Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Legendaries ❯ Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fire. Earth. Wind. Water.

All these things whirled through a boy's mind, as he fell through the air, dimly hearing his name shouted by his friends and traveling companions. A familiar Pokemon clung to his waist, eyes full of fear.

`I can't give up! Not yet at least.'

The boy tried to reach for a PokeBall on his waist, but his body wouldn't obey his commands, as he still plummeted through the air, coming closer and closer to the dark ocean below.

And the water took him.

His skin burned, and he struggled for the surface, as rip tides pulled him away from shore. The boy gulped in air, as did his Pokemon friend, and struggled to bet back to land, which did nothing except tire him out. So reluctantly, he stopped struggling and let the currents pull him away.

Swift water slammed him against rocks. Wincing, the boy reached for something to grab onto, just as a stronger wave of water over took him, slamming his head against the rocks, as he faded in to the dark.

A raven-haired girl with silver and blue highlights in her hair pulled herself up onto shore, coughing up an extraordinarily large amount of water, and rested on the solid ground, a welcomed thing, after two days of being stranded in the water. Her small Pokemon shook itself dry, and curled in a small ball, ready for a long nap. Smiling, she gently scratched it behind its ears, and picked it up, holding the little Pokemon in her arms, and walked along the beach. After a little, she came across a boy with a small Pikachu curled up besides him, lying on the beach, unconscious. Taking in the injuries, she frowned, and gently pulled him away from the water, as the salt would only irritate the wounds. Then, after seeing how soaked his clothes were, she sighed, and pulled a PokeBall off her belt.

"Quilava! Go!"

Her fire friend appeared, yawned, and blinked. Turning to his trainer, he asked,

"Quilava lava, qui quilava?" (Kiya, where are we?)

Smiling, she said, "If I knew, I would tell you Quilava, but I don't. Anyways, I need you to warm that boy up and dry his clothes out," as she waved her hand in the direction of the raven-haired boy. Her Pokemon nodded, and settled down next to the boy, getting ready for a long nap, as the girl made herself comfortable in the sand.

Three hours later…

The boy's eyes fluttered open, and he groaned, struggling to sit up. A Quilava woke up, and glared at the raven-haired teen, as if saying, "How dare you wake me up from my nap!" and scooted closer to a female sitting in the sand, stroking the little Eevee in her lap. Looking up, she smiled, and chirped, "Well, glad to see you're awake! Had me worried for a little while there! Now," she held out a hand, "arm." The teen blinked, but held his arm out, and saw the gash on it. The girl took it in her hand, and pulled out a roll of bandages, and began wrapping the deep wound. When she was finished, she pulled the teen to his feet, and said, "Shirt, off."

The teen blushed.

Rolling her eyes, the girl explained, "I think you may have fractured a couple of ribs, and I'll need to wrap those as well." Blinking, the boy turned away from her, and pulled his shirt off, and sat himself on a rock. Walking over, the girl quickly bandaged up his ribs, tucking the end in efficiently. Looking at him, she asked the question that he had been waiting for since he met her.

"So kid, you have a name?"

"Ash Ketchum, from Pallet Town. And you are?"

"Kiya Ashitaka, from Saffron City."

"Well, Kiya, guess we'll be working together to get through this, huh?"

"Yeah, guess so." A pause. "Ash, do you feel like we're being… watched?"

Locking eyes with Kiya, Ash understood the feeling she was getting, for he was experiencing it as well. Nodding his head, Ash replied, "Yeah, but like we're being watched by multiple things. Wonder why?"

"I have no idea what so ever."

Look up…

Mewtwo floated in the air with Mew, Celebi, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos, Suicune, Raigeki, and Entei on the ground. He watched as Ash, the human who had taught him about humans themselves, and his Pikachu get swept on shore, Ash unconscious, and Pikachu exhausted.

"How?" Mew asked, her eyes full of concern for the boy that had helped them all, currently motionless on the sand.

"He may be a Bringer of Destiny,(Bringer of Destiny is something that only the Legendaries know about, but you'll find out about it in a few chapters) but he is still human, and can therefore be harmed by things humans can." Lugia said, his eyes watching the raven-haired teen, noting that he was bleeding, but decided not to bring it up.

"Something is coming from the South. Something similar, yet different from the aura of the Bringer of Destiny." Suicune murmured, loud enough so that only the Legendaries heard him.

A teenaged girl hauled herself up onto the beach, coughing up water, her Eevee shaking itself dry. After resting, she made her way down the beach towards Ash, and helped him stay warm while she rested for a bit longer. When he woke up, the two exchanged a few words before the girl bandaged his wounds. Nothing they said reached the Legendaries' ears, until introductions were made.

"Ash Ketchum, from Pallet Town. And you are?"

"Kiya Ashitaka, from Saffron City."

The rest Mewtwo tuned out on, thinking about other things, until he heard a slightly worried voice ask, "Ash, do you feel like we're being… watched?"

"Yeah, but like we're being watched by multiple things. Wonder why?"

"I have no idea what so ever."

Mewtwo smiled slightly, and the Legendaries all silently agreed that they should head out.

To Be Continued…

Fea: Whee! First chapter of first ficcie done!

Kiya: Great, something where Ash and some other person will end up saving the world out of self-sacrifice, right?

Fea: Giggle, CAN'T TELL YA!!!!!!

Ash: Oh boy…

Fea: READ & REVIEW PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!