Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Plan of Attack ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, another chapter. I'm bored, and I want to write. Sorry for taking so long, but i had this really long and annoying project for some stupid novel. It's supposed to be a classic, but it sucked! It took me a long time and my dad took the keyboard away and I finally got it back. Back to writing!


Disclaimer: Pokemon doesn't belong to me. But I want a Charmander for my birthday anyway!


Chapter 2


Sobbing occasionally against his mother's shoulder, Ash explained what had happened, "And then... Charizard couldn't even get past the barrier. They finally captured Pikachu... after all of those times the couldn't get us apart, they got Pikachu..." His mom wrapped an arm around her son and rubbed his head, "Oh, Ash, I'm sure we can find Pikachu sooner or later. I'll call the police station, Officer Jenny will make sure a search is put up. She won't rest when it comes to stolen Pokemon." Ash gave a weak smile, "Thanks Mom." He got up and climbed slowly up the stairs and into his room.

Misty and Brock sat on a couch opposite from Ms.Ketchum, a dismal expression on their faces. Togepi looked close to tears since Pikachu had gone missing. It was used to seeing Pikachu all day, everyday, playing games. Ms. Ketchum smiled sympathetically, "I know this has been tough on all of you. But don't worry, we'll have Pikachu back soon." Brock sighed, "I don't know. Jessie and James are one thing, but the higher forces of Team Rocket... It would be best if we found Pikachu before it gets there." Misty shook her head, "I don't know how they get their hands on all of that equipment. We used to be able to get Pikachu and a lot of other Pokemon out of their traps, but now, not even Charizard could get past. I just hope we get Pikachu back safely. I don't know what Ash would be like if we couldn't..." Her sentence trailed off as she stared into space.

Ms.Ketchum walked into the kitchen. Brock and Misty listened, "Yes, this is Ms.Ketchum. I'd like to speak with Officer Jenny please... My son's Pokemon was kidnapped... Thank you...... Jenny? Oh thank goodness. Listen, you remember Ash, don't you?... Yes, he did just win the Pokemon League Championship, but that's not the point. His Pikachu was captured by Team Rocket. He's devastated, can you please find Pikachu?... Oh wait a minute, I'll get one of his friends." She stepped out of the kitchen, "Could one of you please talk to Officer Jenny about what happened?" Brock got up from the couch and described what had happened to Officer Jenny. In the meantime, Ms.Ketchum sat across from Misty, "How's Togepi doing? It doesn't look well."

Misty sighed, "I think Togepi just misses Pikachu. They're so used to being around each other. Togepi hasn't seen Pikachu for hours and it's upset, I suppose." Ms.Ketchum said, "Why don't I set up the guest rooms for you and Brock? You all must be exhausted from all that's been going on these past few days." She got up and led Misty upstairs into one of the guest rooms.

Brock hung up the phone. Officer Jenny would be sending a search party out to find Team Rocket's balloon. If they found any sign of Team Rocket's whereabouts, they would notify Ms.Ketchum's home immediately. She would know where Ash was so she could contact him. Officer Jenny had already recieved notice of Team Rocket's balloon floating away from Viridian forest from the Pewter City police station. It was probably heading towards Mount Moon, according to Pewter City officials. Brock went upstairs and knocked on Ash's bedroom door, "Ash, can I come in?" Ash answered, "Yeah."

Brock entered the room and closed the door behind him, taking a seat on the Snorlax beanbag chair in the corner of the room. Just looking at the room, Brock could tell that Ash had loved Pokemon all his life. His desk was covered with Pokemon stickers, his alarm clock was a Voltorb, and he had at least thirty stuffed Pokemon animals. Right now Ash was tossing the Voltorb clock into the air and catching it as he laid on his bed, which was covered with Pokemon bedsheets.

Brock said, "I just got off the phone with Officer Jenny. She's setting up a search party to find Team Rocket. They're probably at Mount Moon, or somewhere around that region. She said they wouldn't stop until they caught Team Rocket and brought Pikachu back." Ash mumbled, "Okay. That's good." Brock sighed, "Ash, I think we should go look for Pikachu on our own. And quickly. If it gets to Team Rocket headquarters, we don't know what they're capable of doing." Ash tossed the Voltorb clock higher, "You think I was planning to stick around at home while Pikachu is with Team Rocket? I was planning on leaving first thing tomorrow." Brock said wuietly, "Oh."

Ash sighed, "Jesse and James must be pretty happy now. They finally got Pikachu." He gripped the alarm clock in his hand tightly, his knuckles white, "But they won't have Pikachu for long. I'm getting it back." Brock smiled weakly, "You know that Misty and I got your back. We'll help to find Pikachu." Ash siad, "Yeah, thanks." Brock got up, "Well, we should get some rest if we're going after Team Rocket. See you in the morning." He left the room, closing the door behind him.

Ash put the alarm clock on the night table and muttered, "I'll get you back, Pikachu, no matter what." He switched off the small Bellsprout lamp on the table and rolled over on the sheets.

Gotta catch 'em all - Gotta catch 'em all - Gotta catch 'em all - Gotta catch 'em all

The next morning, as Ms.Ketchum was preparing breakfast and the three youths were preparing for their journey, the doorbell rang. Mr.Mime ran to the door and opened it, "Mr.Mime!" The person in the doorway said, "Hey there. Can you get Ash for me?" Mr.Mime cried out, "Mr.Mime!"

It ran into Ash's bedroom and tugged at Ash's vest, "Mr.Mime! Mr.Mime!" Ash said, "Huh? What is it?" Mr. Mime tugged Ash's vest again until he followed it. Once at the front door, Ash was surprised to see, "Gary?"

Gray Oak smirked and nodded his head in acknowledgement, "Hey Ashy-boy!" Ash asked, "What're you doing here?" Gary said, "After the Pokemon League, I decided to come back to dear old Pallet Town for a week or two." He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "And I heard about what happened yesterday. About Pikachu. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that if you need any help, you can gimme a call." Ash raised an eyebrow and smiled, "Thanks Gary." Gary smirked, "And when you get Pikachu back, you know we're gonna have to have a Pokemon battle! Don't forget." Ash said, "I won't! Pikachu and I will kick your butt!" Gary laughed, "Sure sure, Ashy-boy. Well, I gotta go. I'm going to be on my way today. Oh yeah, and Gramps wanted you to stop by the lab today, he's got something for ya." Ash nodded, "Okay. See you around." Gary flicked his wrist in the air as he walked away. Ash closed the front door and went into the kitchen.

Ms.Ketchum asked, "Who was that, Ash?" Ash replied, "It was Gary. Came by to say hi." Ms.Ketchum smiled, "Oh, that's nice. Professor Oak told me that he hasn't been around much since he gave you two your Pokemon. You boys are too much, leaving your families behind for so long without so much as a letter. You don't know how much we worry, especially after I've already seen you quite a few times in the news doing crazy things." Ash smiled, "Oh Mom, you don't have to worry about me. Brock and Misty end up holding me back from most of the crazy things I want to do." Ms.Ketchum said, "Now that just makes me want to keep you at home, young man." Ash chuckled weakly, "Don't worry. Every time, Pikachu was by my side. Pikachu always helped me out, no matter what." Ms.Ketchum smiled, "So you had better find Pikachu soon, or I'll have you stay at home." Ash smiled, "Okay." He then wolfed down his breakfast of pancakes.

Brock and Misty, who had already eaten earlier, came into the kitchen and sat around the kitchen table. Ms.Ketchum said, "Oh, I've got something for you all." She opened the refrigerator and pulled out three basketball sized lunch boxes, "These should be enough for lunch and dinner." She passed a green bag to Brock, "This one is for you." She passed the blue bag to Misty, "And this one's for you." And she passed the red bag to Ash, "And for my most wonderful little baby in the world!" Ash gulped down a mouthful of pancakes, "Mom, I'm not a little baby!" Ms.Ketchum smiled, "Well, to me, you'll always be my little baby. So there." Ash sighed and continued eating his pancakes.

Ms.Ketchum asked, "So, do you three have a plan to getting Pikachu back?" Brock said, "Well, I told Officer Jenny that we'd be stopping at each Police Station in each town we pass. We can call her from there and she'll tell us if she has any news. And from there, we can just follow what she says." Ms.Ketchum nodded, "Okay." Ash inhaled the last piece of his pancake and wiped his mouth, "Okay you guys, let's go." He ran into the backyard. The rest of his Pokemon, along with Brock and Misty's Pokemon, were having their breakfast and stretching their legs, wings, and fins outside. He said, "C'mon, it's time to find Pikachu!" All of the Pokemon cried out loudly in approval, Charizard's roars heard above the rest. It shot a burst of flame into the air before being returned to it's Pokeball. Brock and Misty came outside and withdrew their Pokemon as well.

They entered the house again and collected their bags and lunch boxes. Ms.Ketchum kissed Ash's forehead and said, "Be safe. I hope you find Pikachu soon. Come back anytime." Ash said, "Bye mom. I'll try to call more often from now on." Ms. Ketchum smiled, "That's my baby." Brock and Misty smiled, "Thank you Ms.Ketchum." Ms.Ketchum smiled and entered the kitchen.

Ash, Misty, and Brock began walking down the road when Ash remembered something, "Oh, I almost forgot. Gary said that Professor Oak wanted to see me." They headed towards the lab up the hill. They entered the lab and a few of the aides looked at them curiously. Suddenly someone called out, "Ash!" Ash turned to see Professor Oak behind a desk, amidst piles of books. Ash walkedover to the desk, "Hi Professor Oak." Professor Oak said, "Congratulations on defeating the Pokemon League. You had some magnificent battles there." Ash said, "Thanks. The Professor continued, "I also heard about what happened with Team Rocket earlier. Actually, Gary told me. But anyway, I know you must be upset." Ash sighed, "Yeah. But we were just about to go and look for Team Rocket." Professor Oak smirked, "Well, I've got something to help you out."

He led them to the back of the lab, "You remember Gary's Arcanine? Well..." He took a Pokeball off of a shelf, "Gary though you could borrow it for a while." Ash's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. When he recovered, he said, "Gary? Gary's letting me use his Arcanine!?"Professer Oak chuckled, "Yes, it's quite surprising. He's a very quick thinker, and when he heard about your missing Pikachu, he knew that Arcanine could help. This Pokemon has an incredible sense of smell. It's seen Pikachu before, and it know Pikachu's scent, so that should make things easier. Also, it is very large and fast. It should be able to carry the three of you and still run quickly. This way if you get on the trail of Team Rocket, you can most likely catch up to them. Arcanine is a very powerful pokemon, but Gary decided you should use it to find Pikachu. Of course, it is only temporary, he is quite fond of it." Ash, still shocked, said, "I don't believe it. Gary?" Professer Oak took Ash's hand and put the Pokeball in it, "You've had enough time to be shocked, so take it." Ash put the Pokeball on his belt when he realized, "Oh, I already have six Pokemon with me... Professor, could you-" Professor Oak said, "Yes, I'll take one of them off your hands." Ash pulled one Pokeball off the belt, "Sorry, Butterfree. When I return Gary's Arcanine, I'll take you back." He handed the Pokeball to Professor Oak and made sure Arcanine's Pokeball was as secure as the others. He didn't want to lose the Arcanine, or Gary would kill him, for sure.

Ash said, "Wait, I don't know any of Arcanine's attacks. And, would it even obey me? I mean, it belongs to Gary." Professor Oak said, "Gary took care of that already. He told Arcanine to obey you, Misty, or Brock if any of you needed it's power, and to protect you. He also told it to be alert for Pikachu's scent. Gary left a list of the attacks Arcanine knows as well. Right now it knows Flamethrower, Counter, Body Slam, Agility, Fire Blast and Bite. And also some standard attacks. He also mentioned that Fire Blast is the strongest attack, but it can't be used too often at once without wearing out Arcanine. And lastly, Arcanine is equipped with a Hyper Potion which it will use by itself when it needs it." Ash, flabbergasted, said, "Wow, Gary put a lot of planning to do this. I still can't believe he's letting me borrow his Arcanine!" Professor Oak said, "Well, you are in a hurry, I suppose. Perhaps, with Arcanine's help, you can find Pikachu sooner rather than later."

The trio left Professor Oak's famous lab, waving at the smiling old man. Once on the outskirts of the town, Ash said for the hundredth time, "I can't believe he's letting me borrow his Arcanine. He's always picking on me, so why would he?" Misty groaned in aggravation, "Ugh, Ash! Maybe it's because he wants to help you! You guys are friends, even if you are rivals. Plus, you helped him out when he and his cheerleaders were attaked in Vermillion Gym. Maybe he feels that he owes you." Brock immediately started drooling, "Ooh! Did you say cheerleaders? Those cheerleaders were beautiful, ahhh!" Misty bonked him on the back of the head, "Enough of that, Casanova! We're off to find Pikachu, this is no time to be drooling over cheerleaders! Wipe your face!" Brock did as he was told and kept quiet.

Ash asked, "You think I should let Arcanine out? Maybe it can pick up a trace of Pikachu's scent around here and lead us in the right direction." Misty said, "Yeah, maybe it can. And besides, I want to see it. I haven't for a long time, and last time it was gorgeous!" Ash took the ball from his belt and said, "Arcanine, come on out!"

A large, tiger-like Pokemon with red and orange fur emerged from the Pokeball. It's fur made it seem as if it was on fire. The Pokemon was huge, taller than Brock even, and intimidating. It growled and stood before the three stunned youths. Misty squealed in delight and ran up to the Pokemon, hugging as much of it as she could, "Oh, Arcanine, you're so beautiful and soft!" The Arcanine looked surprised at the sudden affection from the awkward teen beneath it, but began to purr loudly when Misty stood on her tiptoes to scratch behind it's ear. Togepi seemed to love the Arcanine as much as Misty, for it chirped in happiness in Misty's red backpack. Misty continued to gander at the majestic Pokemon as Ash and Brock stepped closer. Misty said, "Don't we look cute? We have the same hair color!" Misty was delighted beyond belief. The arcanine decided to sit down as Misty but Togepi on it's back so it could slide down. Togepi squealed happily, waving it's short arms as high as it could, and feeling triumphant when Arcanine caught the egg Pokemon with it's tail before hitting the ground.

Ash said, "Holy cow. This thing is huge." Brock nodded and observed the Pokemon, trying to look at it without Misty obsuring his view, "Gary has been taking great care of it. It's perfectly healthy, clean, and groomed. Pretty much perfect." Ash rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't just dreaming this all up. Then he remembered the steps to how this all happened: 1)Pikachu was kidnapped by Team Rocket. 2)Gary found out somehow. 3)They went to Professor Oak's lab and obtained Arcanine. 4)This. Ash verified that this was all, indeed, happening.

Brock said, "Okay Misty, it's not fair. You tell me to stop drooling over cheerleaders, but you just can't get over Arcanine. I demand justice!" Misty huffed, "Arcanine is better than any of your cheerleaders! It's beautiful and powerful!" Brock crossed his arms, "Well, there's also Nurse Joy, and Officer Jenny!" Misty rolled her eyes, "Whatever. Hey Ash, you think that Arcanine isamazing too, right?" Ash nodded, staring at the Arcanine, "Uh-huh." Misty pointed at Brock and shouted, "Ha! You see! I'm not the only one!"

Arcanine sniffed at Ash's shoulder and nudged him. It whined and looked towards the northeast. Ash said, "Well, I'm not putting Arcanine back now. It smells something. Maybe we should get it to give us a ride." He patted that Arcanine's back, "How's that sound? You gotta scent on Pikachu, don't you?" Arcanine whined again and lowered itself to the ground. Ash climbed on it's back and patted it's head, "Wow, you're really high up even when you're laying down!" Misty climbed up behind Ash and sat sidesaddle on Arcanine's back. She held Togepi in her right arm and put and arm around Ash to prevent herself from falling when they took off. Brock climbed up last and gripped onto Arcanine's fur.

Ash said, "Okay Arcanine, let's see what you can do. Take us to Pikachu!" The great Pokemon leapt quickly from it's laying position, giving the group a lurch in their stomachs, and began to run at an incredible pace, bringing them to where it smelled Pikachu.



InvincibleInuYasha: Ah, sorry you guys. I had to do this project on To Kill A Mockingbird. I hated it so much! And I love to read. But that book was horrible, not fit to be called a classic, I don't know why it is. So, anyway, it took like, a month do finish it. So long. So I finally got to write. I tried to make this chapter at least okay. So if you don't like it, screw you. Hey! My birthday was like, 2 days ago! I'm so happy! I went to Chili's and these three hot guys sang happy birthday to me! lol. Oh happy happy day! Read and review!