Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of the Werepokemon ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: This fic uses the work of the Pokemon. Which is not my property. I hope I
don't offend. I have no money for legal problems and would very much appreciate
it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much. I also use some concepts from
Dungeons and Dragons plus Gold Diggers. I don't not own that or profit from it. So
please don't sue.

Curse of the Werepokemon
by HVulpes
Chapter Two

In the morning the group looked at the scratches on May that Ash had made the night before. But things weren't looking good. The scratches had turned a flaming colour of red and had seemed to have swelled. What was worse was that May was also feeling sickly. "It like I have something clawing inside me, trying to come out. I'm also have an upset stomaches for some reason." May said as she held her belly.

Ash looked guilty. "I'm sorry," Ash turned to Brock and whispered, "Do you think that it's that transformation you mentioned?"

"I'm not sure," whispered Brock, "It could just be an infection on the scratches, but I haven't seen anything like it before." Brock looked to May, "I have some balm that should help with the pain and the healing." Then the breeder looked in his pouch and collected the salve that he had for healing cuts.

May took it and started to rub it into her wounds. It stung, but it was making her scratches numb. But it didn't help with the strange clawing sensation that was occurring under her skin. She mentioned it to the others.

"Maybe you should try to sit down and rest a while. Let's see if that can help you heal." Brock said, as he helped may to the tent.

Walking back, Max, Ash and him started to talk. "Do you think she's going to be okay? Do you think that she needs a doctor? Should we head back to Dewford?" Max said rapidly as his concern for his sister started to show.

"I don't know. As I told Ash, it could get be an infection. Possibly it could have been worsened by May's own mind thinking about all of that talk we had about Werepokemon. But that fact remains that it is a scratch from something that is unknown. Doctors might not know how to treat it. Heck, trying to explain what is the problem would likely get us locked up." Brock said.

"But is it possible that it could be linked to the possible transformation into a Werepokemon? I mean we don't know much about Werepokemon. Just what people have seen in movies or read in old books. That could be wrong. It might not be a bite, but a scratch that spreads it to others." Ash said as guilt and worry mixed in his voice.

"We have to keep positive. With any luck that balm has helped cure her. It was some of my most powerful medicine. It should be able to kill whatever it is. Even if it's some kind Werepokemon disease. That combined with bed rest should fix it." Brock said, not adding his thought, 'I hope.'

"Meanwhile, we have something else to worry about." Brock added.

"What?" asked Ash.

"Seeing if we can get you to shift to human form, if we do have to move." came the reply.

Meanwhile...

Aki stood on Dewford Island, sniffing at the air in his human form. He couldn't find the scent of his old friend's young son. Fortunately, he had been asking for him and had found out that after being beaten by the Gym Leader on this island, he headed for the wilderness looking for training among nature. Heading to the woods, Aki stripped and placed his clothing around his neck on the bag that he carried for such an occasion. Then he started the change.

It was a quick process, as fur started to grow and his body started to shrink and warp into the animal form that he usually used. Soon, where a man with red hair had stood naked, a Flareon now ran. Searching the woods for the one that he had to help.

He ran into the forest, seeking help from the Pokemon that lived in that area as he searched. Asking them if they had seen the youngster that he was looking for and the friends that had been travelling with him. He had managed to find Pokemon that had met them on the way and that were friendly with him.

They lead him into the right direction. He had to hurry. It was most likely that a Team Fang member had been sent on their way to find poor Ash and try to convert him, by hook or by crook. Some of the methods used by Fang were more akin to torture than any kind of persuasion technique. He couldn't let that happen.

There was also the possibility that Ash could have spread the gift of being a were. A single wound made by claw or by tooth could change the person wounded into a new thrall Werepokemon. Of course the type was usually the same as the one that inflected the wound, unless there was a hidden bloodline in the victim that was strong enough to grow.

Of course not all who were scratched or bitten that way were certain to become a were. There was only a ten percent chance for each inflection of wounds. And then if a herbal solution was given withing a few hours of exposure, the transformation would be halted. 'But Ash wouldn't know that kind of formula, having not been taught the lore and knowledge of the Werepokemon. Information he would need to know for his new life. Information about innate were abilities to the cultures of the were underground society.'

Aki ran like his life depended on it. While his life didn't depend on it, a friend's son's life did depend on it.

Elsewhere...

Mai looked around at the surrounding of the island. She was on a hunt for the boy, but she knew that it might take a long time to find him in this area. She would need to set things up. She would hunt out leads to the boy, but she would also use her own speciality. Weaving a web in this town for when he would return here looking for a way off the island. What else was a Were-Ariados to do?

Mai looked at her reflection in a store window. She had to say that she was a hot young woman. Red hair flow down her back, her gold flecked violet eyes shined with a inner light. Flawless skin, long legs and large, firm breasts all added to the allure of her look. She was dressed in a tight spandex top and mini skirt set, in her colour of crimson. A black jacket covered her outfit and yet enhanced it. Red high heel boots finished off the outfit.

'With any luck, they boy will be so overcome by my beauty that he will fall completely under my spell and be easy to convince of the power of the Fang. A few weeks at the training camp and he will be one of us.' She thought as she moved on her way. 'And if he's cute, I might be convinced to have him for a partner for a while. Until I have used him up.' She said, a laugh in her mind.

'But if resists, then I'll just have to get tough on him and use the other "tools" that I have been given to force it out of him.' She said, thinking of the technological equipment, the different potions made of poisons and even the collections of the psionic equipment. Most of which were painful, yet was also successful most of the time.

'But first I have to find out more about this "Ash", so that I can build a better trap for him to fall into.' She said, heading for the gym. If he was a trainer, as she had heard, he would be coming to this place.

Meanwhile, back at the camp...

May was feeling feverish, as the scratches started to throb with pain. Pain that was spreading over her body. She had started to sweat when she tried to go to sleep, yet she could feel pain as she slept. Then the strange dreams came over her. Dreams of Pokemon and the wild. Dreams of a group of Eevees, that were following a strong and powerful Eevee that was wearing a ball cap. She was also following the Pokemon, had to follow his lead and obey his commands.

She travelled with the pack down out of the woods, to the edge of a river. A fallen tree was the only bridge over the water. The capped leader was the first to cross the river as the pack followed him over the water. Then it was her turn. May was confused why she was doing this, but she did it. Until halfway across, she saw her reflection on the water.

It was the image of an Eevee!

'What the heck is happening to me? Am I become a Werepokemon?' May thought as she tried to remember what the guys had said about Werepokemon. The word 'Thrall' came up and that terrified her. 'Does this mean that I'm going to be Ash's slave? I don't want to be a slave.'

Then came the waves of dizziness that overcame her. Her thoughts started to become disjointed. And her mind filled with a kind of voice that was whispering things to her. Whispers that were turning into her thoughts.

Ash is the leader of the pack. You are part of the pack. Ash is your leader!

'That doesn't seem... right, or is it?' She thought as she heard the voice repeat. More was added to the chant.

Be a Thrall is good. Obedience is good. Being an obedient Thrall is good.

'I want to be good. I have to be good. To obey is to be good.' May thought as the words started to over come her confused mind. Growing deep in her subconscious mind. With strength from the words that were whispering into her mind.

A while later...

May woke from her strange dream, her mind still swirling from the weird elements that had occurred with in the dreams. 'Man, that was some strange dream. I must have been really sick. But the pain gone.' She looked down at her furry arm and couldn't see any of the scratches.
'There all....what the.!.'

She looked at her arms again and saw that it was covered with fur. Looking to the other parts of her body she noticed that they were covered with fur. 'I don't like the look of this. I don't like the look of this!' She moved to pick up a mirror to look at herself.

Outside...

A high pitched wailing scream echoed across the forest. Alerting the world to the latest Were-Eevee.

Aki heard the yell. He knew that it was human and most likely female. His instincts told him that it was connected with Ash. 'My old gut has never let me down before. I got a feeling that Ash has just added to his pack. I better hurry before anything else can go wrong.' Aki began to run at double time speeds.

Ash, Brock and Max headed to the source of the noise, only to find out it was their camp. Stepping out of the tent, was a shocked May. In full hybrid Were-Eevee form. Her eye was twitching from the shock that she had been given.

Ash immediately felt guilty. "I'm sorry May. I didn't mean for this to happen. I don't know how this happened."

"I guess that scratches do transfer the curse after all." Max said a little surprise. But one could hear a little envy to May's fate.

"I... I... Help!" May said, as she twitched from the surprise. Then she developed anger. "Master, I am so upset at you!" The her eyes grew larger again. As did all of the men with her.

Ash was the first to speak. "Did you just call me master?" He said, not wanting to know the answer.

"No.. I couldn't have... Master!" May said, surprised at the words that were coming out of her mouth. "What the heck is happening to me? Why am I saying that? What's wrong with me?"

"Simply put, you have become Ash's Thrall." Came a strange voice from the woods. Everyone looked at that direction, only to see a Flareon walk out of the woods. Panting from breath.

"Who said that?" asked Brock, as he tried to look for the person that was speaking.

"I did." Spoke the Pokemon, "And if you give me a few moments to dress, I help you through what is happening."

In the bushes...

Team Rocket was watching the situation. Meowth was worried. 'Those two have got in their head that Werepokemon are their ticket to the big time. And normally I would agree. But they don't know the dangers that connected to the world of Werepokemon.'

Images of death and horror danced his mind like a twisted movie. 'Those two are going to get me killed if I don't find a way to stopped them from doing something stupid. The twerps should be able to stop them, like they always do. But if word gets out about the Werepokemon, Team Fang might step up their plans and make things rough. For both humans and Pokemon!'

'Good thing I convinced them to focus on recon on the twerps for now. It gives me more time to think of a way to convince them to get off the were case. But trying to convince those two from going after a major money making thing is like trying to catch a rainbow. Impossible. Unless I do something to alter their behaviour.'

'But how?'

Back to the camp...

Aki stood before the children that had gathered to see him. He walked towards Ash, and took his hand. "It's nice to see you again. It has been a long time since I have seen you."

Ash looked confused. "Do I know you?"

"You wouldn't know me since I only met you when you were only a small child. But I was a pack mate of your fathers. He and I were Were-Eevees together. He made me promise to help you learn of your condition if you were to develop it. To understand the nature of Werepokemon."Aki said, letting go of Ash's hand.

"But I see that you have already come across one of the problems of the condition. Transfer and thralling of people to condition. I had hoped that this hadn't happened, or it could at least wait till I arrived." Aki said.

"Why's that?" Asked May.

"Because the condition is only ten percent transmittable per wounding. And I could have cursed it given the right amount of time. But from your actions and your appearance, it looks like I'm too late." came Aki's reply. "There are however tricks that can be used to reduce the level of thrall status. But that might take a little time to explain it all to you. It will be part of the learning that you will have to go through to become part of the Werepokemon underground."

"Werepokemon Underground? What's that?" Max asked curious.

"It's part of the secret world that is hidden within the normal world of Pokemon, where weres come together and interact with themselves and those that they trust. In many ways it mirrors the world of Pokemon, where there are Werepokemon who had battles to test their might and others who have contest on the talent and beauty of their forms." Aki explained, "Then there are others who explore their were status, trying to under stand the nature of the weres. But there is a darker element within this community."

Brock answered, "Let me guess. A Team like Rocket, Magma or Aqua?"

"Yes, Team Fang. A team that believes in the superior nature of the were. Who believe that it is their nature to rule over the world, with Pokemon and humans as their slaves. A Team that is willing to use any method to gain that world. Many of which are immoral or inhuman. Some that are even deadly. They are most likely going to be after Ash, to recruit him into their web of darkness," Aki said, adding, "And without knowing the skills and weaknesses that you have as a Werepokemon, it's likely that they might be able to force you to join them."

"So where do we start?" Ash said. He knew that he had to learn more about the nature of the beast that he had been able to turn into. Especially if Aki was right about the attack force of Team Fang. He would need to know what he could do, how to stop the transfer of the nature of the beast or how to mute the thralling effect.

"We begin with the basics of the Werepokemon." Aki said.

Meanwhile, with Team Rocket...

"So we know that the thing the twerp has gone through can be given to others. You know what that means?" Jesse asked James.

"We're going to have to wear Pokemon proof suits?" answered James, thinking about the possibility of catching the something that young female twerp had caught from the main twerp.

"No, it means that if we can do it right we can give one or two Werepokemon to the boss and still have enough to keep for ourselves. Enough to start our own travelling show that we can use to show off the Werepokemon that we have caught!" Jesse said, excited.

James thought for a minute. "But what about the people who are afflicted? Would it be right to turn them into a freak show?"

"James, don't be stupid. Of course it would be right as long as we get the money!" Jesse answered.

"But wouldn't it be possible for us to catch it as well?" James said, as he thought about the chance that he could be turned into some kind of Pokemon. Images of the Koffing, Weezing and Victreebel merging with himself crossed his mind.

"So we take a few extra precautions, that's all. When it comes to the money that we can be making, nothing is too much risk." Jesse said, images of cash playing across her eyes.

Meowth looked worried as Jesse started to spill a plan to catch all of the weres. He should have know better than to hope that James could have stopped her from her plans. Jesse had always been the stronger force of the twosome. Also the more selfish and greed. Whether that was from her poorer background compared to James, he didn't know.

But know he was in a spot that he needed out of. But how?