Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Who is Ash's Father? ❯ Change of Heart ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon or anything associated with it. So you aren't going to sue, right? Right?

Oh yah, there's no Yu-gi-oh in here! So it's not the card! ^_^
And TR fans might go out and kill me… but you don't know where I live, haha. I decided to do this because I could just see it NOT happening. This can be filed in the "Not happening anytime soon" category.
And besides, it's sweet. I'm one of those kinds of people. Just gotta put sweetness somewhere.

---
The Timetravelers: WIAF
Part Seven: Change of Heart

May 4th, 1999
Celedon Mansion, 6 a.m.

Giovanni came to Ash's cell, looking kind of happy. Ash was awake and very hungry.

"How was your week in the cells?" Giovanni asked.

"Fine." It was a lie, but Ash didn't know if saying that it sucked would make him mad.

"What did you learn?" he asked while putting the key in the lock.

"Don't run away and return your favors nicely." Ash also made a mental note not to piss off his father again. Giovanni had a worse temper than Adia and Misty combined at times.

"Good boy," he said, then opened the door. "Go to your room." Ash nodded, not wanting to make his father mad. He got a little lost, but eventually found his room. The first thing he did was take a shower, then he got some breakfast from his mom. Jessie, James and Meowth were behind her, not looking too happy as usual. It was French toast, eggs, bacon and orange juice. The trio behind her was drooling. They hadn't had breakfast yet, and when they did, it would probably be oatmeal.

"I made some for you three," Delia said. "Do you think my son can eat all of this? I don't think even he has that kind of appetite after being starved." They all dug in, glad to get some good breakfast.

"I have to hand it to you twe-- I mean Ash, your mom can cook!" Jessie said, staring at James. He had to step on her foot again. Jessie kept forgetting that they were supposed to be treating Ash with respect, or they'd be out of Team Rocket forever. You don't want to piss off the Boss here. That was saying "fire me!"

"We have a party to go to," Delia declared. "Some rich people from the South want to get their son married." James has shifty eyes, hoping that his parents hadn't found him here… "So we'll be out of the mansion tonight." Ash cheered because they were leaving the mansion for once. "Be on your best behavior, or you'll be in trouble."

"And make it double!" James said. Ash smiled. Too bad they didn't finish the motto. That would have cheered him up slightly.

At nine, Ash went to his extremely boring lessons. Today he was studying the founding of the team. His grandma had founded it, and she did it because of some dream or something or another.

"This is boring," Ash thought. "I'd rather be training Pokémon any day!" He was relived when his hour was over with. But he shouldn't have been celebrating… Adia came over to him, smiling and holding another whip. Ash noticed this one had thorns on it, so he gulped and hid behind a bookcase. One thing he didn't want was to be whipped by that painful-looking whip. That's when he heard his father arguing with his aunt.

"You're being too soft with your son!" Lisa whispered.

"What's it to you? The last time I checked, he was MY son, not yours!" Giovanni was losing his temper quickly.

"At this rate, you'll have to call someone in to control your son! I say you should have whipped him when he spoke his mind to you!"

"Maybe that's why your daughter has a whipping problem. You did it to her first!" Giovanni whispered, very angry with his younger sister.

"Children are to be seen, not heard!" Lisa abused her children, especially if they spoke their mind. To her, children weren't to be heard at all. Besides, she had no love for her children at all. Celedons were not attached to anyone or anything, and it was easy to see that Giovanni was breaking the system. [Like Mewtwo… ^_^]

"It was just in front of me."

"So? Soon he'll be going to Mother saying that this place blows! Then he'll be dead, because Mother will shoot him on the spot!" Lisa said.

"He shouldn't be in her wing anyway!"

"That's not the point! I'm saying that you should be teaching your son the way to be a true Celedon! He's too nice right now. He's too soft and doesn't want to be in Team Rocket. Once you show him what it's all about, he'll turn and we'll have the next in line," Lisa said whiled scowling. She wanted her children to be next, but she had no choice. Her mother had said that Giovanni's kids would inherit Team Rocket.

"What if I don't?" Lisa gasped, and Ash was really surprised. He didn't want Ash to be in Team Rocket?

"You have to! It is his DESTINY! He is your only son and the next one in line for the leadership of Team Rocket!!"

"What's the point? I don't want him to be here, but I have no other choice now. I want him to fulfill his dreams."

Lisa was pissed. "Delia has been poisoning your mind again, hasn't she?" she yelled loud enough for everyone to here. "I told you that you should have just brought your son! Then we wouldn't be having this argument. But nooo… you just had to bring her along, and then you fell for her STUPID ideas about children fulfilling their dreams…" Then she turned the corner, and she saw Ash. Ash screamed. Oh boy, was he going to get it this time…

"Adia! Where's your whip? Someone needs to be punished for listening to a grown-up's conversation!" she yelled. Adia smiled and handed it to her, and then Lisa smiled. Holding Ash still with one hand and her powers, Lisa raised her hand to give Ash the beating of his life. Then a book came out of nowhere and hit her on the head, knocking her out. Ash was surprised to see that his father had thrown it.

"What did you do!? Now you're gonna GET IT!" Adia yelled while grinning evilly. She teleported and came back about a minute later with an old woman. She didn't look that old; the only indicator that showed she was old was her white hair. The woman looked very cranky.

"So boy, you tried to kill your sister… again! What, was this the tenth time?" Her voice was raspy. "Well, you won't get away with it this time!"

"But Mother, she was…" For the first time in his life, Ash saw Giovanni afraid.

"NO 'BUT'S THIS TIME! Adia, take him to the cells. I'm taking over Team Rocket again. I guess he wasn't responsible enough to do it himself," she said. Then Adia dragged him off.

"Thank you!" Ash yelled while Adia dragged Giovanni off.

"No problem," he said. Then his grandma turned around and looked at Ash.

"As for you, DOUBLE LESSONS!" she yelled. "NOW!" Ash had no other choice but to study for yet another hour. He was afraid. What was going to happen to him now? He didn't want to be a Celedon, and he had lost the only person with the power to possibly change that. When his lessons were over, he went to his room, tears in his eyes. It wasn't his dream to be a Rocket member; he wanted to be a Pokémon Master! How could he be one without his Pokémon, his friends, and his freedom?

-To be continued…-

---

The other disclaimer: Don't own Pokémon. Ash doesn't need to be a Rocket member in Pokémon. He needs to be a Pokémon Master! And I know that one day, he will be!

Wow. This is good. I'm so proud of myself.
See what I mean? It's NEVER going to happen. I mean it... Ok, maybe if he was in love with Delia, maybe she could poision his mind some... but then again, she doesn't seem to be one to persuade. I see her as the one getting persuaded... but then again... never mind.

Yay! Shortness! ^_^