Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Incomplete Souls ❯ Feminism ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“James…” Jessie sobbed, collapsing onto the nearest chair, exhausted from the effort of screaming at her husband. “I’m sorry… please come home!”


She wept loudly, grabbing her favourite pillow from the nearest chair to seek urgent solace.


“I could NEVER hate you!” She cried, her noise muffled by the soft cushion. “I love you, James!”


Her stomach growled in response, as though her unborn daughter was agreeing with her saddened sentiments.


She patted her baby gently, caressing her own swollen skin.


“It’s OK, sweetie,” Jessie whispered, still traumatised but trying to stay calm for her child’s sake. “I won’t let you be raised without a daddy.”


And with that sincere vow planted within her, Jessie rose from the chair, snatched up her fleece-lined jacket from the cupboard in the cloakroom, and raced out of the door, slamming and locking it behind her.


***


Meanwhile, across the other side of the city, Misty was also preparing to go and hunt for her partner.


“I don’t know if I can ever forgive you for this, Ash,” she whispered, her eyes still marred with liquid, “but for the sake of our son, I will try…”


And she too banged the door behind her frantic frame.