Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Without Control ❯ Truth Worse Than Lies (Pikachu) ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Truth Worse Than Lies

I don't understand. So much has changed in such a short time.

It wasn't too long ago that everything was normal. Tracey had rejoined us, making a group of four, and we were travelling once again. Ash was trying to make it into his fourth league - the little-known Zenith League, only accessible to the greatest trainers. Everything was wonderful. Until one morning, when everything went wrong.

I'm not sure what had happened, but Misty was dead. Nobody knew how it happened. Togepi and Ash were the worst affected.

I didn't think it could get any worse. But it did. So much worse.

Ash - my beloved Ash - killed himself. He missed Misty so much that he killed himself. I'd never realised it affected him so badly. I knew he'd liked Misty, but not to that point.

After that, I began to understand how Ash had felt. It seemed like I was empty, that I was surrounded by darkness and couldn't get out.

Two of our group were gone forever. I'd never see Ash again, or Misty.

And then even the remnants of our group were shattered.

Brock thought that Tracey had killed Ash and Misty. Tracey said it wasn't him - and it wasn't, I knew it wasn't. I'd seen Ash stab himself with the knife. Tracey wasn't even there when he did it. But I had no way of telling him that. I couldn't even speak his language. Okay, sure, sometimes I could play charades and get my point across, but I don't think I could manage that. Not that Brock would listen, the state of mind he was in.

One day I found Togepi crying.

"It's all my fault!" she wailed.

"Shhhhh, don't cry." I said. "It's okay."

"No is isn't. It's all my fault!" she insisted.

"What is?" I asked. "What's your fault?"

"Everything. Ash and Misty are dead, and Brock hates Tracey…" she sobbed, "and it's all my fault!

"Of course it's not." I told her. "You didn't do anything…"

"I did!" she exclaimed. She looked up at me, her eyes full of tears…

"I did it. I killed Misty."