Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Pokemon Trainer From Under The Sea ❯ "Pick Your Posion" ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
“The Pokemon Trainer From the Under the Sea”
Part 5 - “Pick Your Poison!”
By Dr. Thinker
 
 
Amy was in her Nina form on her the bed. She had already locked her Pokemon Center's door. Amy had decided to make a boat—and familiar face showed up. It was
Pearl
 
Amy stated, “Hi, Pearl. Siren's Report #2 is coming at you.”
 
Pearl replied, “I'm all ears.”
 
Amy replied, “Recently, last time I told you that I was planning on telling my Torchic that I'm a mermaid. I did that. Torchic remarked that I was a `Vapormaid'.” She paused to see if Pearl did or didn't laugh. Pearl didn't. “Meet Louis Green, who gave me a free fishing rod. I caught a Poliwag with it. Told Poliwag that I was mermaid, but I didn't get the `Vapormaid' remark that I got from Torchic.”
 
Pearl replied, “Water Pokemon may know the difference between a real Vaporeon and a real Siren.”
 
Amy replied, “Oh, by the way, can you figure out the gender of Torchic and Poliwag. I need to use the Pokepida on Starmie—to see what level he's his.”
 
Pearl replied, “We got Torchic's gender. He's a male. Starmie is doesn't have a gender—It's genderless. By the way, do you know that their's a Gender button on the Pokedex?”
 
Amy replied, “No I don't. But they seemed to an odd button on both them with the letter G on it.”
 
Pearl replied, “That's the Gender Button.”
 
Amy replied, “Holy hideouts, Batman!
 
-P-
 
Amy walked down to the one of the two staircases in the Pokemon Center. Right now, it was slow going it. It was lunch time, and that's way Amy took the stairs closer to the trade room, then the one near the lunch room. She was about to leave the Pokemon Center, when an old man dressed in a Hawaii-style T-shirt and shorts was having a talking with Nurse Tina Joy
 
Nurse Joy stated, “Mr. Test. Why are you doing here? Should you be with your company?”
 
Mr. Test replied, “I just give it to my kid.” Mr. Test paused a pointed a finger at Amy and asked, “Who is that girl?”
 
Nurse Tina Joy replied, “According to the male Torchic and female Poliwag, she's Amy Shark. She's starting up. I don't think she's going to join you up.”
 
Mr. Test replied, “Still think I'm some kind of villains. Not all CEO are evil. I got name for you: William Stone, President of Devon in Heonn.”
 
Amy asked “What's the job?”

Mr. Test replied, “I like the Gym League when it's busier then a Beedrill hive.—but when it's slow, the Gym Leaders make stupid mistake.”

Amy asked, “The Gym Leaders make mistakes?”
 
Mr. Test replied, “They are only human. Humans make mistake. I was in Petalburg sawed Norman wasn't telling his Pokemon to dodge the attack make by the trainer who seemed to have six ghost Pokemon. One time, I was in Mossdeep City, I saw that the twin gym leaders there, Lisa and Tate, trying to use their psychic Pokemon powers on a trainer's Normal Pokemon and Dark Pokemon. So I wanted a Pokemon trainer to go to O.R.P.G. and O.T.P.G.”

Amy remarked, “O.R.P.G. and O.T.P.G. sounds like oil companies that had nothing do with Pokemon to me.”
 
Mr. Test replied, “Sorry, Amy, but sometime I forgot I'm public. It's either with my friends, my wife, my kid, or my copy worker. Anyway, O.R.P.G stands for Official Regular Pokemon Gym, these are the major one. Only eight gyms in each region are called that by the Pokemon League. O.T.P.G stands for Official Training Pokemon Gym, which is more of a trainer Gym for Pokemon. If you having problems deal with a regular Gym, like you don't have any type that works—for I.E. Sabrina's Physic Pokemon can confuse or melt a Fighting Pokemon brain—you can try to find a Normal Pokemon O.T.P.G. in Saffron City. Normal Pokemon will most likely get fainted if they go up against Fighting Pokemon. Like an O.R.P.G., O.T.P.G. Gym Leaders gave out badges and they allowed you into the Pokemon Leagues—but to get past the guards you must have all eight badges of that region.”

Amy replied, “That's doesn't sound so bad. I was afraid that you might have been a leader member of one of those team that been causing more then a pack of rabid Pikachu.”
 
Mr. Test replied, “Just thinking of them makes me want to remove all my skin with the dull razor I could find.”
 
Amy remarked, “That was gross.”
 
Mr. Test stated, “Sorry. Old habits goes away slower from me then a Slaking with a boil on its' feet. You will pay $1.00 a day.”
 
Amy remarked, “You pay a dollar a day. That is like $7.00 a week! They are 52 weeks in the normal. 7*52 is 364. It takes a regular trainer 40 years to get bored of trying Pokemon. 364*40 is 14,560. The total bill looks too be $14,560.00. But I may be lower or above the trainer. That may not be as much as I could make as a region's Pokemon Champion or the Pokemon Master. But it's not bad. I take you up and your offer. Beside, I don't have any money at all.”
 
Mr. Test did a dance as he pulled out something that looked like a red USB cable with circle-liking ends on either ends. He set down on Nurse Joy's metal desk. Then he dance again until he found a small box about the size of a Game Boy Advance cart. Mr. Test stated, “This is a Pokedex Money Program. All I need your Pokedex—and your Pokedex will recorded it as money earned in file.”
 
It only took a few seconds for Mr. Test to hooked up and program into Amy's Pokedex. “By the way, all Pokepida made in this region—already had this program on it. Check the Money Section by tomorrow at this time and you will have $2.00 if you hadn't creamed a Gym Leader yet—more if you do.”
 
-O-
 
Thomas Town was a small town. It had only one Gym Not too surprising to Amy, that one Gym was an O.R.P.G. She looked at the sign next to the gym. It read
 
THOMAS TOWN OFFICAL POKEMON GYM
GYM LEADER: “The Mad Poison Pokemon Scientist, Maida”
 
Amy read this time and time. Poliwag is on stay-by, while Torchic gets most of the actions—but the best way of figure out what to do to the Gym's Leader's Pokemon is either talk to the Gym Helper or/and battle one of the Gym Trainer. Anyway, she need cash to get antidotes for poison attacks that may come Torchic and Poliwag's way during her battle with the Gym Leader. She walked in a young blonde girl sitting in the chair by the lobby. The girl was wearing a purple shirt and purple skirt. The girl was bored out of her mind until she spotted Amy. The Violet Beaurgarde-look like stood up, smile a fake smile, stated in a fake sweet voice stated, “Need information to bet the Gym. I'm girl. My three male cousins covered Kanto, Johto and Heonn region. The name is Hilda. Now, this gym uses poison Pokemon. Poison Pokemon are strong against Grass Pokemon, but you been bet them with fire Pokemon. Next up, the trainer will give you numbers to unlock the gate to Maida's lab. The gate has a computer lock on it. You need to get all four numbers from all for trainers.
 
Amy stated, “Information Overload!”
 
Hilda laughed, “You know that's the funniest thing I heard this year. Most people just look a mean like I'm not very important!”

Amy stated, “Sure, you are important—but try not to the fake smile and fake voice. I bet people just think you Maida in disguise.”
 
Hilda spoke in what Amy thought was a merger of Molly Baxter's voice and Mario's voice, “It's just that Maida hates Sailor Moon! I don't know what other show that has a Bronx-like character.”
 
Amy asked, “Does she like video game?”
 
Hilda replied, “Yes.”

Amy stated, “Say you real voice is a female Mario.”

Hilda replied, “I give it a try. She's out getting doing some errands. As little help, she's as she has three Pokemon. The four Gym Trainers are in the gym. The first two has one Pokemon. The other two had two Pokemon. All of them are Poison Pokemon.
 
-K-
 
She looked the first trainer. He was brown hair dressed in a brown jump suit. “What do you think of my suit?”
 
Amy replied, “Not bad!”
 
The Gym Trainer stated, “Flattery will get you everywhere, but not out of a Pokemon battle with me!”
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “Janitor Joel wants a battle.”
Amy sends out her Torchic. Janitor sends out what looked a small bag of liquid waste.
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “Janitor Joel sends out a LV. 5 Grimer.”

Joel commanded, “Toxic, Grimer!”
Amy commanded, “Torchic, Ember!”
 
Torchic was faster then Joel's Grimer, the hot bullet-like attack melted Grimer into a purple block. Joel recalled his Pokemon back into the Pokemon. “I feel like a grilled cheese sandwich.”
 
Amy replied, “Don't you mean your Pokemon?”
 
Joel replied, “No. I'm just lost $50 dollars to you—and losing makes me hungry! The first digital is an eight.”
 
-E-
 
Since that Pokemon battle with Joel didn't took so long, she looked for the second Gym Trainer in the Gym. He was near some pipes. He was red hair with a red jump stated, “Getting to the leader is going to a pipe dream for you!”
 
Amy rolled her eyes as she's replied, “I believe that if this was the eight and final Gym, but it's only the first Gym!”
 
Amy's Pokedex stated, “Janitor Mike wants a battle.”
 
The red-hair Gym Trainer laughed as he tossed out another Grimer.
 
Amy's Pokedex stated, “Janitor Mike sends a LV 5 Grimer.”
 
Amy sent out Poliwag this time around.
 
Amy commanded, “Bubble!”
Mike commanded, “Tackle!'
 

Despite the slower of her Poliwag, Grimer didn't do much to Poliwag, but he bubble forced Grimer into the wall near by—and was knocked into the familiar purple block again.
 
Janitor Mike stated as he called his Pokemon back to its' Pokeball. “Nice work! May be you get to the boss! By the way, the four digital is a three. Here's my $50 dollars!
 
-M-
 
Since none of her Pokemon had been hurt by anyone's attack, she's was looking for her next Gym Leader. She found a small young boy in a yellow shirt, blue shorts, and a blue hat on top of his hand.
 
The boy stated, “My Pokemon will make you sick then a Muk with a cold!”
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “Youngster Tom wants a battle!”
 
The boy sent out a small purple snake-like creature
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “Youngster Tom sends out a LV 3 Ekans!”
 
Amy sent out her Poliwag.
 
Tom commanded, “Leer it, Ekans!”
Amy commanded, “Bubble it, Poliwag!”
 
The attack knocked Ekans into the wall—and the result was one fainted Ekans.
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “Youngster Tom is about to send out a Koffing!”
 
Amy recalled, “Return, Poliwag! It's you turn up, Torchic!”
 
Tom sent, “Koffing, let's go!”
 
Koffing was looked like a middle-sized air bag with two eyes and a mouth that seemed a little odd, below it's mouth was what Amy might called a “birthmark”. They was a lot of small pores on the Koffing side.
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “Youngster Tom is sent out a LV 9 Koffing!”
 
Tom commanded, “Smog that bird, Koffing!”
Amy command, “Torchic, dodge that Smog then Ember that Pokemon!!”
 
Torchic dodged a large ball of toxic waste that was ejected from Tom's Koffing and then sent a small ball of flame that deflated Koffing into a white light that soon become a red light. Tom replied, “That was a good battle! You earn you $50 dollars from me! By the way, I forgot my number to the code! It's been a long time since some defeat those two janitors—but I recalled the last two digitals are Nation Pokemon Dexter Number of a Poison Pokemon I used.”
 
-O-
 
Amy discovered that she was near the locked gate. The gate had a computer pad with the familiar touch pad. She saw a stair case that lead up to the Gym Leader's room from the gate. She turned out and saw a girl that was near by.
 
The girl stated “Don't think you can escape me!”
 
Amy remarked, “Won't dream of it!”
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “School Girl Paulette wants a battle!”
 
Paulette tossed a Pokemon—and out pop a Grimer.
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “Paulette send out a LV 3 Grimer.”
 
Amy sent out her Torchic again and commanded, “Ember it, Torchic”
Paulette commanded, “Leer, Torchic!
 
Torchic's attack worked like a chamber and one again Amy saw the Grimmer turning to a purple brick.
 
Paulette stated, “Return, Grimmer! Go, Butterfree!”
 
Butter was had blue body with four white wings appeared before her.
 
Amy's Pokedex voiced, “Paulette sends out a LV 5 Butterfree!”
 
Paulette commanded, “Butterfree, tackle that Pokemon!”
Amy commanded, “Torchic, ember that bug!”
 
Torchic launched a small bullet of fire at Butterfree, knocking Butterfree out of the sky.
 
Paulette remarked, “Oh, rats! You win. Here's $50 dollars! It's been some time, beat me. One of the Poison Pokemon is an evolved Pokemon. Sorry, but I forget my digital. The evolved one goes before the other one. I let you work on getting the gate unlocked.”
 
-N-
 
Amy thought for some time. She already put the numbers 8823 in it—but the gate was still lock tighter then a Fort Knox. She recalled that the Youngster stated that it one of his Pokemon uses in his battle with her was the final two digitals. She called that Paulette stated the evolved one goes before the Ekans. Doesn't Grimer become a Muk? She erased the 8823 number—and input 8923—the Nation Pokedex Numbers for Muk and Ekans. The room looked like mad scientist's laboratory. The room had computers-half of them were apart and was wired in weird always.
 
She discovered that either Gym Leader has a transporting Psychic Pokemon or had a key to the back door, since a young red-hair girl was standing over a working computer. She turned around. She was wearing the usual mad scientist outfit—a black shirt, black pants, and a lab coat.
 
The girl stated, “My next victim comes. My name is Maida. I love experiments with Poison Pokemon. So let have a party that make Dr. Forrester will be green with envy at!”
 
Amy's Pokemon voiced, “Leader Maida wants a battle!”
 
Maida send a familiar Pokemon—Ekans. According Amy's Pokedex, it was a LV. 8 Pokemon. Amy sent out her Torchic.
 
Maida commanded, “Wrap that Pokemon up, Ekans!”
Amy commanded, “Burn it with Ember, Torchic!”
 
Torchic waited until Ekans was about to jump on top of it, then let Ekans had it with. Ekans was burned, curled up—and fainted on the floor. Maida recalled Ekans and stated, “Go, Ditto!”
 
This was a surprise Pokemon to Amy know the pink blob, she just sent Ditto was a Normal Pokemon. Ditto's only attack is to transform into the other's Pokemon. Lucky, Torchic is a fire Pokemon—and the only attacks know were Scratch, Leer, and Ember—making Ditto harmless. According to the Pokemon, Ditto was a LV 6 Pokemon, so as usual Amy knew the Gym's highest level Pokemon is being safe for last!
 
Amy shouted, “Ember it, Torchic. Ditto don't have a lot of HP!”
Maida commanded, “Ditto, Sludge Beam.”
 
Amy wondered what kind of attack was “Sludge Beam”, but she would bet half her brain that it was a poison-type attack. Gym Leaders were known for making TM a lot, but Torchic was able to burn Ditto before he could use that attack. Ditto looked a flat as a pancake. Ditto was recalled by Maida and sent hut come a Koffing. According to Amy's Pokedex, it was a LV. 10. She was decided to stick with her Torchic. Maida looked mad—and Amy was an afraid that she may end up lock up in a nightmare room to play with at Maida's whim.
 
Amy commanded, “Torchic, Ember it!”
Maida grinned as commanded, “Koffing, Sludge Beam!”
 
Despite, Torchic's fire bullet-like Ember attack, Koffing was still sucking up the room. So Amy thought it might be poison attack similar to Solar Beam. But they still a ghost of a chance for Torchic. She saw that they was a metal pipe above her Torchic's location, so Amy commanded, “Torchic, jump and after he's fires his attack, Ember him!”
 
This idea worked. Torchic jumped on the pipe—and the purple Sludge Beam missed him! Torchic jump near the surprised Koffing—and burn hit down to looking similar to a deflated balloon.

After recalling her defeated Koffing, Maida stated in a friendly voice, “Looks like I'm the lab rat for you. You defeat me! You had gotten the right to the Waste Badge. Don't laugh. It's the first official Gym Badge for this reason. Only the Eight Official Gym Badges will allow you entry to Pokemon Leagues. Also you got $100 from me for giving me a good battle, Amy—and take this with you. This is the “Sludge Beam”. It's a poison-take off on the grass “Solar Beam”…..”
 
Amy heard a phone go off—and Maida spoke in a different voice then her raspy voice she's been used—it sounds more like a regular teenage girl, “MOM! I told you NOT TO CALL ME HERE! I was out another badge League. Mom, you got to stop reading those rumor newspapers—Tabloids—you say it like this: TELL-loids. The Elite Four and the Pokemon Agent Joy know that mad scientist route is just act. Yes, I'm will be home for dinner! Goodbye!”
 
Amy laughed. Maida sighed. “Sorry, but the tabloids come up with some funniest fake stories about me. My mother believes the most those stories. Those fake newspapers stories call think I'm a real villain—and blame for what ever trouble fails on Thomas Town—natural, Pokemon, or man-made. The real newspapers revealed it was just a group of Pikachu that caused that storm. Sorry, we just a large storm last week—and I got blame for it! You may have to talk to Nurse Joy about where's the next official Gym is at because I don't know.
 
Maida stated, “Anyway. Not only does the Waste Badge will up the defenses of you, it's also allows the use of HM-Cut outside of battle.”
 
--TBC—
 
Well, now that she's got her first badge, it's a UPDATE time:
 
 
AMY'S REPORT
 
Name: Amy
Age: 10
Pokemon on Hand: 2
PokeBox: 0
Important Items:
SST Tracker/Mermaid Switch Necklace
Pokedex
SST Communication Orb
Bookbag
Maliki Region Guide Book
Old Fishing Rod
Technical Machines: 1
Hidden Machines: 0
Badges: 1
Money: $301
Location: Thomas Town's Pokemon Gym
END REPORT—BACK TO REGULAR AUTHOR NOTES
 
 
I need a way for Amy to get money, so having Mr. Test—but I will add $1.00 a day in which she doesn't battle. This won't include her battles as Nina, but Nina will have problems of her own.
 
The trainer names of the two Janitors and the youngster come from MST3K as well as the two Jiggypuff names from Chapter 2. The idea having actress play a mad scientist for the Pokemon League come while I was trying to figure a good gym leader—I hope Maida and her Poison Gym fit the bill.
 
And here's the fake Attack, Maida used:
 
---
NAME: Sludge Beam
TYPE: Poison
PP: 4
POWER: 30
AC: 75
INFORMATION: The Pokemon will suck all waste in a location for one turn—and then fire it on the next turn. May a