Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Full Digital Reality ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

About The Tickets- Think about it, they're making you pay for all items you need for your game. How many Ultraballs did you need for Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire alone? I think that more than pays for it.

Legendaries- It's still more exclusive than the Mew, Celebi, and Deoxy give-aways. If one of each legendary is given out, there's less of a super-Pokemon swarm.


Chapter 8- The Legendary Encounter

-About Three Days Later-

Diane had spent the last few days training and capturing Pokemon, pausing her progress for school. Ryu was now level 8, her easier-to-level up Poochyena at level 12, and two more Pokemon had joined her party: a level 14 Pidgy named Loft and a level 6 Sentret, named Scout. While out on an errand, Diane had passed a game shop that she hadn't visited in years, with an interesting sign in the window.

-Pokemon: Beginnings Tournament. Trainers Wanted-

The sign had stated that the first tournament would be on Friday and Diane had trained a few days, preparing for the event. Finally, Friday had arrived and Diane had returned to the shop.

Inside was like any other game shop, with a glass counter full of games and toys. Behind the last row of shelves, however, was an empty space about half the size of a basketball court. It was painted like a Pokemon Battlefield, black lines against off-white floor. Around the Field was an assortment of Trainers, most with Pokemon at their sides. Diane walked up to the counter.

”Hi, I'm here for the tournament.”

The man behind the counter, his head shaved and eyes blue, nodded, picking up a pen.

”And your name is?”

”Diane.”

”Alright.”

The man jotted this down.

”What three Pokemon are you going to be using?”

”Er, a level 12 Poochyena, a level 14 Pidgey, and a level 8 Raikaza.”

”Is that one of the pre-legendaries?”

”Yeah.”

The store-clerk blinked.

”We've got three more in the back, a Raku, a Restil, and a Kyog. Hey Eric! Willie! Ashton”

Two boys looked up and headed towards the counter. Diane instantly recognized Eric, his electric-cub trotting beside him.
 
The second boy had short blond hair, blue eyes partially-hidden behind clip-on sunglasses, and a green hoodie. Over his right shoulder a small, dolphin-like blue Pokemon hovered, streaming tail waving like a banner. As soon as it caught sight of Ryu perched on, the Kyog's golden eyes widened and it made an echoing humming sound. The boy seemed cheerful, yet not rambunctious.
 
The third boy, his ebony hair covered by an orange baseball cap and his white shirt made characteristic by a black dragon silhouette, was urging a short, stumpy silver Pokemon with three, red gem-like eyes forward. Every few moments it answered him with a gong-like metallic noise, though were the sound came from was a mystery. The boy, about Diane's age, was mostly preoccupied with his Pokemon, yet still seemed happy.

”Eric, Willie, Ashton. This is Diane. She's going to be battling one of you in round one.”