Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Shelter in the Storm ❯ Mystery of the Egg ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Pokemon is not mine. What gave you that idea? It belongs to Nintendo, 4Kids, Shogakukan comics, etc.

Summary: What if the egg that Ash found in Grandfather Canyon wasn't Togepi, (the evil egg). It could change the course of history, and determine the fate of the world…

Notes: <> indicates telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, italics indicates pokemon talking. Ash is 13 (I made him older), Misty is 15, and Brock is 19.

Timeline: Right after Episode 46 "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon"

Episode 1: Mystery of the egg

"Let me have that egg! I'll take care of it for you." Brock said.

Ash stared at the fragile blue and white egg that he was holding. "But…" Strangely, he didn't want to let it go. He felt… attached to it?

"Come on, Ash, I'm a breeder! I know how to handle these things."

"Yeah, Ash." Misty said.

Ash shook his head. "No. I just have a feeling that something bad will happen if I let it go."

"Sheesh. Why argue with a stupid person like you?" Misty said as she turned around.

"Well, if that's how you feel about it…" Brock said, a bit disappointed at the situation. But he resolved to make the best of it.

Ash looked at the egg. He smiled and cuddled it closely. "Don't worry, I don't care what pokemon is in here. I'll take good care of you."

And curled up inside the egg, the spirit smiled.

A week later, Ash was awakened at night by Pikachu's chatter.

Ash! The egg is hatching!

Ash quickly woke up. The full moon shone over the clearing, where Misty and Brock still slept soundly.

A shadowed figure smiled and put away a bag of sleep powder. "That gets those two out of the way. Ash needs that egg."

Her pokemon nodded, and then they vanished in a puff of smoke.

Ash spent a minute trying to wake them, but since they weren't waking up, he shrugged and picked up the egg. "I wonder what it is?"

The shell crumbled completely, revealing a cuddly pokemon.

Daddy? The little pokemon asked.

Pikachu stared. A Dratini!

"You're so cute!" Ash said, hugging the little pokemon close to his body.

The Dratini smiled. I like you!

The Dratini was not the medium blue color most of its species had. It was a pale, almost white, silvery blue color.

"Now just wait. I'll fix something up for you." Ash said. He quickly lit a fire with matches and heated some water mixed with powdered milk. Then, he added a little bit of vitamins (hey, they're expensive!) and some sugar. The final result was put in a small water bottle. Ash picked up the baby Dratini and fed it the milk, little by little.

Hey Ash! Where did you learn to do this?

"Oh, I worked part-time at the Viridian Pokemon Center for two years." Ash said a bit offhandedly.

Cool!

Now full, the baby Dratini fell asleep. Ash smiled, and tucked it into his sleeping bag. Pikachu climbed in next to them and they all fell asleep… well, most of them did.

A brief hint of silver flashed in Dratini's eyes, but the others didn't notice… then, Dratini fell asleep also.

The next morning, Ash woke up when misty dumped a bucket of water over his head.

"What did you do that for?" He demanded.

"Rise and shine, sleepyhead! It's twelve P.M.!"

"And why didn't you guys wake up earlier?" Ash asked, as he grabbed his backpack and headed behind a tree.

Dratini peeked out of the sleeping bag. Misty immediately scooped up the pokemon and began cooing at it. "Oh! It's so cute! I want it!"

"A Dratini! Wow!" Brock said. * Ash is really lucky. *

Dratini didn't appreciate the drooling and sloppy kisses. Go away! She said, before she sprayed a mouthful of water in Misty's face.

Startled, Misty dropped the little pokemon.
Fortunately, Ash had reemerged. He dived down and managed to catch Dratini before she fell.

"Misty! I can't believe you dropped her!" Ash said. Dratini turned on the big teary eyes and Ash petted the little pokemon. "Don't worry, I'll protect you, Crystal."

"Crystal?"

"What? It's a nice name." Ash said.

Dratini wound herself around Ash's chest. Brock smiled.

"Looks like she's really attached to you, Ash."

"That's not fair!" Misty complained. "I wanted the egg! I challenge you for that Dratini!"
"But I found the egg, and I took care of it."

"And who saved you from being carried off by Aerodactyl, huh?"

Ash was about to say, "It wasn't you", before he decided a mallet in the head first thing in the morning would be really bad, so he didn't answer.

"Hah!" Misty said triumphantly. "Let's go!"

"Fine." Ash said. He sounded tired. "Bulbasaur, I choose you!"

Bulbasaur popped out and got ready to fight. I'll make you proud, Ash!

Go Bulbasaur! Pikachu cheered.

"Misty chooses Starmie!"

This time, Psyduck did not pop out. Starmie stood opposite Bulbasaur.

Ash smiled. "Bulbasaur, use Stun Spore!"

Bulbasaur nodded and coated Starmie with Stun Spore, paralyzing it and lowering its speed.

"Tackle, Starmie!"

Starmie flew at Bulbasaur, but she just used her vine whips to knock him away.

"Now use Razor Leaf!"

The leaves all hit their target. Starmie fainted.

Bulbasaur accepted a treat from Ash before she was recalled. Suckers!

"Well, now you can't complain anymore." Ash said. He patted Dratini, who purred happily. "Let's go."

Brock pointed to the breakfast he had made.

"Oh! Right. Let's eat!"

And so, after a delicious meal, the group set off for the next town.

End Episode 1!

Reviews are good, while flames will be laughed at. Or used to toast the evil egg.