Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Journey Begins ❯ The Journey Begins ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Journey Begins
A rewrite of PikachuÕs revelation of Satoshi
by Ayaka Tsukino

Satoshi pedaled the bike desperatly, his legs numb with cold and exhaustion. The hard falling rain stung bitterly against his cheeks like a thousand tiny needles. He shook his wet, limp hair out of his eyes and squinted to try and see what lay ahead. He didnÕt need to look behind. Somehow, over the sound of the rain crashing down against the mud swamped grass and weary leaved trees, he could still hear the angry flapping of their wings cutting through the thick air. Each heartbeat he could hear their terrible screeching cries grow louder. They were gaining on him. His soaking clothes clung tightly to his body, chilling him to the point of shivering. The Pikachu was looking at him from his seat in the basket of the bike, only threads of consciousness showing through his pained eyes. Adrenaline surged through SatoshiÕs veins, his pedaling quickened. Yes..he was losing them now. Their cries were growing softer, more distant.

That was SatoshiÕs last thought before the ground gave way under him as he flew off the ledge. For a moment the world slowed, he was suspended above the earth below him, floating. The next thing he knew, the bike slammed into the ground and he was thrown to the side only to crash roughly into the dirt. He groaned as he regained his bearings and pushed his face up from the mud, his whole body aching. Before him was Pikachu, his plump chest rising and falling slowly as he lay there, motionless save his breathing. Behind him, they closed in, surrounding him. There was no escape. He stood, his legs wobbily for a moment, but then they became firmer. He held his arms out to the side of him in one last defiant move to protect his Pokemon.

His voice was steady at first, but by the end of his speech it was apparent he was crying. They watched him, their eyes cold and devoid of understanding, his words were wasted on their deaf minds but he didnÕt care. After a moment of hovering still in the air they dove at him, and he stood there, motionless, his fear apparent only from his eyes. He hoped they didnÕt see the hot tears rolling down his cheeks, he wanted them to think he died brave, refusing to give in right to the last moment. Pikachu watched his new trainer with shock, that this thickheaded little kid could have such caring for him was beyond his comprehension. Why? And what should he do? But as he watched them come ever closer to the boy the answer became clear.

Satoshi felt the light touch of PikachuÕs paws, felt the tiny nails grasp at his jeans and then his vest as he climbed up him, finally resting on his shoulder. He took a final look into his eyes, now Satoshi was the one filled with shock as he saw his new Pokemon ready to sacrifice himself, sacrifice himself to save him. He cried out. ÒPIKACHU!!Ó But it was too late. As the little creature jumped out towards the attackers, a bolt of lightning reached down from the sky, enveloping the Pokemon in its awesome power and charging him to the point that when he finally let his electricity loose it formed a wall of voltage that threw all it touched back in a shower of sparks. Such power was unknown to a young Pokemon like Pikachu. It sapped its little remaining energy, sending it plummeting into blackness.

They lay there, Satoshi sprawled out unconscious on the ground, Pikachu beside him. The clouds parted and glimmering rays of sunshine danced across the sky, some coming to rest brightly on their eyes. He felt himself awaken slowly, enough strength returning to him for his eyes to open just the slightest bit. Pikachu watched him, still weak in body but his spirit was healed and forever bonded to SatoshiÕs. In that moment, as their eyes met, it was as if they would never again be apart. He sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and taking Pikachu in his arms.