like… it's out of this world.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Minako heard…
 
“Aino-chan.” That voice… so deep… so dark… so hidden. And yet, you could feel it… That voice, so hopeful, so full of dreams. A voice of uncertainty, but what is uncertainty but a mask for other feelings: loneliness, disapproval, fear, but most of all, love. That voice… the voice that represented chances, changes, and perhaps a new start. But this was not possible, as the owner of the voice hasn't shown face for a long time. However… Oh! How she wishes it were true.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Meouth heard…
 
“Meow meouth.” Simple words, but its voice carries a story of sorrow. The voice, representing everything he's gone through, every little change, the transformation done all for that voice. Still, this voice encompassed regret and rejection. This could not be true, for the one who plays the voice left him in the abyss of shattered hearts for another endeavors. But then again… he did believe in second chances.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Mamoru heard…
 
“Hello, little champ.” This voice… It has been years since the last time this voice passed through his ears. This voice, so cheerful, carrying a lifetime of expectation. This, the voice that wants what's best, was the one thing in life he wished to maintain. Yet it was not to be, as this voice faded into another dimension when he was young. And still… the voice had a something… once lost, now found.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Usagi heard…
 
“Hey, Usagi!” That voice, so sudden, so commanding for its chirpy, tiny tone. Sure, it annoyed, but she was actually happy to hear that voice. That voice represented the future, the seal and the fruits of a commitment of love. But wait… wasn't the brat who's voice she was hearing already long gone to the place of origin? But then again, experience tells her anything can be possible.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Vegeta heard…
 
Vegeta heard nothing.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Rei heard…
 
“Red tempered girl.” That voice, tribal in nature and full of knowledge. The voice that represented the training in far lands and the control of a diversity of magicks. The voice, hidden behind a skull, masked behind bad grammar. Nah, it can't be, as the voice's owner would barely leave the sanctuary or magicks. But yet… she heard it… And that was scary.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Goku heard…
 
“Monkey…” Such coldness. Only once before has he bheard a voice so clod. The voice carried fear in all dimensions, not just for life, but also for insanely long fighting sequences. The voice of insanity VS. leadership, power VS. responsibility… manliness VS. womanhood. But, come on! The voice's owner has long since been fried up and served with chips. Still, the wicked doth hath their ways.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Jessie and James heard…
 
“Have a rotten day!” That voice, It was… HEY! This isn't right! This script is all jumbled up and messy. This is WAY too wound up! I can't stand this! I quit!
 
[10 minutes later, after we hire a new narrator]
 
Eh, this right here? Ok, here we go.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
What Kirby heard…
 
“You little puffball.” No, it couldn't be… But it was. The voice of tyranny, the voice of oppression, the voice of all around badness. Deep as a bass and shrill like a chalkboard, that voice… Wait a second! Kirby realized, there was no way this guy would know he was there. Then this must be… an illusion! And the others seem to be caught in it.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
“Guys, stop!” Kirby shouted as he rushed to block the front door, to where everybody was heading. “If you're hearing voices, STOP LISTENING TO THEM!” Everybody looked at the pink puffball quizzically.
 
“B… but… J…” Ami stumbled through coherence to explain herself.
 
“A… and… Ho…” Minako slipped through her excuse tom get out the door.
 
“Listen you!” Kirby shut the stuttering fools up. “I'm not sure, but the Running Man could be tricking you. He may be leading you into a trap!”
 
Now, everybody snapped back and began retreating from the door cautiously.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
“Where are they!?” Chibi-Usa asked angrily, tired of waiting outside the Lucky Cat.
 
“Mumbo sure sign come from here.” Mumbo the Shaman stated in all his mighty broken English.
 
“Maybe they already left.” Fiore commented with somewhat of a cheerful tone.
 
*meouth* Meowzy sighed as she was once again denied of a chance to atone.
 
 
“And after I went through the trouble of getting Kakarot this monkey doll…” Mecha-Frieza (Yes, mecha) whined at his (?) bad luck.
 
“Well,” Hotaru began, “Since we have this bus full of food and music, why don't we go for a road trip?”
 
“Excelente!” Wario shouted in agreement.
 
“I like how the girl thinks.” King Dedede commented in approval.
 
The would-be rescuers began boarding the bus, but the Mumbo stopped the ghosts of Mr. & Mrs. Chiba, and that of a certain 23-year old brunette.
 
“Not you. You go back to spirit world.” Mumbo declared.
 
“Oh, come on.” Mr. Chiba complained. “We want to go. We're dying for excitement!”
 
“Besides,” The ghostly brunette added, “I've barely had any social contact in, like, ever!”
 
Without a reply, the Shaman chanted his trademark spell words and sent the ghosts back to their dimension, then joined the others for the road trip. Oh, hell! I'm going too!
 
“Out!” Chibi-Usa commanded, “You still need to finish the fic.”
 
Ok, ok… annoying little brat.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
“So it's all settled.” Jessie confirms. “Goku and Vegeta will be the strikers, the 5 girls will be entrusted with distraction and turning the Running Man solid, Kirby and Meouth will provide assistance in combat while Mamoru and I prepare the escape route.”
 
“Wait a second,” James interrupted. “And where do…?”
 
[Crash]
 
Suddenly, a dark blue ball bursted from a window. As the ball halted, one could make out a cape, massive shoulder pads, and a silverish mask.
 
“Metaknight!” Kirby was shocked to see him there of all places.
 
“Well met, Kirby.” Metaknight addressed Kirby. “But why are you surprised? It was me who sent you here, so I knew you were here. So how goes the investigation?”
 
“Bad.” Kirby answered gloomily. “The subject has us corralled, so we were planning an escape.”
 
“I see…” Metaknight looked thoughtful, “Then allow me to help in your escape.”
 
“Well… ok.” Kirby, though hesitant at first, agreed to the masked one's proposition. “We could use you in the combat line.”
 
“Very well. Then we should begin.”
 
“HOLD IT!” James shouted. “And what am I supposed to do?”
 
“Don't you worry, James,” Jessie reassured him, “We couldn't do this without you.”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
“And remember! If you sing a silly song, he'll surely appear!” Kirby instructed James before shutting the door and leaving him outside in the dark.
 
“Great. Just perfect.” James grumbled. “Set up as bait. Oh, well, I lived a nice life.” He then began to nervously sing the song.
 
“Ah… I'm a-a-a li-li-little teap-p-p-pot… s-s-short a-and st-stout. H-here i-i-i-is my h-ha-handle, h-here i-i-is my s-s-spout.”
 
Somewhere else…
 
“Wait a second.” Ami wondered, then turned to Kirby, “You said that if anybody touched the Running Man, he or she would lose energy. Then how would they be able to land a hit without leaving them vulnerable for energy darining?”
 
“Eh…” Kirby looked around nervously. “Well, eh… you see… it's… eh… it's like this… GOTTA GO!” And he dashed away from view.
 
“Kirby doesn't think things through.” Metaknight sighed.
 
“G-g-guys…” James nervous wreck of words caught everyone's attention. “H-here he c-comes!”
 
Indeed he was approaching. Around the horizon, mixing with the dusk sky, a thick grey cloud was slowly growing larger. Eventually, a figure appeared from within the grey cloud, and was charging full speed toward James. The girls and the strike team scrambled (Get it? Scrambled? Ink? Mustard? Oregon? You guys are no fun.) to set up a counter-attack. They were too late. The Running Man had already passed through James, and the blue-haired man (Or is it purple? Darn TV) lay unmoving in the ground, stuttering like a broken record.
 
“Is he alive?” Usagi asked as they approached the body.
 
“Hey! Look at this!” Kirby prompted the others to look at his discovery. A section on James' ear looked silverish. When Kirby touched the ear, the face suddenly detached itself from the rest of the head in a ridiculous showing of mist. Then, the face opened like it were a door, and a Jirachi was inside, controlling the robot. The Jirachi flew out and away, leaving the witnesses dumbfounded…
 
Meouth: Eh, guys? There…
 
… And vulnerable to the Running Man.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-
 
“All ready.” Jessie looked over the reinforced hot air balloon. Now it should withstand the weight of about 10 people. But then she found a problem. “Wait, that cord's not tied up! I should…”
 
“I'll get it!”
 
“James!” Jessie yelled. “What are you doing here?”
 
“Did you really believe I was gonna let myself be killed by the eternal smoker?” James replied.
 
“Eh, James?” Mamoru interjected. “You were supposed to be the one that warned us when the Running Man appeared.”
 
[General distant screaming]
 
“Oops?” James said meekly.
 
“Yes, oops.” Jessie retorted. “No time for that now. Let's go, Mamoru!”
 
The trio dashed in Mamoru's car to the Lucky Cat. Halfway through, they saw a bunch of dancing lights in the horizon. Mamoru knew what just happened. Jessie and James, on the other hand, were clinging for dear life, fearing more ghosts were joining the party. When they reached the front of the inn, the fight had already begun with the Running Man standing in place, some fuku-clad girls were hurling stuff at the grey man, and the Z-fighters, with their hair dyed blond, were keeping him at bay with the Sonic Boom. At the Lucky Cat door, Kirby and Metaknight were treating an unconscious Meouth.
 
“Meouth!” James shrieked. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… not that it was my favorite pokemon, but still… OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”
 
“What happened?” Mamoru asked the now transformed Sailor Moon, but then wondered as she threw a bucket at the Running Man. “What are you doing?”
 
“Oh, this?” She mentioned as she threw a blue backpack. “It helped distract him a few times already.”
 
The Running Man picked up a tire to fling it back, but at that moment Goku threw a nasty body bolw, while Vegeta shot a small blast to the tire, setting it on fire and burning the ghastly menace.
 
“Oh!” Mamoru noticed, but then, after some thought, he realized, “Hey! That was my tire!”
 
Mamoru's distraction was enough for the Running Man to act. Quickly and swiftly, he got inside Goku's body (not HTAT way, you pervs!) and made him punch Vegeta right through the inn. Goku suddenly fainted, leaving the Running Man standing tall. Upon witnessing this, Kirby and Metaknight rushed to the frontlines to fight. Then, Sailor Venus threw a mushroom at the Running Man, which he absorbed immediately. Instead of making him angry, though, it made him happy… a little too happy.
 
Running Man: Ya, mon. We jammin'. This is some good sh…
 
Showing a moment of weakness, Metaknight slashed at the Running Man wildly, making him fall to his back. So that was it… The Running Man was defeated, the curse on street #436 was about to be lifted, and the people of Mizuho would finally be able to move to Sylvarant.
 
S. Mars: Who?
 
Sheena: (Outta nowhere) Since when are we on this fic?
 
Eh… oops. Wrong story. Anyway, Metaknight prepared for the final slash, when… Hey, Sheena! Watch out! The Ru…! [SFX: Girl screaming] Too late. The Running Man, with his renewed strength, smacked Metaknight away, rendering him useless. Then, out resident, bad guy rose up and made his way to the 5 senshi and Mamoru.
 
JCM: Eh… Mamoru, 5 seconds here,,, why aren't you in your Tuxedo Kamen suit?
Mamoru: Well, I left the suit in my bedroom.
JCM: You left… your suit… in the bedroom. Don't you just transform?
Mamoru: What, are you kidding? I don't “transform”. That's for girls.
[BONK!]
S. Moon: Please continue.
 
Suddenly, a big gust of wind pushed the Running Man back. Or rather… pulled? YES! Kirby pulled a daring move and sucked the Running Man in. The in a too-expensive-to-show-so-just-imagine-it-if-you-can-or-you're-screwed spectacle of lightning and earthshaking, Kirby swallowed the Running Man. When Kirby expelled the grey evil, he himself had turned grey, and grey clouds surrounded him.
 
“Did he transform?” Sailor Mercury wondered. “Into what?”
 
“He is Shadow Kirby.” Said a beaten-up and battered (but still conscious!) Metaknight. “He can now call forth Running Man's powers. But if he's not careful, he can drain his energy very quickly.”
 
Shadow Kirby now struc pose in front of the Running Man, who stood there, looking menacingly at Kirby. (Well, as menacingly as you can with those beady little eyes.) The Running Man lunged full-force at Kirby, but the puffball just turned invisible, making the beady-eyed evil pass right through and crash-land. The Running Man was shocked. Not only did he fell for his own trick, he actually lost energy in this attack. For the first time, he was really scared. If he lost much more energy, he could vanish into the abyss. That couldn't happen. He still had something to do. So he had to come up with something, but what? `Wait…' he thought, `I got it…'
 
The Running Man walked over to Kirby and grabbed him in the only weak spot he was sure to have: the eyes. Kirby yelped in agonizing pain as he was lifted by the bare eyes by the Running Man. The puffball could feel his eye's capillaries popping off, and he felt the blood running and dripping as his eyes threatened to pop out of their sockets. The spectators could barely keep themselves composed at the frightful scenario in front of them. And the worst part was the crushing realization that they were right there, yet they couldn't do a thing.
 
Suddenly, Kirby turned his frown upside-down, and the Running Man felt a charge, a dangerous one for him. He tried setting Kirby down, but he couldn't get off him. It was like they were glued. Kirby's smirk was strange to the others, until Sailor Mercury figured it out.
 
“He's sucking the Running Man dry!” she shouted.
 
He fought with all his will, but the Running Man found himself being absorbed right into Kirby's body. After some time to adapt (and to regenerate his eyes… Kirbys can do that), Kirby faced his teammates with a victorious smile. The survivors broke in a wave of cheering and celebration. Finally, everything was all right in the world. (Well, not everything, if you take into account the war in Irak, the massive criminality, and the fact that Barney still exists, but still…)
 
Then, Kirby started feeling uneasy. His stomach was aching severely. His head was throbbing like there was no tomorrow. He couldn't stand it anymore. He felt like he was going to explode. And then, it happened.
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”
 
Along the massive screaming came a seemly never-ending tower of flames which quickly surrounded Kirby. The others quickly ran back to avoid being burned by the flames. For a moment, there was silence, anguish, nervous expectation. (Wow, it's gotten really serious these past paragraphs. Don't worry, it'll end soon.) Then, from within the flames, a figure was coming out, but it was not who they expected. He was tall. He had a menacing lok. He had, long, silver hair.
 
He was Sephiroth.
 
Running Man: Hey! Get out of my scene! (Sephiroth leaves) Now, then…
 
There was no mistaking him. There he was, the Running Man, holding the charred remains of Kirby, and stepping closer and closer to his next victims.
_________________________________________________________________ _
To be continued…
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++++++++=++=+=+=+
 
In case you're wondering, I don't hate Kirby. I just wanted to point out that the Running Man was more about the mystery and the horror than the humor (after all, that's what James is here for.) I'm working hard on chapter 7, which I hope to have out by early March.
 
JCM/Lightweight.