Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of the Were-Chu ❯ 1st Day as an animal... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daylight. Ash Ketchum opened his eyes, taking in his location. He was on his back, staring up at the sky. Vibrant blues and hues of yellow, and many tones that his eyes had never seen before. It was as if his eyes were improved in some way. He breathed deeply, letting the sweet smelling air enter his lungs. He took in many scents, some new, some old. The smell of the trees and the grass under him. A stream nearby. He could even smell himself for some reason. The reason that was odd hadn't struck him yet. It wasn't a smell in the BO since of the word; more of a pleasant musk that he knew was his own personal odor. He knew that this was strange, but the scent was rather comforting, so he dismissed that thought. He could also smell Pikachu's scent, telling him that he was nearby. Ash's ears picked up a rustling noise near him, and assumed that Pikachu was the source. Awake now, Ash stood up, stretching and yawning. He could feel the cool forest air on his body and briefly thought of the terrible dream he'd had the night before. It had felt so real too. He could still remember the strange sensations. Not having thumbs. Fur all over his body. The massive ears. And the weirdest feeling: having a tail. On cue, Ash's tail moved, tapping his backside. The former boy felt his fur stand on end as he realized something rather important. He confirmed it by looking at the yellow tail attached to his spine. He did have no thumbs. He did have fur covering his body. He did have the massive ears. He DID have a tail!! He was a pikachu!!

"AGAGAG!!!!!!! NO NO! NO!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" exited his mouth a moment later. The pokemon grabbed at his fur and face, prodding and pulling on each part. His mind was panicking. There had to be an explanation. Maybe he was hallucinating? Asleep? The most elaborate costume ever made??

Nope, those didn't work. He was a pokemon. That was it.

"So, sleeping beauty woke up…" a snide voice replied. Ash turned to Pikachu, who had seemed to have grown to massive proportions. It took Ash's mind a moment to adjust to the fact he was now maybe 2ft tall. Pikachu wasn't a giant; it was just Ash was now his size.

"Ok…I'm a pikachu…right?" Ash asked rather timidly. Pikachu gave a comforting expression and patted Ash on the shoulder.

"Yep. So, how's it feel Ash'y?" he replied, giving Ash a playful slap on the rear. Ash jumped in response and backed away from him. The sour look on Ash's new face told Pikachu that humor wasn't the best approach.

"Ok…I'll just tell ya what I know and we can go from there. That work?" He asked with a lot of pity in his voice. Ash nodded, now sitting in a squatting position, his hands over his groin. Pikachu started to say there was no real need, since you couldn't see them under the fur, but he held his tongue.

"Ok…I remember the Deities now. I remember what they told me." He started, the fog over that night's events now gone from his mind.

"I saved your ass now that I think about it. They were going to turn you into a pokemon, and erase your memories. You would have been just a wild pikachu…" he spoke, his tone getting grim. Ash's eye's bulged slightly at the thought. A mindless animal. He shivered, his fur getting erect again. A new side effect of fear he guessed.

"Anyway, I started yelling at them. I told them how you where the best trainer in the world. At least where I'm concerned anyway. Then they did that whole mind-scanning thing. That felt too weird…" he continued, Ash now absorbing his partner's unseen personality first hand. He was a lot more of a show off than he had expected. But truth be told, that made him a lot more like Ash than before.

"So, they changed their minds about the whole thing. They said a "Less Severe" punishment.," he added, glancing at his now animal friend. He chucked slightly. Less severe indeed.

"Speaking of which, just what the heck did I do in the first place?" Ash broke in, not noticing his tail swaying with his agitated mood. Pikachu thought for a second and remembered it partly.

"They were ranting on and on. I didn't listen to all of it. Something about humans enslaving pokemon , yada yada, and that they were passing sentence on the worst of the worst. To set an example ya know. We just happened to be in the area at the time. Hell, they said you were the least offensive human they had ever met. It sounded like they'd been doing this sort of stuff to people for a good while now…" Pikachu trailed off.

Ash grimaced at the idea. Having this happen to himself was bad, but the idea of others stuck like this was worse. It suddenly came to his attention that Pikachu knew a lot more about it than he thought. The boy remembered that pikachu had been silent most of that time, going after them when he had been threatened. When did he learn all this?

"Question: am I missing something? They only said a couple sentences if I remember. When'd you find all of this out??" he asked, his tone slightly accusatory. Pikachu grinned slightly before letting out a low chuckle. Ash grimaced again.

"Oh, sorry. Pokemon talk a lot faster than a human. I got all of that out when I was yelling at them." he replied, the superiority vibe getting across load and clear. Ash stuck his tongue out at his partner.

***

Hours pasted, with little activity. Ash had sat in pretty much the same spot, doing nothing but taking in his situation. He was stuck as a Pikachu. He was lost in a now rather huge feeling forest.

*gurumble*

And he was hungry. The pokemon rubbed the fur on his rather empty belly and decided he needed to eat. Ash stood and started to walk, intending to find something. He fell flat on his face however. It clicked in his mind that he was now a quadruped. 4 legged. He wasn't designed for walking upright. Pikachu could stand and squat on 2 legs, but all 4's was the only real method for walking. Ash flexed his long feet and gently put his legs under him. Next his hands in the same way. He stood now in the correct position, but couldn't decide which limb to move 1st. He started with his back, left foot, but quickly stuttered along before piling into the ground again. His face now covered with dust, Ash briefly contemplated asking for Pikachu's help. The pokemon had gone off to try and figure out their location, but said he'd be nearby. Ash, being stubborn, dismissed the thought and got up on all 4's again. This time he tried a left right left approach, getting several feet before banging his chin into the ground. This process of trail and error would go on for nearly an hour before he could walk correctly. He still fell quite a bit though…

Now able to walk, Ash remembered the empty void that was his stomach. What could he get to eat? He gazed around for a moment, looking for something obvious. An apple tree, berries from a bush, anything he could easily get. Nothing stood out as edible. Dishearted, Ash started to go back to his sitting spot and think some more. It hit him that this body did have some advantages. The pokemon stuck his nose into the air and took in the scents. Trees, water, more trees….ahha! His nose had picked up the only foreign object in the forest: his clothes. And in those he remembered having some pokemon food. The small, smelly, pellets didn't look appetizing when he was human, but he was too hungry to care. Instinct took over as the pokemon dashed to his old clothes and began prodding thought them with his nose. It was hard to believe that he had once fit in the dirty shirt, vest, pants, and hat on the ground. Ash thought they would better suit a tent than being worn. After a few moments, Ash came to the subject of his search: the pellets in his vest's inner pocket. The pokemon at 1st tried to fish them out like a normal human would have but soon found himself biting and ripping the pocket open. He was rewarded with a loud *RIIIPP* as the pocket came apart, the pellets scattering on the ground. Ash hadn't realized how hungry he had been as he devoured as much as he could.

"Ugh. You're actually eating that stuff?" Pikachu griped, freshly back from trying to figure out their location, taking Ash's mind off feeding his face. He realized he hadn't even tasted the food, having swallowed most of it, a few still in his cheeks. The former human gagged slightly when he got the real taste in his mouth. He swallowed what was still there and choked down the rest. Pikachu came up to him and patted him on the back in a knowing manner.

"There's a reason I always want what you're eating…"

***