Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Orion Rickter's Pokemon Journey ❯ Fira ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own pokemon but I do own the Taren region, anything about it, and Orion and Josh.

Ch. 5: Fira

This morning was different from others because Orion woke up first. Of course, this was due to an alarm clock Orion had set the day before. He got up silently so he wouldn't wake Josh. He grabbed his pokeballs and a pocketknife and jotted down a quick note on a piece of paper for Josh. He left the pokecenter and walked a little before letting his pokemon out.

"Char! ^_^"

"Cor! ^_^" Both pokemon were very happy. Orion smiled and then they started jogging. They jogged for a while till their legs ached. They rested then turned around and headed back. While jogging back he noticed some men in all black except for a yellow `M' on their shirt. They were unloading crates from a truck. He looked at a crate and could have sworn to see one move. He went to investigate.

~*~

"'Gone for a walk. Be back soon'" Josh said reading the note. He had just gotten up and seen the note. He decided to start getting ready for the day.

~*~

The men had finished unloading and were now moving the crates inside a warehouse. Orion sneaked up and went inside. Boxes were everywhere. He had never seen so many boxed in one place. He then heard a noise. As he went further in the noise got louder. When he reached the center he saw a lone cage with a vulpix. The sound was it crying. He got angry. No animal should be put in a cage! He though. He crept up to the cage and, putting his hand in it, he petted the vulpix. The vulpix's cry got quieter and quieter as Orion soothed it. He brought out corphish.

"Corphish, us crab hammer on the lock." Orion told it. Corphish did as it was told and made a lot of noise in the process.

"What was that?" A man said.

"I don't know but it came from over this way!" Another man answered. Orion knew he had little time so he quickly grabbed the vulpix and ran.

A man saw him.

"Hey, stop!" Orion just ran harder. When everyone was far behind Orion slowed down to a jog. A man suddenly blocked their path.

"It's time for my revenge kid. I remember you from last time. You're going down!" Ironically that was when vulpix blew from her (it's a her ok, don't ask me why) mouth a stream of flames that burned him so badly he fell to the ground writhing in pain. Orion felt sorry for him but kept going. After they had lost the men Orion stopped, panting. He set the vulpix down.

"Go on. You're free now. Go on." But the vulpix refused to go. It stayed there rubbing his leg. "So you wanna' come with me huh? Well then, I'll take good care of you." He smiled and jogged back to the pokecenter with his newfound partner.

~*~

"Where is he!" Josh said for it had been over 30 minuets. Just then Orion came running up. "Where have you been! It's been more than 30 minuets!"

"Lets just say I ran into some trouble with a new friend." Orion said looking down at vulpix who Josh had just seen.

"New friend huh. What you gonna' call her?"

"I don't know, but now that you mention it I think I'll call her Fira."