Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Time of Danger ❯ Good (or BAD) News ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon.

Ok people, go complain if my pregnancy math isn't right. I suck at that…

I'd like to note that I did say something about ingrevation! Go look at the notes in the first part! But that's okay. I'll just say it again:
And I quote:
"-Now it's time for the ingrevation speech. It's when a psychic powers up four little points (like from 8.4 to 8.8). And trust me, four can make a difference at times. And the numbers are the strength of a person." [as demonstrated so far in the fic]
And the numbers are strength. The higher they are, the stronger the person is.
Sorry if you guys were confused.

---
The Timetravelers: Endenflaré
Part Four: Good (or BAD) News

June 22nd, 2006
Viridian City Hospital, 6 p.m.

Misty was nervous. She (for once in her life) hoped the tests were negative. That was one thing she couldn't handle right now. What you ask? I'll tell.

Well, it started at six. She had an appointment. The doctor asked her a question that she didn't have the answer to: "Are you currently pregnant?"

"I don't know." That was the best answer that she could give. She hadn't done much about her health; worrying too much about her husband… she was starving herself again. Again. She was too worried that she'd come to the hospital one day to hear that her husband had died while she was gone.

Now she was sitting in the waiting room, waiting. "I hope that they're negative. I don't need another thing to worry about now. And I don't think I can handle raising a child on my own…"

Guess what? It was positive. "S---!"

* * *

Ash's mind again

Six-year-old Ash was bored again. He couldn't walk around too far. Yet he always walked as far as he could.

"Hopefully Angel will come soon," he said to himself. She would come quite often, around the same time. "If only she talked like me. Maybe we could be friends."

Angel was very weird. She couldn't be touched, but she could touch him all the time, and he'd feel it.

She then appeared when he was pondering the issue. Smiling, she stroked his face and started talking in her babble. It was like a foreign language to the little boy, one he couldn't learn. The syllables meant nothing to him. It was like they were just there to show she was talking to him. Angel then kissed his cheek liked she'd do very often. Ash always felt all tingly inside when she did.

"I love Angel." Aww, how cute!

* * *

The next day

TT HQ, 5:20 p.m.

It is another Ash-less meeting. It was so subdued without him around. Everyone liked him. Ash was fun to be with, and he was the beta. That was one less leader. They had sent the beta from Group B to fill in for him. She wasn't as good as Ash though, and you could never replace him anyway. He's too great to replace.

"Hello. Any news today?" Mr. Takenshi asked, setting up the laptop.

"I'm having a baby. Is that news?"

Everyone gasped. They didn't want her to suffer like that. come on, if Ash dies, she's a single mother. That's one thing that they didn't want her to do.

"D--- Jonathan Giovanni! Now this!" one of the Timetravelers yelled. He'd been causing so much trouble, and no one had the power to stop him. Mk had tried many times, but to no avail. First, it was the Indigo Plateau Competitions. [Mk had been hospitalized for two days.] Then, ten gyms. [Mk had to stay in the hospital a week then.] Of course, there were the two in the hospital. Hundreds were dead, thousands of Pokémon stolen, and thousands injured. He was worse than Adia would ever be. [And that's one person that Mk couldn't take.]

"When's the due date?" Amy asked.

"Uh, I think it was the 21st of January or something around there."

"That's great news!" the woman who had replaced Ash's position said. She didn't know that the guy that she had replaced was her husband, and she knew that Ash was in a psychic coma.

"What do you mean that's great?! Do you know how much is already on my shoulders? I can't take all of the pressure!" She just exploded. Well, not literally. She just pulled out a mallet from the middle of nowhere. ^_^ [Now if I can remember when she used it… I can't remember. Everyone talks about it though. Darnit!]

Mk laughed. "Hey, I haven't seen that in awhile." Actually, she'd never seen it. But Mom would always talk about it…

Anyway, she was done. Everyone backed up against the wall. That was scary. ^_^ They made a mental note not to piss her off anytime soon.

* * *

[help!] Whenever you can get an ultrasound or something to that effect [as long as it's on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday]

TT HQ, 6 p.m.

Oh boy… Did you remember the Beginning if you read it? Did you remember that… Misty had triplets? And did you know that she's pregnant with them now? Yah. Got that?

Anyway, I've gone off the topic. Let's go official again.

Misty was in her boss's office. Mr. Takenshi looked at her. She had just told him.

"Looks like you're in an endenflaré," he said. Misty just looked at him, confused. "Ok, let me explain. Endenflaré is an old Johtoian word that means 'time of danger' [hence the other title]. It was used in the old days, usually for times of war. But it can be used here. You're in danger of losing your husband right now, right? That's pretty serious. And your children…" He looked down at the floor. "I'm so sorry about this. I know it's sort of my fault that you're in this situation. If you want to keep your job after the end of this year, just say the word. I'll let you keep it, okay?" he said.

"Okay. Thank you." She was going to retire at the end of the year, but that might not be possible if Ash dies. At least she wouldn't have to worry about a babysitter if Ash did die; Delia had already volunteered to watch the kids for her while she worked.

"Are you going to be okay?" Mr. Takenshi asked.

"Yah. At least I learned now that just because we're married that everything isn't going to turn out like we wanted. I guess I read too many fairytales when I was little. I actually believed in a happily ever after. All of those girls got married to their dream boys, then it'd end on 'and then they lived happily ever after.' Of course, I know better now. I just hope he doesn't die. But until then, I'll be there. I know he'd do the same." She then left.

Mr. Takenshi was jealous. He wanted someone to care about him like that. Of course, he'd never ask Misty out if Ash died, even though he thought she was very nice and pretty. She'd never get over Ash. ^_^

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. I don't think the writers would put Misty in this situation.

I cut some stuff. Like this scene of subliminal messaging. I cut it because I'm not too sure if Ash would actually get it. Not to say he's dumb. And I was reading the conversation between Misty and Mr. Takenshi and thinking "…this is bad. It needs to be fixed." It's better now. I'm happy.

Now you know the meaning of the word endenflaré. Yay! But see, I already (pretty much) told you!

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to take five minutes of your time to babble. If you do, move on and review if you want. [although it'd be nice if you did! *smile*]

Today is Friday the thirteenth. I don't believe in the superstitions. But that aside... I'm talking to a kid on the bus. It started when one kid is quizzing the other. Of course, I knew it and was tapping my foot and staring [which my sister would probably yell at me for if she were on the bus at the time. ^^]. Anyway, so I start talking to him about Pokémon, becuase that's what I like the most. And I tell him that I'm in the ninth grade, and that I can't go talk about Pokémon to anyone else in the school. They either wouldn't know OR they'd pick on me. Isn't that what most teenager Pokémon fans go through?

Ok, that aside... thanks for listening! Sorry about that babble. Just had to get it out. I should get a journal or something. ^^