Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Alexi's Past - Part One ❯ Escape ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It had been three years since she had seen daylight. Three years without seeing a sunset, breathing fresh air, or stretching her wings. She had been locked up inside of a cell. And in those three years of being cramped up in a small room with only her imagination to keep her company, she had lost all hope in anyone ever finding her. She had forgotten who she was.

~~

Alexandria paced impatiently in her cell, muttering to herself in her native Articuno tongue. She could sense the weather getting colder outside; it was almost time for the first snow. She clenched her fists, her dark crimson eyes filled with the same rage that she had shown when the flaming demons locked her in this disclosure from the rest of the world. Yet this time the look in her eyes was weary. After all this time locked up in this prison, she had lost her virtue. She was no longer a proud Articuno from the royal family. She was merely a troubled child, with a desire to escape. She felt insufficient, no longer able to control her emotions, her instincts. She had forgotten what her mother resembled, and with that, forgotten her place in the mountains; she had forgotten her value to the Articuno race. She had lived in the poverty of the dank, dirty cell for too long.

Suddenly, the door swung open and a proud Moltres warrior stood before her. His long flowing crimson hair shone in the dim light. He stared down at the girl through cold blue eyes, narrowed almost to slits. His voice filled the room, yet it was dark, and frightening.

"< Girl. >"

Alexandria stared up at the Moltres.

"< Listen to me, girl. If I hear another word of that language you speak, you shall be slain on the spot. You will speak Avian, and Avian only. Do you understand? >"

Alexandria narrowed her eyes in refusal to comply.

The Moltres growled, unsheathing his claymore from its scabbard, "< You will do as I say, you disobedient filth. >"

Alexandria looked past him. She was at the end of a long corridor. She squinted to see what was at the opposing end, but the darkness consumed it. She stared up at the guard for a moment, then let out a sharp trill that chimed through the corridors. The guard winced, and Alexandria bolted past him and out of her cell, down the long dark corridor. The guard soon turned and started to pursue the girl, but she was swifter than him. She ran through the long corridors of the palace, then, finally finding a window, she lunged at it, using her body to smash the glass. What she didn't realize was the altitude of the window, and she fell several yards, crashing down upon the frozen, unforgiving ground. She cried out in agony, then pulled herself slowly to her feet. Her skin was cut open in spots, and dark scarlet blood ran down her bare arms and legs. She scanned her surroundings, searching for anything familiar. Her crimson eyes widened slightly as she found the mountains, far off in the distance, and started off for them, running as fast as her bare feet could take her.