Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Brock's Love 2: Little Jacob's Big Adventure ❯ A pup? ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Welcome and hello, PokeFans!! This is Part Two of my latest fanfic: Brock's Love: Maiden of the Dastardly Doctor Rage. I would suggest you read it before reading this fic, or at the very least, read the epilogue. This story will be told a little differently. It will be more about the Pokemon, so they will be speaking most.

DISCLAIMER: I own no part of Pokemon, nor any character thereof. (Wow, that sounds really smart!!)

Claimer: Liz is an original character of mine. Get it? MINE!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Liz took one last look around the room. The crib sat in the corner, a pile of plush toys were piled in a toy chest, and Brock just finished installing the light fixture. Misty and Liz painted the room blue, and Ash picked out a handsome Marrill print border. It was perfect. Persian sat in the rocking chair by the crib with Vulpix.

Brock climbed down from the ladder. "All finished. Now we just need the baby," he joked.

"Brock, it's just. . . wonderful," Liz sighed. She smiled and unconsciously put a hand over her large stomach. The baby was expected in about another two weeks.

"Let's get you out of this room. It still smells like paint," Brock said, wrinkling his nose. "Come on, guys. We can go get some lunch."

Persian and Vulpix scampered across the room and through the door before Brock and Liz had taken a step. They raced down the gym stairs and into the lobby to wait for their `slow' trainers. Pikachu was already sitting in a chair, waiting for Ash.

"Pika! Hi guys," greeted Pikachu.

"Hey there," Vulpix and Persian replied.

"So are Brock and Liz-pika still upstairs in that room?" Pikachu asked.

"Yeah," Persian mewed with a snort. "Liz is always up there, Mew mew."

"So I've seen. Pikapika, I wonder why." Pikachu looked up towards the ceiling. "And why is Liz-pika getting so big? Do you think she's eating too much?"

Vulpix and Persian sweatdropped. "Vul! No, Pikachu. You haven't figured it out yet?"

Pikachu scratched his ear. "No. Figured out what?"

Persian jumped in a chair and casually licked his paw. "Liz is having a pup," he stated plainly.

"Pika-chu? Wow, I didn't know that was how people had pups."

"Yes, vulvul. Brock is very excited. This is their first pup," Vulpix explained, "and it's going to be a male."

"Liz-pika must be very happy. I'll bet Liz-pika will bear Brock a nice, healthy pup."

Persian snorted again, drawing Pikachu and Vulpix's attention. "Chu? What's up with him?"

"Oh, it's nothing," whispered Vulpix. "He's just a little jealous."

"I am not jealous!" Persian snapped. "Mew, I'm just a little hungry."

Pikachu and Vulpix stopped talking. Persian could snap either of their necks with one bite. Even if he was jealous. . . ~*~

The gang went out to a diner for lunch, after stopping at a store to get Liz some chocolate-covered gummy bears. The girls sat on one side of the table with Persian and the boys sat on the other with Vulpix and Pikachu. Everyone had already finished eating and were laughing it up over sodas. Suddenly, Liz became quiet. She put her hand over her stomach. `Maybe just some indigestion,' she thought. Persian looked at her and sniffed her belly. Something was going on in there.

Pikachu and Vulpix noticed, too. Something just didn't smell right. Brock stopped in the middle of his sentence when he noticed the Pokemon had all gathered around Liz.

"Liz?" he asked. "are you all right?"

"Oh, I'm fine," she smiled weakly. "I just probably shouldn't have had that third Philly cheese steak. OWW!" She bent forward and clutched at her stomach. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be okay." But as soon as she stood up, there was a splash. She looked down and saw the puddle at her feet. "Oh, crap."

"Liz! Omigod, I think your water broke!" Misty squealed.

"Well," Liz said quietly, "would you look at that?"

"We've got to get her to the hospital!" Brock yelled. There was another pained moan, and Liz dropped to her knees. She started to cry. "It. . . hurts," she gasped.

Persian was at her side, licking her face. The pup was hurting her?

Brock kneeled down to Liz and put her arm around his neck. People in the diner looked on as Ash got on Liz's other side and put that arm around his neck. They would have to carry her outside to the car. They scooped her up as she began to sweat. "Misty, let's go!" Ash shouted. "Get the door."

"I'm coming!" Misty grabbed her purse and put thirty-five dollars on the table. She then scooped up Pikachu and ran for the door. She opened the door and let them outside and into Brock's car. Brock turned it on and smashed down on the gas, peeling out of the parking lot at 50mph. He squealed down the road towards the hospital. Liz cried in the back seat, as Misty tried to get her to breath.

"Come on, Liz," she said, "stay with me! Hoo hoo, Hee hee, Hoo hoo!"

"Stop blowing on me!!" Liz said between gasps. "AHH!! Oh, oh it hurts!"

Brock whizzed to a stop in front of the receiving entrance of the hospital. A paramedic rushed over to them.

"Hey! You can't park here!" he snapped. "We're expecting a pizza!"

Brock and the others ignored him as they helped Liz out of the car. "Listen," he shouted again, "You're gonna have to move that car!"

Liz reached up and grabbed the man by the collar. "YOU listen! I… Have got a PERSON …coming out of me!! Now get out of the way OR I'LL MOVE YOU OUT OF THE WAY!!" The man trembled as Liz's voice cut through him.

"Yes, ma'am!! Sorry ma'am!!" Liz threw him down. Another two paramedics rushed over with a gurney. Brock and Ash laid her on the gurney as she was rushed inside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now you should know not to mess with someone having a baby!! Chapter one coming soon!!