Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Full Digital Reality ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: This is my last disclaimer, unless something goes wrong. I DON'T OWN POKEMON OR NINTENDO!!!

Chapter 10- Rise of the Lord of Steel

The wall-mounted clock seemed to tick slower as Diane waited for the store clerk to announce her challenger. She sat at the far edge of the battle field, watching as Eric and Will battled. The Goth's Pokemon seemed to be mostly dark types, the only change being his Raku. His opponent had started the battle with a Wartortle, attacking viciously for someone so quiet. While Eric had gone through a single Pokemon already, and his second being worn away, the Wartortle was still attacking strong.

”Now, finish it with Rapid Spin.”

The Wartortle nodded quickly before withdrawing into its shell, speeding at its opponent. Eric's Houndour gave a meek cry before collapsing.

”I send out Raku! Use Spark!”

Having been outside of its Pokeball when ordered into battle, the cub leapt from the sidelines and, its short main sparking, tackled its opponent. The Wartortle winced and collapsed.

”Return Wartortle. Go! Kyog!”

The little dolphin glided into the arena, eyes full of mirth. Eric bared his teeth.

”Raku, use Spark!”

”Counter with Frost Shell.”

The Raku growled and charged but, before it could hit, the Kyog chirped and blew a cloud of ice crystals into the air. They solidified around the little legendary, forming a thick sphere of ice. The Raku bashed headlong into the barrier and fell back, shaking its head.

”Now use Water Pulse.”

The Kyog burst through its shell and fired a blast of aqua light. The Raku fell, fainted. The clerk raised an arm.

”The winner is Willy! You move on to round two!”

From his pocket he took and piece of paper, eyeing it quickly.

”Alright, its Diane versus Ashton!”

Diane nodded and entered the battlefield, Ryu wrapped around her shoulders. At the other side of the ring the black haired boy stood with the Restil at his side. The clerk nodded.

”Trainers! Ready, GO!”

Diane grabbed a Pokeball from her pocket.

”I choose you, Bandit!”

The Poochyena appeared, looking around with interest. Her opponent smirked.

”I start off with Cyndaquil!”

The mini echidna Pokemon blinked at its opponent, flames appearing on its back.

”Now, attack with Ember.”

”Dodge it Bandit!”

The little pup leapt as the Cyndaquil spat a burst of flame and yelped, its tail scorched.

”Attack with Tackle!”

Bandit howled and charged, pouncing at the Cyndaquil. The `mouse' Pokemon merely opened its mouth and burned the pup. The `yena coughed, exhaling smoke, and fell over: fainted.

”Return, Bandit. Go, Loft! Use Gust!”

The Pidgy burst from its Pokeball and flapped, gaining height. It circled its opponent's head before flapping its wings quickly, the Cyndaquil wincing.

”Counter with Smoke Screen!”

”CYNDA!”

The battlefield willed with haze, hiding the Cyndaquil. Diane thrust a fist forward.

”USE GUST ONE MORE TIME!”

Loft obliged and, when the smoke cleared, the only thing left was a fainted Cyndaquil.

”Cyndaquil return! I choose you! Restil!”

The metal Pokemon walked forward, slow yet with the air of a titan.

”Use Metal Needle!”

”Rrrrrrsssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!”
The Restil's eyes glowed and it raised its arm, firing a barrage of metallic thorns at the Pidgy. The little bird Pokemon fell from the sky, returning to its Pokeball before hitting the ground. Diane gritted her teeth.

”Go Ryu, I'm counting on you.”

The tiny dragon unwound itself from its trainer's shoulders and scurried into the ring. The Restil pinged softly, eyes flashing in a strange pattern. Ashton grinned.

”I may only have two Pokemon with me, but my Restil will destroy your pathetic Raikaza. Restil! Use Metal Claw!”

The Restil lashed out with its left claw, its arm extending like rubber. The steel claws raked across Ryu, the dragon squealing. Diane glared.

”Ryu! Use Twister!”