Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Unwanted Acquaintances ❯ Electrical Trouble ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap: Charizard was recuperating after saving Ash from Aerodactyl.  They continued their journey the following day.  They had another run in with their good friends Mr. Briney and Peeko the Wingull.  Mr. Briney took Ash and friends to Dewford Island where they were reunited with Brawly.  They spent the night at Brawly's house before heading to Slateport.  While in Slateport, May re-entered the Pokemon Contest and was victorious.  What they didn't know was that Damien was also in Slateport.  He followed the group of friends as they left the city.  When Ash wanted to have some time on his own, Damien took this as an advantage to get rid of Ash.  If not for Ash's Pokemon following Ash, Ash would've been killed.
( ) following Pokemon talk is the translation
( ) alone is Charizard talking
(' is Pokemon thoughts
' is human thoughts






     &n bsp;                            Chapter 4: Electrical Trouble

It was a day of very happy and very terrifying reunions.  Ash and friends first reunited with their good friend Mr. Briney.  Upon the long journey to Slateport City, they stopped at Dewford Island and reunited with Brawly for the night.  The following moring, Ash and friends bid Brawly a goodbye for the second time and continued toward Slateport City.  Upon reaching Slateport City, Ash and friends bid Mr. Briney and Peeko the Wingull goodbye before heading to the Pokemon Center.

It was there that a very unwanted presence spotted the unsuspecting group of friends.  While in Slateport, May had re-entered the Pokemon contest.  This time, she came out on top, defeating her rival Drew.  But things went downhill fast when they cleared Slateport.  Wanting to have some time alone, Ash went out for a walk.  Concerned for his safety, his Pokemon secretly followed.

It proved to the a good thing that his Pokemon followed him.  Only half an hour into the walk, Ash found himself under attack.  The culprit was none other than Damien.  Not too long afterwards, a fierce battle between Damien and Ash's Pokemon rang out.  Although greatly outnumbered, Ash's Pokemon prevailed because they were better trained.

Whilst in the battle to save Ash's life, Grovyle evolved into Sceptile, easily defeating Scyther, one of Damien's strongest Pokemon.  Damien then attempted a sneaky move, forcing Charizard to choose to either go with him or watch Ash die.  But that sneaky move was thwarted when Swellow snatched the knife out of Damien's hand.  Then Pikachu and Charizard sent Damien on his not so merry little way.  Then Sceptile used his healing qualities to heal his injured trainer.

Currently, everyone was still in the forest of Route 110.  Ash was currently asleep in his sleeping bag at the moment.  The adrenaline rush that he had in his terrifying experience had worn off, leaving him very exhausted.  His Pokemon were at his side, keeping silent vigil over him.  They were very relieved that they saved Ash in time.  Brock, May and Max were talking amongst themselves.  They made sure to keep their voices down so they wouldn't unintentionally wake Ash up.

"What can we do to help Ash?  This was the worst attack on him so far," May said, extreme worry and concern in her voice.

"The agreement to have at least one of our Pokemon go with Ash when he wants to be alone is a start.  But the best thing is for us to stay together as much as possible.  I've traveled with Ash for a long time, and there were quite a few situations where we got separated.  Ash handled himself very well in those situations, but this is completely different.  Us being separated could mean the difference between life and death for Ash," Brock said.

"I just feel so sorry for Ash.  He would've been killed today if it weren't for his Pokemon," Max said.

"Yeah, he was very lucky today," May said.

"Luck has been a big thing as far as Ash is concerned.  I haven't been able to figure out why luck seems to always be on his side even to this day," Brock said.

It was indeed luck that Ash made it out of the horrifying confrontation with Damien alive.  At about sunset, everyone sat around a campfire and hand dinner.  Ash was back into his sleeping bag only half an hour afterwards because he was still very tired.  Pikachu and Swellow had gotten into their positions at Ash's head and feet and were soon asleep as well.  Not too long afterwards, Sceptile and Charizard got into their positions at Ash's sides before they fell asleep as well.  This was a tiring day for all of them.

"Well, should we hit the sack too?" Max asked quietly.

"I think we should.  We can all use a really good night's sleep tonight," Brock responded before setting up his sleeping bag.

May and Max then set up and got settled in their sleeping bags before nodding off to dreamland as well.  Brock soon joined them.  After all that's happened today, they were really looking forward to a peaceful night.  Unfortunately, things weren't peaceful for everyone this night.

An electrical crisis was going on in Mauville City.  It was a strange occurrence.  Things were running smoothly just a few short hours ago.  Suddenly, the electricity of the entire city started going crazy.  Lights were flickering like crazy, threatening to blow up like bombs.  Electrical appliances were literally blowing up, sending unending sparks throughout the city.  Also, it was like some of the electrical appliances had minds of their own.  People were literally trying to stay out of the rampaging appliances' paths.  No one knew why this was happening.  That is no one except for Wattson the gym leader.

"Do you know what can be causing this?" one of the junior trainers of the gym asked.

"I don't know exactly what it is.  But I do know that whatever is causing this is doing something to our New Mauville power plant.  All of our electricity comes from there.  It's a good thing that we have back-up generators that run on battery power.  It's also good that our batteries are at full power," Wattson responded.

"If that's the case, then it must be a pretty powerful electric Pokemon," the junior trainer said.

"Precisely, this leaves us almost completely helpless.  Because we only have electric Pokemon ourselves, we'll have a stalemate at best," Wattson said.

Early the next morning, Ash and his friends had awakened from their slumber.  Ash was back to his perky self again, which was a relief to everyone.

"I see that you're feeling better Ash," Brock said.

"Yeah, that rest was what I really needed," Ash said.

Everyone enjoyed a quick breakfast.  Then every Pokemon, except for Pikachu of course was recalled.  Then Ash and friends continued on their way.  Unbeknownst to anyone, a wily Pokemon was nearby.  After its loss to Charizard, Aerodactyl was in a very foul mood.  It suddenly heard voices and went to investigate.  It was pleased with what it found.

('It appears that I have another chance at my prey') Aerodactyl thought as it saw Ash and the others.

Sensing trouble, all of Ash, May and Brock's Pokemon came out of their Poke Balls.  Pikachu had jumped off of Ash's shoulder at about the same time, cheeks sparking dangerously.  The humans were pretty confused.  They had no idea why wall their Pokemon were out right now.

"What is it Pikachu?" Ash asked.

"Pika (Big trouble)," Pikachu responded lowly, cheeks still sparking.

Even thought Ash, Brock, May and Max couldn't understand what Pikachu said, they knew that something was wrong by its tone of voice.  All of the Pokemon formed a protective circle around Ash.  They felt that whatever was out there would be after him.  The suspense was getting to everyone.  From out of nowhere, a rockslide headed for the circle of Pokemon.

"It's a Rockslide attack," Max said.

"Charizard, use Dragon Rage!  Use Solarbeam on those boulders Sceptile!" Ash said.  "Pikachu, use Thunder!"

Charizard, Sceptile and Pikachu charged up the said attacks and flung them at the rapidly approaching rockslide.  The impact resulted in a huge explosion.  Some pretty big boulders came through the explosion completely in tact.

"Foretress, use Explosion on those boulders!" Brock said.

"Foretress(Gotcha)!" Foretress cried.  It got in the boulders' path before unleashing a devistating explosion.

When the smoke cleared, all that was left of the rockslide was tiny pebbles.  Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.  That was a close call.  But it wouldn't be over yet.  Aerodactyl then dove straight for Ash with a Wing Attack at the ready.  Charizard flew up and used Take Down on Aerodactyl.  Aerodactyl was sent flying into a group of trees.  Unfortunately, the force of Aerodactyl's impact caused the trees to fall.  Ash and friends were directly in the falling trees' path.

"Get out of the way everyone," Brock said as he ran to get out of the trees' path.

Max tripped over a fallen tree branch while trying to escape.  Luckily, Ash was right behind him.  Ash quickly helped Max up, and they continued running out of the way.  But Ash wouldn't be so fortunate the next time.  Ash he ran, the branch of one of the falling trees fell on his left leg, effectively pinning him to the ground.  He screamed in pain because he heard a loud snap, suggesting that his leg was now broken.

Meanwhile, everyone else had made it out of the falling trees' path.  Sceptile and Charizard had helped out a lot through multiple Leaf Blade and Slash attacks.  Then Pikachu's ears pricked up and he looked back.  He would've run right into the falling trees' path if not for Max picking him up.  Pikachu then shocked Max, trying ot make him let go.  Max screamed as the electricity went through him, but he still held onto Pikachu.

"Pikachu, you can't go in there.  It's too dangerous," Max said.

"Pikapi(Ash)!" Pikachu shouted, struggling to get free.

"Are you trying to tell us that Ash is till stuck in there?" Brock asked.

Pikachu only nodded in response.  Sceptile ran back into the horde of fallen and still falling trees.

"Sceptile be careful!" May and Max said.

Sceptile used a combo of Agility and Leaf Blade to quickly make his way through the already fallen and still falling trees.  He soon heard roots snapping and looked up to see one more tree about to fall.  Then he heard a familiar voice painfully moaning.  He followed the direction of the moaning.  Three Leaf Blades later, he finally saw Ash and gasped.  Ash's left leg was completely pinned under a branch.  He quickly made his way over to Ash, getting a better look at the situation.  He got another Leaf Blade ready.  He slowly brought his arm down, knowing that one wrong move would sever Ash's leg along with the branch.  The branch soon fell away from Ash's leg.

"I...can't move...Sceptile.  My leg...is broken," Ash said; pain etched in his voice.

The tree was now almost on top of them.  Sceptile quickly picked Ash up and jumped on the falling tree.  Ash wrapped his arms around Sceptile's neck, and Sceptile slwoly and gently swung Ash to his back.  Then Sceptile moved the the backside of the falling tree.  The tree had soon completely fallen, kicking up a huge cloud of dust.  Everyone outside the danger zone anxiously waited for the dust to clear.

When the dust cleared, a most welcoming sight greeted them.  Sceptile was on top of one of the fallen trees with Ash on his back.  Sceptile made his way to where everyone else was standing and slowly lay down.  Then Charizard came over and plucked Ash off of Sceptile's back.  Sceptile then stood up again before going to the trees to absorb some of the nutrients.  When he was satisfied, he came back and used the nutrients to heal Ash's leg.

Then Ash sat up.  "That was really good thinking Sceptile.  Thank you," he said.

"Sceptile scept tile(You're more than welcome)," Sceptile said.

"But where's Aerodactyl?" May asked.

"My guess is that it's under all those trees.  We better get going.  It will be a while before Aerodactyl makes a way out from under all that," Ash responded before standing up.

The others nodded, and they were all on the road again.  They ended up spending another night on Route 110.  By mid afternoon the next day, they had finally made it to the outskirts of Mauville City.  But they were very concerned with what they saw.  They saw a lot of smoke rising into the air.  They quickly made their way inside the city and soon found themselves running away from a shower of sparks, as well as crazed appliances.  While running, Ash and May had recalled Swellow, Sceptile, Beautifly and Torchic.  Brock had also recalled Foretress and Lombre.

"What's going on here?" Ash asked while running.

"No idea," Max responed.  "Ash look out!" he then shouted.

Ash looked up and saw a television falling towards him at a fast rate.  Charizard quickly used Flamethrower.  The television exploded in the air.  Charizard knocked Ash to the ground, using its body to protect him.  After the explosion died down, Charizard got up and helped Ash up.

"Thanks Charizard," Ash said.

(It was nothing) Charizard said.

"Let's head to the gym.  Maybe Wattson knows what's up," Brock said.

The group of friends quickly made their way to the gym.  Upon getting inside, they noticed that things weren't giving off sparks.  They then caught their breath.

"Hello again my friends.  You've come at an awful time I'm afraid," Wattson said.

"Do you know what's going on here?" Ash asked.

"I don't know what's going on exactly.  But I have figured that whatever is going on has something to do with the power plant on Route 110.  Something must be interrupting the power in the plant.  It's the only explanation to why the electricity for every building is going haywire," Wattson responded.

"Why isn't this building affected too?" Max asked.

"The only reason why the gym isn't affected either is because it's running on battery-powered generators," Wattson said.  "But it's only a matter of time before they run out.  They have been running all night so far."

"Why not have your Pokemon re-charge the batteries?" Brock suggested.

"That's a really good idea.  We have lots of Hyper Potions and some Full Restores at our disposal," the junior trainer said.

"We'll head over to the power plant to see what's wrong," Ash said before turning to Pikachu.  "Pikachu, I want you to stay here and help Wattson with the battery-powered generators," he added.

"Pika(Right)," Pikachu said nodding.

Then the junior trainer have Ash and friends a healthy amout of Hyper Potions and a couple of Full Restores.  Wattson then gave them the key to the plant.  Then Ash and friends were on their way to the power plant.  A few hours later, they came to a lake.  They soon spotted the plant.

"Are you up to some flying Charizard?" Ash asked.

Charizard nodded before picking Ash up and flying towards the power plant.  He landed in front of the plant in ten minutes.  He put Ash down before flying off again.  He came back with both May and Max.  He then flew off again and came back with Brock, who was holding Marshtomp.  Then Ash gave Charizard a Hyper Potion.

"Thanks Charizard," Ash said.

Then everyone headed inside the plant and came to a huge metal door.  Brock inserted the key Wattson gave him, and the door opened.  Then they headed inside.  Upon stepping inside, they found themselves the receivers of a very unwelcome committe.  A Magnemite and a Magneton immediately came up to attack.  Charizard and Marshtomp immediately stepped up to the challenge.  Magneton and Magnemite started the attack with a Thunderbolt.

"Charizard, use Fire Spin!" Ash said.

Charizard complied, and the two Thunderbolt attacks were cancelled out in the Fire Spin died out.

"Use Mud Sport!" Brock shouted.

Marshtomp closed his eyes and concentrated.  Soon, dirt began to seep up through the open spaces in the floor.  When enough had gathered, Marshtomp had flung it all across the room.

"Now use Mud Shot on the Magnemite!" Brock followed up.

"Marshtomp(Eat dirt)," Marshtomp said as he shot a stream of mud at the Magnemite.

Magnemite couldn't get out of the way in time and took a direct hit from the Mud Shot.  "Magnemite(Aaaaahhhh)!" Magnemite screamed as the mud cme in contact with it.  It fell to the ground, a large swirl replacing its eye.

"Magneton ton(I'll make you pay)!" Magneton said before using Zap Cannon at Charizard.

Charizard quickly flew up.  Then he looked to Ash, awaiting Ash's next command.  Ash nodded.

"Use your Flamethrower!" Ash shouted.

Charizard reared his head back and unleashed a mighty stream of fire.  Magneton avoided it though and retaliated with another Thunderbolt.  Charizard couldn't get completely out of the way and was struck.  But he didn't feel the attack too much thanks to Marshtomp's Mud Sport.

"Are you all right Charizard?" Ash asked.

(Yeah) Charizard responded with a nod.

Magneton then unleashed another Thunderbolt attack.

"Use another Mud Shot!" Brock shouted.

"Marshtomp marsh(Eat dirt three eyes)!" Marshtomp shouted, firing off another Mud Shot.

"Brock, get Marshtomp to attack Magneton again.  I have an idea," Ash said.

Brock complied, telling Marshtomp to use Water Gun.  Marshtomp fired his Water Gun.  Magneton avoided the attack again, b ut it was left wide open to Charizard this time.

"Charizard, use Fire Spin!" Ash commanded.

Charizard complied and sent a whirlpool of fire towards Magneton.  Magneton couldn't get out of this attack's path and soon fell victim to the fiery attack.  Magneton screamed as the fiery attack burned its steel skin.  When the Fire Spin died down, Magneton was on the ground, Xs in its eyes.  Charizard gave a roar of victory before landing next to Ash.

"Great job Charizard," Ash said, patting Charizard's arm.

"You did very well too Marshtomp," Brock said.

"Your Torchic can help us out too May," Ash then said.

"Yeah, she can help Charizard and Marshtomp out with some of the Magnemite and Magneton," Max agreed.

"Okay then.  Come on out Torchic!" May said, throwing her Poke Ball.

Torchic came out of her ball.  "Torchic(I'm ready)!" she said.

"Torchic, I want you to help Charizard and Marshtomp in case more Magnemite and Magneton attack us," May said.

"Torchic(Sure thing)," Torchic said.

Then the group of friends continued through the power plant.  For about fifteen minutes, they had to battle off Magnemite and Magneton.  They fought off some Voltorb as well, but Charizard, Marshtomp and Torchic held their own against the electric Pokemon.  But a much bigger problem began presenting itself.  The further they got into the plant, the stronger the electrical currents became.  It seemed that Marshtomp and Ash were the only two that the electricity didn't seem to affect.  Marshtomp wasn't affected because he was part Ground type, and Ash had developed an immunity to electricity from bing zapped by Pikachu so many times.

"Are you guys all right?" Ash asked.

"It's just that the electricity is getting stronger.  You can handle electricity better than we can," Brock responded.

"Maybe Marshtomp and I should continue alone.  I don't want you guys getting hurt," Ash suggested.

"Are you going to be okay?" Max asked.

"Right now, I'm more concerned about how the electricity will affect you.  I'll be sure to thank Pikachu for all the times he shocked me because I really can't feel anything," Ash said.  "We'll be okay.  Don't worry," he added.

"Do whatever Ash tells you Marshtomp," Brock said.

"Marshtomp mar marsh(Don't worry about that)," Marshtomp said.

Then Ash and Marshtomp continued on.  The currents continued getting stronger, but it wasn't a problem for Ash and Marshtomp.  It also signaled that they were getting closer to the source of the trouble.

"We're getting closer Marshtomp.  Get ready for a fight if necessary," Ash said.

Marshtomp nodded as they continued through the plant.  Ten minutes later, they quickly covered their eyes due to a bright flash.  When the flash died down, they gasped in awe.  Before them were Zapdos and Raikou.  But these two legendary Pokemon were fighting each other.  Ash saw that the brawl between the two Pokemon was seriously affecting a large red generator that was in the room.  The generator was sparking dangerously, as if getting ready to blow up like a huge bomb.

"They're the ones causing all the trouble.  We have to stop them before they cause the generator to blow," Ash said.  "Sprinkle the area with Mud Sport."

Marshtomp complied, also catching the fighting Pokemons' attention.  But they weren't too happy about having their battle interrupted and moved to attack the intruders.  Zapdos and Raikou had simultaneously unleashed their Thunder attacks.  Zapdos was so angry right now that it didn't seem to recognize Ash.  Marshtomp got in forn tof Ash and took the very strong blow.  Because of Marshtomp's ground qualities, he was not affected by this strong attack.  Ash was ready to retaliate.

"Marshtomp, use Mud Shot on Raikou!" Ash said.

Marshtomp complied and fired off a streamed of mud.  Raikou attemtped to get ouf of the way with Agility, but it slipped on the mud from the Mud Sport.  The Mud Shot made direct contact.  Raikou roared in pain, but it managed to recover.  Zapdos then came at Ash with a Drill Peck attack.  Ash barely dodged this attack.

"Zapdos what are you doing?  Don't you recognize me?" Ash asked.

Zapdos was still too angry about having its battle interrupted to listen.  It came at Ash with another Drill Peck.  Marshtomp used Mud Shot.  Zapdos couldn't pull up in time and took a direct hit from the Mud Shot.  Zapdos crashed on the ground.  But it quickly stood up before shaking the mud off and taking to the air again.  It then dodged a stray Thunderbolt.  Raikou tried to use a Thunderbolt on Ash, but slipped on the mud on the ground.

Zapdos retaliated on Raikou with a Thunder attack.  Because of the mud, Raikou couldn't avoid the attack and took a direct hit.  Raikou fainted.  It was also hurt pretty badly from taking Zapdos's attacks as well as the Mud Shot.  Slipping and falling on the mud really didn't help it that much either.  Zapdos then turned its attention back to Ash and Marshtomp.  Ash and Marshtomp could see that Zapdos was still angry.  It gave off another Thunder Attack.  Marshtomp took the blow again without any effect.

'Zapdos is still too angry to reason with.  The only reason that Marshtomp is still okay is because he's part Ground,' Ash thought.  He looked up at Zapdos again and saw something that he didn't see before.  He saw electricity crackling from Zapdos.  He immediately got an idea.  "Marshtomp, I'll distract Zapdos.  When it's fully distracted, use Water Gun on it.  We'll make it short its own self out," he whispered in Marshtomp's ear.

"Marsh(Okay)," Marshtomp said.

"Come and get me," Ash said, waving his arms at Zapdos.

Zapdos squawed in anger and charged straight for Ash with a Wing Attack.  Ash quickly avoided the attack.  Zapdos came with another Wing Attack.  Again, Ash avoided the attack.  Marshtomp waited for an opening.  He was very worried that Ash would be hurt before an opening could come.  But that would fortunately not happen because Ash  had just doged a Drill Peck attack, putting Zapdos on a collision course with Marshtomp.  Marshtomp waited until the next to last minute to fire the Water Gun.

Zapdos screeched in pain as it felt the pain of its own electricity.  It then crashed to the ground, injured and severely weakened, but still conscious.  Ash could see that Zapdos no longer had anger in its eyes.  Zapdos had now looked at Ash with recognition.  It smiled at him before finally fainting as well.  Ash gave Marshtomp and Full Restore before turning his attention to the two injured Pokemon.

"Zapdos and Raikou need help fast.  As much as I don't want to doj this, I have to.  Poke Balls go!" Ash said before throwing two empty balls. 

Zapdos and Raikou couldn't struggle because they had fainted and were easily caught.  But Ash didn't intend to keep them.  He only caught them to be able to make it to the Pokemon Center easier.  Then he and Marshtomp made their way back to where they left the others.  They made it back to the others twenty minutes later.  Brock and the others were relieved to see that Ash was okay.  Then they noticed two Poke Balls in Ash's hands.  That confused them.  Ash usually had his balls on his belt until he needed them.

"Why are you carrying those balls Ash?" Max asked.

"Because we need to get these Pokemon help as soon as possible," Ash responded quickly before quickly heading for the entrance to the power plant.

"Wait for us," May said before recalling Torchic.  Then she and the others ran and soon caught up with Ash.

They made it to the entrance twenty minutes later.  Ash gave Charizard a Full Restore before getting on its back.  Charizard took Ash back to Route 110 before going to get the others.  An hour later, everyone was back on Route 110.  Ash then returned Charizard before everyone headed back for Mauville.  Upon reaching the city, they saw that things have quieted down considerably.  They immediately headed to the Pokemon Center.  Ash then gave Nurse Joy the three Poke Balls.  He received Charizard's ball in only ten minutes.  While waiting for the other two Poke Balls, Ash told his friends everything that happened.

"Wow!  So you say that Zapdos and Raikou were the cause of the trouble?" Max said.

"Yes.  I think that both wanted to make the power plant their dwelling place.  But they apparently thought that the plant wasn't big enough for both of them, so they fought each other to see who would be the one to stay," Ash said.  He and his friends ended up spending the night at the Pokemon Center.

The next morning, Ash received the other two Poke Balls, and he and the others headed for the gym.  Upon reaching the gym, Pikachu ran to and jumped into Ash's arms.  Ash smiled and hugged his little yellow friend.

"I missed you too buddy," Ash said.

"Things are finally back to normal thanks to you and your friends Ash," Wattson said.

"It was no problem Wattson," Ash said.  Then he told them what caused the trouble in the first place.

"I would've never imagined that the Legendaries Zapdos and Raikou were the cause of all this mess," Wattson said.

"Neither would I," Ash said.  "My history of you shocking me was a big help Pikachu," he added before telling Wattson and the junior trainer how Pikachu had indirectly helped him.

"So, where are you headed now?" the junior trainer asked.

"We will continue our journey to Foretree City," Brock responded.

"I can help you across the lake to Route 118.  It's just about a straight shot to Foretree City once you cross the lake," Wattson said.

"That would be great.  Thank you," Ash said.  "But first, I have some unfinished business to take care of."  He then went outside the city before releasing Zapdos and Raikou.  "You're free to go if you want.  I only caught you so that I could get you to the Pokemon Center so you could be healed."

Raikou jumped on Ash.  It licked his face a few times before getting off of him and quickly running into the distance.  Zapdos on the other hand just looked at Ash.  It didn't move an inch.

"Do you want to come with me?" Ash asked.

Zapdos nodded in response before giving Ash a friendly Thundershock, friendly because it was a low-watt Thundershock.  Ash barely felt it.  Ash only laughed and returned Zapdos before heading back to his friends.

"So what happened?" Max asked upon seeing Ash.

"I went to release Raikou and Zapdos.  Raikou thanked me before running off.  Zapdos however, wanted to be my Pokemon so I returned it," Ash responded.

"It seems as though we have another powerful Pokemon on our team," Brock said.

"We sure do," Ash said, looking at the Poke Ball in his hand.  He then clipped it to his belt.  Then he and the others went with Wattson.

Wattson led them to his home.   With Charizard and Sceptile's help, he was able to get his speedboat out.  They helped Wattson get it to the lake before Ash recalled them.  Then he with Pikachu on his shoulder, May, Max and Brock got into the boat.  Wattson revved up the motor, and the group of friends enjoyed a smooth ride  across the lake.  Half an hour later, they reached the shoreline of Route 118.  Ash and friends got off.

"Good luck on your journey Ash," Wattson said before heading back to Mauville.

Ash and friends waved until Wattson was out of sight.  Then they continued on their journey to Foretree City.  It was an interesting turn of events.  Ash had not only returned things to normal for Mauville City, but he also had gained one of the most Legendary Pokemon as a new ally.


Well, here's the end of another chapter.  I'm very sorry about not getting this up sooner.  The truth is that I had this chapter ready to post for at least two weeks.  The only reason I delayed the update is because I was hoping to be able to update one of my Yugioh stories.  I couldn't seem to get any good ideas going to finish some of the chapters that I'd already started on so I decided to just go ahead and update this story.  I hoped you liked the surprise near the end of this chapter though.  And as far as Wattson having a speedboat, I did that because I decided to save Ash and friends the trouble of crossing the lake.  Moving right along, preview for Chapter 5: Sky Battle:  Ash and his friends have finally made it to Foretree City.  But before Ash can head for the gym to ask Winona for a gym battle, something goes terribly wrong.  What goes wrong?  I think you'll have a good idea already but stay tuned to find out and maybe even confirm what you're thinking.