Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Forever After ❯ A Chance Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Forever After



Forever After


^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
"I can't believe the prince wasn't at the match! It's not fair, mother! The prince loves Pokemon matches! It's not fair at all!" Lily whined as she stepped out of the carriage. Lily was the first to step out, and she gasped when she did.

Prince Ash was riding on a Rapidash, and had another's reigns in his grasp. He was watching the scene. "Y-your Majesty!" She gasped. He had a grin on his face, she had been acting like a baby over him!

"My prince, what brings you here?" Malena asked, surprised.

"Ah, yes…I borrowed a horse this morning, and I'm returning it…I would leave it with the servants, but I wanted to apologize to you in person for taking this amazing Pokemon." He dropped the reigns and bowed his head. "Now, I must go." He turned around and started off, a few guards following.

Daisy, who was watching the scene from the carriage, hopped out. She smirked at her sister's babyness. It was really funny: The prince hadn't shown up at the Pokemon match, which Lily had gotten all dressed up for him, and then, when she was whining about it, he appeared. Now he'd think of her as another girl who drools over him. The three entered the house, Lily and Malena mad and embarrassed, and Daisy thrilled that her sister looked like such a fool.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Ash left the Waterflower residence and started through the forest. Brock, who was riding besides Ash, was silent; daydreaming about the lady in the carriage. The girl was quiet the whole time, but she looked beautiful! She looked almost pleased that her sister was looking like a fool! He laughed to himself. Her sister did look stupid infront of the prince- whining about him not being at the Pokemon match and all.

They rode the whole way back in silence.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Misty ran off when the Queen arrived. When she was sure the prince wouldn't follow, she slowed her pace and started off to Tracey's. She knocked on his door, and he opened.

"So, how'd it go?" He asked as she stepped inside.

"Well, the prince arrived. He helped out, I guess. I was scared1 I thought he'd recognize me from this morning, but luckily he didn't."

"What happened this morning?!"

"Oh, I was meeting my Pokemon, and I was going back to the manor, when I saw someone stealing my father's Rapidash! I called for Trilon, and I had him use water gun. It turns out the thief was the prince…and I immediately fell to the ground. I just hurt the prince! I guess he never saw my face, and my hair was all dirty. I hadn't taken a swim for a couple weeks, and it was still pulled up in a ponytail. Not to mention that it had soot in it from sleeping by the fire…but he help to free Quincy, so it's all right. Then, when I was trying to leave, he followed me! He kept questioning me about who I was and where I was from. I didn't know what to say! I gave him my mother's name…I don't know why, but I did. He inquired that he wanted to see me again- the prince wanted to see me! But, he doesn't know of my status…or my situation." By now she was pacing in the hall, Tracey leaning on a door frame and watching her.

"This is a sticky situation, that's for sure. Well, I don't quite know what to do. I mean, you can tell him that you live with me, but then he'll assume we're engaged, and I don't think you want that."

"I told him I was visiting a friend, and you are my friend, but you're right."

"Yes, now, you don't have any other friends, do you?" She shook her head no at his question and he sighed.

"I grew up with you, and the only other people who I knew that I wasn't related to were you and your family-"

"That's it! My family-! Y-you can act like you're visiting them! Mother wouldn't mind-I'm sure she'd love to help you. It's amazing, but she still doesn't know of your predicament-the whole servant thing…I think I should go visit and tell her. You should change, though." Misty smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She whispered into his ear. He smiled at her happiness. She dashed off into the changing room and closed the door behind her. She changed back into her peasant clothes and put her hair back into it's ponytail. If the Baroness asked, she fell into the lake. She thanked Tracey again before leaving. She dashed through the market and took a shortcut through the woods and arrived at the pond. Quincy was sitting next to the water, petting Eevee. Joyce and Jeinine were in the fields, harvesting some of the vegetables and other crops.

Quincy looked up when she appeared. He stood up, very shakily, but he stood up. Misty ran up next to him and smiled. He embraced her, and then pulled back.

"I could've sworn that you were your mother-you looked and acted just like her. Thank you, Misty." He was crying, she could see his eyes watering.

"Anything for my family." She said with a teary-eyed smile. She hugged him, and they started back for the house.
"So, what did the prince talk to you about?" He asked. He'd seen the prince chase after her.

"Well, he wanted to find out more about me-but that's nothing. I think there's someone who wants to see you again." She looked off to the field, where Jeinine was rushing over to greet them. Quincy looked over to her, and he rushed to see her. The couple embraced, and both Misty and Joyce smiled. "Well, we're one big, happy family again!" They all shared a big hug and broke out laughing.

"I think we need to get back to work, we don't get paid for doing nothing!" Joyce said cheerfully.

"Yeah, but I don't get paid. And you get paid scraps! But, we should get back, I'll get whipped if Malena even catches me off the grounds without her permission! Has she been looking for me?" Misty asked.

"No, when she got home, the prince was here," Misty froze at what Joyce was saying. "He said something about taking a Rapidash and returning it. Ever since then, all of the women have locked themselves in their rooms. I think Lily threw one of her temper tantrums infront of the prince, and she didn't know he was there. It was really funny, and ever since that incident, the baroness locked herself in her room along with Lily. Daisy's been out for a bit, to eat some food, and then went back into her room. I don't think they're coming out till supper. But, we should start getting dinner ready. Come on, let's go inside." Joyce ushered them inside the kitchen. From there, everyone started making dinner. They all worked together to get it ready, and then Misty put it on the table.

"Baroness, Lily, Daisy, dinner's ready!" Misty shouted. She heard one door open, and footsteps coming down the stairs. Daisy appeared at the doorway, and she timidly walked to her chair.

"Mother and Lily are still in their rooms, they must of not've heard you…" Misty nodded and went upstairs. She knocked on Malena's door, and entered.

"Dinner is ready…" She said. Malena was brushing her hair and staring into the fire. Misty's voice snapped her out of her trance, and she got up and started out of the room.

"Very well." She passed Misty in the doorway and went downstairs. Misty went to Lily's room and knocked. She opened the door seconds later.

"Dinner's ready." Lily was sitting infront of the mirror, also brushing her hair.

"Like it matters…" The girl got up and left the room. Misty followed her down the stairs, but went into the kitchen.

"Wow…They're really depressed!" Misty sighed as she entered the kitchen. Joyce looked over at Misty and nodded.

"Both of them are really sad, but, they'll be back to their regular, bossy selves soon. The Baroness will think of some plan to make the Prince forget about it. She'll probably buy a Hypno just so it could use some psychic power on him. Poor lad…" She went back to the desert. Misty sat down in the chair by the table.

"Yeah, she's so possessive! She always has to have things her way. It's not fair…" She sighed. Joyce just nodded at the girl's comment. Jeinine and Quincy were out in the garden, picking the vegetables. They came back in with some in a basket carried by Jeinine.

"Hush, girls! If the Baroness hears you! But, you're right…Now, we should have some dinner…They'll call us when they're finished." The group settled down at the table. They all had a little bread and a little vegetables from the garden, these were cooked, though.

When Misty was done with her small dinner, she went into the dining room and waited for the ladies of the house to finish. They were just finishing when she entered. She gave them their deserts, and collected their plates.

There wasn't much talking at the table. After dinner, the three went to bed. Misty helped Jeinine and Joyce do the dishes, and she went to her room off of the kitchen. Her Eevee was sitting on the bed, sleeping. It shouldn't be called a bed, because it wasn't much of a sleeping place- just straw with blankets surrounding it. Misty preferred the ground. She sat by the fire and started to read more of Pokenolis. She'd read the book about a million times, but she loved it. Tracey gave her some more books about Pokemon, but none of them interested her as much as Pokenolis. It had fairy tales in it, and she loved romantic stories. She wished her life was one, but it wasn't-she was just a servent.

She slipped off into dreamland thinking: Anything is possible…

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

After Misty left my house, I left. I went to my parent's house, which I hadn't done in a while. They don't want me to become an artist. Really, my dad doesn't want me to become an artist; my mother thinks my art is amazing. Of coarse, mother's seen my pictures, father hasn't.

I walk down the streets and out of the village. When Misty came back from her charade, she was excited. She wanted the prince to see her again! I'm truly amazed-Misty Waterflower wants a guy to like her! No offense or anything, it's just- I grew up with her, so, I see her as another guy. But today I was wrong. She hasn't been another guy for years. Ever since her father died, she grew up. I remember the days when she'd beat the living daylights out of me. She still can, I know it. She keeps in shape with the chores the Baroness gives her. I feel so bad for Misty- she's to good for that Baroness.

Well, I'm at Father's. It's a small ranch-we don't have servants. Not enough money. I knock on the door and enter.

"Mom, Dad? Anyone home?"

"Oh, Tracey! I'm in the kitchen!" My mother replies. I haven't seen her in forever. She probably misses me a lot. I walk through the all familiar house and stand in the doorway to the kitchen. My mother is making some soup. I inhale, and I can smell it. It's homemade vegetable beef soup. She's also making sweet bread. I think I'm staying for dinner now…

"Hi mom." I walk up and hug her, she hugs back.

"Tracey! Why haven't you visited? I was wondering what you were up to. How's your art coming? Are you ok? Are you in trouble?"

"No, no. It's nothing like that. I'm here to ask you a question. But, my art is coming along great. My pictures are only getting better."

"That's good to know. Now, what is it that you want to ask me?"

"Well, Misty…Did you know that Malena made Misty a servant?" My mom looked shocked. She stumbled back, and I helped her to sit down. "Yes, she made Misty a true servant about 5 years ago…But up to that she made Misty clean and sew and such."

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Well, I didn't really have a reason to, you couldn't really do anything about it, so, I just never told you. But, Misty needs our help. See, she came to me today wanting to save Jeinine's husband, Quincy, from life in the Seafoams. So, I gave her a dress from one of my clients, and she went out and got him back. But, in the process, she met the prince. He seemed, by what she told me, he was interested in her. He kept asking her for a name and where she was staying…She came back afterwards and told me and asked if she could use some of your dresses and say she was staying with you. It wouldn't be much trouble-she and her Pokemon will keep an eye out for when Prince Ash is near, but, this would mean a lot to her. She deserves better than a servant's life, and you and I know it. Will you do it?"
I waited for a response-my mother was still taking it all in. "I'll do anything to help. Now, tell me about how your life's doing and I'll fill you in about your father's and mine…"

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

That night, Ash thought more about escaping again. If he was caught, he'd just be brought back, no big deal. But, Lance was getting harsher, the stress of ruling over 2 countries. He decided on going to sleep. He got into his canopy bed and pulled the covers over him. His Pikachu came up and snuggled next to him, but he didn't notice-he was already dreaming of that red-headed, blue eyed woman he met that day.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Misty awoke the next day, just like the last. She went down to the pond, greeted her Pokemon, and went back to the house. The servants prepared the food, and Misty served it. When she'd finished eating, she left the house and went over to Tracey's house. Malena would have to do without her for a little bit. She ran throught the woods and soon entered the village. She knocked on the door, Tracey answering and they both left for his parent's house.

"So, what did your mother say?" She asked as they walked through the woods.

"She'd do anything to help you. She was in shock when I told her you were a servant…But when we get there, she'll start getting dresses for you and fitting them to you. She wanted to know if you were going to try to contact the prince today-it would be great if you could. Then you could tell him where you're staying. But, Malena will probably want you back soon-the prince is supposed to be in a Pokemon battle today with one of the aspiring trainers in Saffron. He'll be down there battling, and he'll come back in the afternoon."

They walked the rest of the way in silence. When they got to the house, Tracey's mother, Natalie, was all over Misty. She gave the girl some dresses and hemmed them so Misty fit in them. At about noon, she made lunch for her son and Misty. Her husband was off in Lavender Town, selling some Tarous. After lunch, Misty left. She said she need to finish her chores before the ladies of the house returned.

She hurried out of the house and ran to the Waterflower Manor. Quincy was getting back into his old job of herding the Mareep and Flaffy around the pasture. She ran through the pasture and went into the house. She was supposed to wash down the main floor today, and that was never fun. She put water in a cauldron and boiled it. She then put soap in the water when it was boiling and started to clean. She started in the foyer. She didn't like being on her hands and knees, so she strapped the brushes to her feet and scooted around the room, cleaning every place she went. She finished the work in less than a fourth of the time. She flew through each room, leaving them sparkling clean.

It was two when she finished. The ladies decided to have tea with some of their 'friends' instead of coming home, so Misty left the house. She ran through the woods, going to her favorite spot. It was located between Cerulean and Saffron, a river. The banks were always welcoming her, so she decided to take a swim. She dove in, without even taking off her outer clothes. Her hair, which was in a sloppy ponytail, started to droop. When she came up after the first dive, she pulled it out and put the rubber band around her wrist. She shook her hair out and dove back under.

All of the work from the day just….washed away.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Ash was returning by carriage. He had just won a battle against a real pathetic trainer. There was a ditch in the road, and Ash fell off his seat. Brock and Proffesor Oak, who were with him in the carriage, also bounced up. They exited the ride and straightened themselves.

"What's the matter?" Ash questioned the driver when her got out.

"There was a ditch. One of the wheels is broken now…it'll take a while to fix, by the looks of it."

Ash sighed. Perfect. "Well, let's look around…can't be that bad of a wait. Come on, you guys." The three guys walked off through the shrubbery, not knowing where to go-just pass time.

"Well, that was a great battle, Ash." Brock commented. "You could tell the other Pokemon were poorly trained; I wonder how that boy got so far in the competition…"

"Yes, but that's nothing to worry abut. That's the past, which you shouldn't dwell over. Now, do either of you know where we're going?" Oak asked.

"Um…I've been in these woods before, so I guess we can go this way." Ash started making his way through the trees and pretty soon they were on a cliff. They were over looking the river, which was huge.

"Hey, look over there! There's a body in the water!" Brock said. He pointer to the body-it was quite far away, so they couldn't make out much. There was orange at the top, and it was in a dress…but that was all they could see. Ash, being the heroic type, ran down the back of the cliff and along the bank. When he was close to the body, he jumped into the water.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Misty was relaxing in the river, floating around, when she heard a splash. It scared the living daylights out of her. She waded in the water looking around. When she turned around, someone was swimming over to her. When the person stopped and looked at her, she gasped.

"Prince Ash!" She said, her hand covering her mouth. He gave her a lopsided grin.

"I thought you were a dead body or something! I was coming to investigate, but I guess you're fine…What are you doing out here, without guards?"

"Oh…well….I dismissed my staff for the day. It was so beautiful that I decided to take a swim. Where are your guards?"

"Oh, my main guard is up there." He pointed to a cliff that was behind him. "My friend, Brock. He protects me. I also have a guest over there. C'mon!" He started swimming back to the bank he came from, Misty following. They got out, and Brock and Oak were down there waiting for them. "Hey, guys. Meet Rose. She's visiting a friend here."

He pointed to Brock. "That's Brock, son of Flint of Pewter. And that's Professor Oak of Pallet. He's a guest at our court." She shook hands with them, and smiled. "Oh, and this is Pikachu." He said when his little friend hopped onto his shoulder. Misty giggled at the Pokemon, it was so sweet. She pet it, and it nuzzled against her hand.

"I should be going-"

"No! You just got here! Please, stay?" Ash pleaded. He took both of her hands in hers and looked her in the eyes. "I want to learn more about you. Please?" She nodded, speechless. "Great! Oh, here." He took his cloak, which he'd given to Brock before he ran to 'rescue' her. He wrapped her in it. "There, now you won't get cold." She smiled and blushed at that. He was being so kind… "Let's go back up the cliff!" They all started walking back up the hill.

"So, Rose, will you tell me, today, where you're staying? And I don't want to hear 'a friend's' again." He asked her as they walked.

"Um…sure. I'm staying at the Sketchit residence. They live right outside of Cerulean. I'm very good friends with Nicole."

"Great, now I know where to find you." She blushed at his comment.

"I'm not always there, though, so don't expect to always find me there."

"Well, where else would you be?" He questioned, drawing closer.

"Um…the woods. I'm always out running about and swimming. I love swimming. Do you?"

"No, not really. I think it's ok. I like Pokemon more. Do you have Pokemon?"

"Oh, yes. I have quite a few, but I don't battle with them…not anymore, at least." She said with a sigh.

"Well, why'd you quite battling?"

"No reason." She said quickly. He looked at her, and she laughed. "I just didn't like it, I guess."

"Oh. Brock here wants to be a breeder, don't you."

"Oh, yes. I already make food for Ash's Pokemon and help him with his Pokemon training. He did most of the training when he was young, but he's still great. I, though, am a rock/ground Pokemon user. My favorite Pokemon are rock and ground types. Could you tell me what Pokemon you have?"

"Oh, I'm into water Pokemon. I have a Pyduck, Starmie, Staryu, Eevee, and Goldeen. I love them all so much! They're my life." She said with a grin.

"They sound great." Ash replied. "I have lots of Pokemon, but I only carry 6 with me at a time. The others stay in Indigo or at Cerulean. Most stay at the castle in Indigo. Hey, you should come and see them. I have lots of water Pokemon. They all stay in our pool. It's a giant pool that has a floor like an ocean's. It's really cool." Ash was getting excited, he wanted, really badly, to see more of Rose. He didn't even know why he wanted to see her again, he just did.

"I'd love to visit the castle. I'd love to see the Pokemon. They're so amazing…The powers they have, and all. My Eevee, for instance, can tell if I'm sad or happy, and she knows without asking me, what's wrong or right."

"Yes, it's been researched quite a bit-the master/Pokemon relationship. One of my students, Elm, he studied it once. He didn't discover anything new, but he went into more details as to the relationship itself." Oak said. He looked over at Ash, who was nodding along like he had no clue, Rose was listening intently, and Brock looked intreged.

"Yes, well, he was a very bright student. It was a shame when he left to pursue a field of his own."

"My friend just loves your work, he loves Pokemon, too. He's an amazing artist-he'd love to meet you." Misty said. She looked up from the ground, and at the professor.

"I'm sure we'll meet sometime. It'd be great to meet him." They were already at the top of the hill, and they'd sat down. "You know what? I think you'd like to meet one of my Pokemon. She's a real beauty, and a water type!" Oak stood, as did Misty. He pulled out a Pokeball from his pocket, enlarged it, and threw it out. A regal Suicine popped out. Misty almost fainted.

"Oh my god! That-that-that's a-a-a Sui-Sui-Suicine!!!!!" She ran over to it and started petting it's face. It nuzzled up to and smiled. "But, it-it's a legendary Pokemon! How'd you catch it?!"

Oak laughed. "I'm not releasing my secret. But, yes, it is a legendary Pokemon, and it's the gentlest of the three dogs. She likes you." He stated the obvious. The Suicine loved Misty!

Misty had a thing with water Pokemon, and Suicine could tell. When Misty pulled away to talk more, she whimpered for Misty to pet her more. Misty laughed. "Oh, it's all right! Oh, you're a cutie. But Eevee would be jealous if she saw me with you. She loves me so much, and to see me petting another Pokemon that wasn't mine-she'd use tackle on you in no time!" She looked up at the sky, which was darkening. "Uh-oh. Um, what time is it?"

Ash looked at his watch. "Five, why?"

"Oh-no! I gotta go. Do you think Suicine could take me across the river, so I don't need to get wet?" She asked the professor. He nodded.

"Go ahead, she obviously likes you, so she won't mind." Ash helped Misty on, and the guys watched as Misty and Suicine went across the water. On the other side, Misty hopped off the Suicine and dashed through the forest. Suicine went back to the others and went back into her Pokeball.

Misty ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She made it back to the Waterflower property a little later than she expected, and she figured she'd get in trouble, unless Joyce covered for her. She ran into the kitchen, and Joyce was cooking. "I'm back." She said, out of breath. She collapsed on the chair next to the table.

"Good, now you can peel potatoes." Joyce said happily, handing her potatoes and a knife. Misty sighed as she started peeling the Baroness's dinner.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Ash, Oak, and Brock made their way back through the woods to the carriage. "You guys?" Ash started. "How do you know when you're in love?"

There was a pause. Brock didn't really know, and neither did Oak. "Well, I guess you just have a gut feeling. I've only been in love once-with Professor Ivy. But, she didn't want to leave her work in the Orange Islands, and I didn't want to leave my home and work. But, Ash, you know when you love someone, because your heart tells you."

"Exactly what he said." Brock said.

"But, what happens if you never meet your 'soul mate'? Then, do you take second best or do you chose not to love. And what do you do if you found your love, but she dies before you can do anything? Then what do you do: find another or grieve over what you've lost? And-"

"Ash!" Oak yelled. "I think you're looking to into this. When you love someone, and if it was meant to be, then the Fates will allow it. Ok?"

Ash nodded his head.

"Why do you ask, Ash?" Brock questioned. Ash blushed. "Oh, Rose. You like her, no, you love her, don't you?"

He nodded his head. "I think I do-I love being around her, and if that's love, then I guess I'm in love."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~

A/N-Ok, short chapter, but I have my Card Captors story, my other Pokemon story, my Star Wars story, my CCS song fic, my Zelda story, and last and totally least, my Mona Lisa report. I HATE art now! My teacher is making me do a four page report on Leonardo da Vinci and the Mona Lisa so I can paint a ceiling tile for a final project! I'm SO mad about it…ok. Ja ne!