Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Plan of Attack ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, bored again. It's Sunday, so tomorrow I might not get to write cuz I have school and homework and all of that. So, be happy that I'm even writing! lol. R&R.

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon. Bleagh.

Chapter Five

The boat docked at the foot of the Cinnabar Island volcano. Ash ran out of the boat, followed cloesly by Brock and Misty. Misty asked, "Is Pikachu here? In the volcano?" Brock said, "Pikachu can't be here. This is the Gym. They wouldn't be able to hide Pikachu there. Blaine would find out and get rid of Team Rocket." Ash shook his head, "Pikachu isn't here."

Misty shouted, "Well then, what are we doing here!? We can't just make little stops along the way!" Ash said, "It's a scavenger hunt." Brock and Misty said in unison, "A sacvenger hunt?" Ash nodded, "Yep. We have to find seven keys. And the first one is in here. I know the general location of it, but we'll have to look for it once we're in there." Brock said, "Hmm, pretty complicated, don't you think? How would the Boss get to Pikachu when he needs it?" Ash said, "I think he has a different set of keys. But if another Rocket wants to enter the lab, they have to find the keys based on directions from a Rocket of higher status. But I found documents that told me where to find everything." Misty said, "Okay, so let's get going!"

Ash withdrew Arcanine and they entered the Gym. It was blazing hot inside, as usual, and there was an older man pacing across the room. Ash smiled, "Hey, Blaine!" The man looked up, "Oh, Ash. I saw how you defeated the Pokemon League. Great job. But what are you doing here? I saw you only about a month ago." Ash said, "Pikachu was kidnapped by Team Rocket. But I found out some clues on how to get Pikachu back. And we're supposed to find something here, in your Gym." Blaine said, "It's terrible that Pikachu was kidnapped. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to let you look around."

He pulled out a bunch of keys and unlocked a huge door on the other side of the room. The air rippled in the extreme heat. Blaine asked, "Is it in the arena?" Ash nodded, "Yeah." The battlefield was just a big slab of earth with paint showing the boundary lines. It waws held up by huge chains, and it huge over a huge pool of lava. Blaine said, "Don't go too close to the edge without letting me know. It's too dangerous. If you need anything, I'll let Magmar take care of it for you." Ash said, "Thanks."

Blaine left the room and let the kids begin their search. Misty asked, "So, where's it supposed to be, what does the key even look like?" Ash said, "Each key is attatched to a keychain with a bronze Pokemon ornament attatched to it. And as for the location, it's on the battlefield." Misty said, "Okay." She stepped on the battle field warily, looking unsurely at the large chains supporting the slab.

Ash leapt onto the slab and released Squirtle, "Squirtle, can you help us look around? I'm looking for a bronze key with a Pokemon keychain." Squirtle cried, "Squirt Squirt Squirtle!" Ash and Squirtle began searching around the area. Brock had released Vulpix and asked it to do the same. Misty clutched Togepi to her, not wanting to release the Pokemon for fear of it toddling off the edge of the battlefield.

They had been searching for well over a half an hour over the clear battlefield, but there wasn't any key. Ash said, "Then I guess that means that the key is underneath the field." Misty said, "You plan on going under the field?" Ash said, "Yeah, why not? I need the key to get Pikachu back, and I'm not stopping just because I can't get the key." Ash called Blaine back and explained that the key must be under the field. Blane said, "Hmm, I guess I could send Magmar to get it, just in case. I wouldn't want any of you to fall in." Ash said, "I think I could make it with Charizard." Blaine said, "Isn't that the Pokemon that didn't obey you and fell asleep in our battle?" Ash's ears turned red, "Yeah. But recently Charizard's been helping me out with looking for Pikachu. I'm sure when I get Pikachu back, it'll stop obeying me, but if it's for Pikachu, I think Charizard will help me." Blaine said, "Suit yourself. Don't fall in the lava though. It'd be pretty bad news for the Pokemon Champ to turn into barbeque in my Gym." Brokc mutted to Misty, "Boy, that sure is comforting."

Ash released Charizard and the platform shook a little when Charizard stamped it's foot on the ground and roared. The roar echoed all the way to the top of the volcano. Ash said, "Charizard, help me out please. The key I'm looking for is probably under teh field and I need you to give me a lift. Will you help me out?" Charizard looked reluctant, as if it figured it helped out enough, but it soon gave in and let Ash climb onto it's back. The Pokemon took flight under the field and Ash looked up at the bottom of the platform. He saw a tiny glint of light and said, "Charizard, turn around, I saw it!" Charizard turned and look at the spot itself. Ash snatched at the key. He wrapped his arms around Charizard's neck as it made a sharp, upward turn. Charizard landed on the platform and Ash got off of Charizard, staring at the key in his hand.

It was a bronze key, no bigger than Ash's pinky finger, and it had a small Diglett keychain on it. It shined prettily. Ash smiled and jumped in the air, "Yeah!" He got the first key. Only six more keys to go! Ash said, "C'mon! Now we have to find the next key!" Misty said, "How far is the next key? If it's going to take so long, we migh as well stay here on Cinnabar Island for a night." Ash said, "No, the next key is in Fuchia City. It's not that far, just a little way across the ocean." Misty groaned, "That's too far!" Ash said, "No. It's not, we'll make it there in two hours by ferry. And then we have another hour to look for it before it gets dark." Misty said, "You mean it's outside?" Ash nodded, "Yep. In the Safari Zone actually." Brock said, "But that place is crawling with powerful Pokemon. If we end up getting stuck there in the dark, it'll be hard to find our way out of the Zone." Ash said, "Don't worry about it, I have it all figured out."

And so, the three travelers thanked Blaine for allowing them to search his Gym, while he replied, "But how could it possibly have gotten there?" And then they boarded the next ferry to Fuschia City. In the two hours that it took to cross the sea, Ash paced across the ferry, trying to figure out where exactly the key was by using the information in the folder. But he didn't get too far. He only figured out that it was in a tree in the northeast side of sector 5.

The ferry docked on the southernmost shore of Fuschia City. Ash ran across the city, barely waiting for Misty and Brock. He saw the boundaries of the Safari Zone and the entrance leading into it. He ran inside and an Officer stopped him, "Excuse me kid, but where do you think you're going?" Ash said, "I'm looking for something." The Officer said, "A Pokemon, I'll bet. Anyway, there's a ten dollar entry fee." Ash dug his fist into his pocket and pulled out a ten dollar bill, slapping it in the Officer's hand and running into the Safari Zone. The Officer called after him, "You're limited to one hour. The park closes at dusk." Ash shouted back, "That's all I need!"

Brock and Misty were held up in the entrance, having to pay their fee and find Ash. They found him right where he had told themhe would go. The northeastern side of sector 5. Ash was franically searching every knothole in every tree he could find. After the 50th tree, Ash's arms were growing tired, and the prospect of finding the key tonight seemed impossible. He decided to try a few more trees, coming out with grubs and dirt all over his arm. He sighed and leaned back, putting a hand on a tree to rest. And he slipped. He accidentally let his hand slip into a knothole and he tripped. He grabbed onto whatever was in the tree, trying to regain his balance, but to no avail. He was face down on the ground. He moved his hands to lift himself up off the ground when he felt something in his grip. He turned over his hand to see it and grinned. A bright silver key with a Snorlax keychain was gripped in his hand.

He ran out of the copse of trees and said, "I got the key!" Brock, who was tired from digging into trees too, and Misty who was too scared to dig her hand in a tree and feel around nasty bugs, said, "That's great!" And it was, it meant they could go to town and get some rest.

They left the Safari Zone and tumbled into a local motel, falling asleep as soon as thir heads touched the pillows. Ash's last waking thoughts were, 'Only a little longer, Pikachu."

IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY

InvincibleInuYasha: Yay, I finished it, I actually finished it! But I got to go to sleep in like, 2 seconds or I will collapse of exhaustion. Well, R&R, I'll update soon!