Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Real Story ❯ Serenity and Despair ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Serenity and Despair

The warm morning sun beat down on Hal, who lay peacefully in his sleeping bag which was strategically located under a tree in fear of a rainy night. Hal woke up to the feeling of the sun setting his neck ablaze. He opened his eyes slowly. His body felt very wet and perspiration dribbled down his forehead and on to the jacket he was using as a pillow. Suddenly realizing how hot he was he jumped of out the sleeping bag. He bent down and grabbed a dirty shirt which he used to wipe the salty residue off his body. He grabbed his jeans and slide them on and buckled his belt. He folded up his sleeping bag, stowed it, put on his jacket and he was on his way. Hal looked around and the beautiful scenery, close his eyes and smiled. He began to hum to himself. He was in the beautiful * forest. After about 20 minutes of trekking, he came to an area too thick with trees. Hal Looked down to his pokeballs... judging who was most fit for his bidding. He grabbed a pokeball that had a picture of a leaf above the capture window. He unlatched the ball and held it in his palm. He looked back up and the tree and then tossed the ball onto the dirt and a O ddish materialize. The Pokemon looked around sleepily and then let out an Oddish sigh.

Oddish......

Okay Oddish, I got a job for you.

ThePokemon turned around to its master attentively.

You see that small tree right their.

Oddish turned around to face it's objective, it then turn back to it's leader and nodded.

I want you to cut it down... so we can get though.

ThePokemon boldly approached the tree, and then whirled up a cut attack and fired it at the tree. The tree shook and then topple over. Suddenly the bushes behind the pair rustled. A tall man emerged. Hal looked over the character, he had a worn and torn shirt and his cloths in general were very dirty. He had a bristly unshaven face, he scratched it while figuring out what Hal was thinking and in turn what he thought about Hal. The man stopped his pondering and approached the trainer.

I'm glade that that tree has finally been cut down... I've stuck in these woods for weeks. And now, I'm sorry to say, but.....

The man slowly drew a pistol from his pocket cocked it and pointed it and Hal.

...I'm robbing you. You see I'm very hungry and I need money, clean cloths, and when someone walks into my path, it's not exactly rocket science to determine what I have to do.

Ha, You have no right pointing a gun at random travelers just because they are better off than you. Heck, where's your Pokemon man, you could at least be noble enough to use one.

That s a serious accusation boy, accusing me of quivering behind my gun over raising a Pokemon of my own to protect me. BesidesPokemon are a waste of time. They are weak and none can match the power of a well-armed man.

A Pokemon could out do a well-armed man any day Hal boasted. Most Pokemon could take out a well armed man,especially a foolish one like you.

You think Pokemon are strong, eh?

The man pointed his gun toward the cowering Pokemon next to Hal's leg.

BANG!

The little plant Pokemon flopped onto the floor like a sack of potatoes and lay lifelessly. Hal turned to look down at his ex-partner. Green ooze and bubbles seeped forth from the ghastly hole which was once the creatures left eye socket. A steam of green fluid dribbled down from the corpses mouth and on the hard soil.

There you see boy, now who is the foolish one, the well-armed man or the boy with his dead pet.

Hal gritted his teeth.

Now, your things.

The manlowered his gun.

Your Pokemon too, who knows they may come in handy, and if not they would always be good for target practice.

Hal bent down and unloaded his pack from his back and zipped it open. He grabbed his pokeball belt and through it in the sack. The old man approached him and bent over. He then out stretched his hand to receive his plunder. Hal withdrew the bag and hurled it at his enemy. The man stumbled backwards. The gun fired.

BANG!

Theman tumbled to the floor, his gun slide out of his hand and the backpack slammed on to the man. Hal quickly ran to the site of the mans hazardous fall and grabbed his weapon and pointed it and the mans head. The man gasped and scrambled to his feet, kicked Hal's leg causing him to keel over and the stranger scurried though the clearing screaming at the top of his lungs. Hal looked down at the evil machine in his hand. He then looked at the body on the floor. He thought for a moment...


Next time, it will be their body and not my Pokemon s.

...then he slid the gun into his pocket. He grabbed the bag and slung it over his shoulder and thought to himself.