Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The one of the kind girl ❯ Viridian Forest ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter six: Viridian Forest
 
After the rest at the center, Shelly and company then headed for Pewter city to stock Shelly up on trainer materials, potions, pokeballs, antidotes, etc. etc. “Shelly, you did know that Viridian forest is full of bug pokemon, right?” Misty asked sneeringly looking at the prices of potion.
 
“Makes sense seeing it is a FOREST, which obviously means bug and other pokemon.” Shelly said while looking for some more antidotes. “Did you have a bad experience there?”
 
“No, I count being chased by beedrill an excellent experience.” Misty growled sarcastically shoving a hyper potion back on the shelves.
 
“Well, it will be a nice experience if you caught some rare pokemon, such as a wild eevee or something.” Salamander interjected.
 
“Good point. By the way, you shouldn't speak out in public like that yet. People might try to steal you.” Shelly said trying to her. The vermillion charmander then clamped its mouth shut with its claws. This caused both Shelly and Misty to laugh.
 
“Hey, where's Rikki?” Misty asked, noticing the red and white pokemon was gone.
 
“He said he was waiting for us at the entrance of the forest.” Salamander said.
 
“Good. I think we have enough stuff, let's go pay.” Shelly said not listening to the two of them. After shopping, they went and met Rikki, a little pissed on how long it took them to shop. “Hey! You start snarling at me again and I will put you back in your pokeball and won't let you out for a week!” This made him shut up. “Well let's GO!” She then yelled.
 
After an hour of yelling, Salamander found told Shelly that bug pokemon don't like yelling. “Why didn't say that earlier?!” Shelly then said in a hoarse voice from her yelling.
 
“Because it was funny that way. Also because you didn't ask” Salamander said sarcastically. “If you want to catch pokemon, creep up on them and weaken them using other pokemon about their strength. And as many people won't shut up about, status errors help the pokeball catch the desired pokemon.” Now breathing from her speech.
 
“You know that I know how to catch pokemon.” Shelly said in an annoyed voice.
 
“You're right. It is just that you can't stalk them. The clefairy you traded was from your short attention span while walking, you tripped over the geodude, and your zubat flew into wall right next to you. You were lucky for those.” The charmander said. This hurt her owner's pride immensely.
 
Right before she was going to yell at Salamander, she noticed Rikki and Misty were gone. “HEY! WHERE IS MISTY AND RIKKI?” she yelled at the top of her lungs at Salamander, her brain was still on the impulse to yell at her pokemon.
 
“Fucking a'. What was that about!?” Salamander replied, pissed about the yelling.
 
“Sorry, impulse. And I just noticed Rikki and Misty aren't here laughing at our argument.”
 
“Hey, you're right.” The charmander realized.
 
Meanwhile…
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Misty screamed. Rikki was curious about something in the trees, so he went and disturbed it. Suddenly, a gray insect pokemon then rushed the zangoose (Disclaimer alert! This pokemon and its evolutions are based on a Godzilla monster).
 
Rikki back-flipped and slashed its back to no avail. The strange pokemon then jumped, and slammed Rikki. Rikki then disappeared from under the creature and fury cut it on the eye. The insect then rammed his opponent in the back. Rikki then remembered a move used against him while in the wild. Rikki then stood tall and used glare on the creature. It was paralyzed by the unexpected move.
 
Rikki then rushed toward Misty, stole something from her pocket, and rushed back to his opponent. He then threw the item he stole, a pokeball. The pokemon was caught easily. “I guess that is mine since it is my pokeball.” Misty announced, as she lurched for the, now filled, pokeball. Rikki then grabbed the pokeball in his mouth. “Hey! That should be mine.” She then shouted. Rikki then shot off, with Misty following.
 
Rikki ran through the forest as if it were just a track. He would also stop some time until Misty was three feet away from him before shooting off again. He then heard Shelly calling out for him and Misty, and headed for that direction after Misty caught up. Soon he caught up with Shelly and dropped the pokeball in her hand and stared off in the direction Misty was coming from.
 
“Salamander, ask him what is in here.” Shelly then said. The charmander obeyed.
 
“He says, and I quote, iunno.”
 
Soon Misty came, and fainted. Shelly looked at her friend, then the ball, and at last, Rikki. “Okay, get the story out of him while I set up camp.”
 
“Why do I have to?” The pokemon asked.
 
“Obviously, because I don't understand him.” Shelly stated in an annoyed tone. Salamander then started to ask for the story, and then relayed it to her owner. “Heh. So a gray, six-legged, and fierce pokemon resides in here. Just one more thing for Oak to see.” She replied to Rikki's story. Then Misty started to rouse. “Hello snorlax. How was your nap?” Shelly said in a certain tone.
 
“That zangoose is a real pain in the ass.” Misty yawned, “First, he disturbed a weird pokemon, then stole one of my pokeballs, caught the weird pokemon with it, and refused to give it to me.”
 
“You want a giant bug as part of your collection?” Shelly asked, already knowing the answer.
 
“No! He can have it since it is a nasty bug.” Misty replied in a disgusted tone.
 
“Okay, thanks for giving me the pokemon Misty, here is a pokeball to replace the one Rikki stole.” Shelly replied, and threw a pokeball to Misty. This hit her in the forehead, causing her to be knocked out again. “Guess its time for bed.” Shelly said. After which she brought out her sleeping bag.