Pokemon Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Starter Fics ❯ Justice LEague of Nerima ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Ranma 1/2 or the DC comics characters that are

in this fic. They belong to their owners. I am just using them for a

non-profit

fiction. Please don't sue me. Thanks.

Credit also goes to D.B. Sommer for the "Avenging" story that first

brought

a superteam and Ranma together.

Justice League of Nerima

Prologue

::Telepathy::

Years before present....

Genma looked at the child that was in the rocketship that had landed in the wilderness, where he was training in his family's martial arts style. It was surprising, to say the least, as he looked at the small child. It was the answer to his prayers ... the son that he had always wanted. He had dreaded telling Nodoka the news that he had learned. Who knew that he was sterile? He walked to the child.

"Here boy, let me help you." Genma said as he approached the boy. The boy had started to wander off, towards the rocks Genma was using for training.

The child just babbled as he pushed up against a huge rock that Genma had been lifting to increase his strength. 'What does that boy think he's doing? He can't possibly move that...' Genma started to think, until the child moved the boulder easily.

'What kind of child is this?' Genma said, as he watched the child play with the boulder. Then Genma thought about the boy going against the master. A grin stole over Genma's face.

Genma stole the ship away and took his new son, Ranma home to meet his mother.

Five years later...

Genma was glad that he had convinced Nodoka to take Ranma on a training trip. But it had been hard, given her attachment to the boy. But there was only one way. He looked to his wife, who was following him with the boy. The thought of being childless had made Nodoka take her role as a mother more seriously than before. She wanted to be with her son and not miss out on the little time that she had with the boy. Or that was what she had told Genma. Nodoka had made sure that Genma knew her thoughts... and presented it in a way that he couldn't say no to.

The boy, Ranma, was progressing well. He seemed to be faster than a normal man as well as stronger. He also seemed heartier than average, as well. He hadn't been sick a day, and healed the minor injuries from training quickly. It seemed that the boy would become a martial arts master before his teens, and Genma was willing to train the boy as hard as necessary to ensure he did.

He had even started training the boy in the Neko-ken. He had bound the boy in fish sauage … tied him up nice and tight and placed him into a pit full of hungry cats before sealing it. He placed a rock over the top of this. He didn't have to wait long for results. Ranma burst out of the pit, shattering the rock that held him. Strangely, Ranma didn't have a scratch on him.

Genma tried again and again to teach the boy the martial arts technique. He even tried using the tigers in the zoo. Wrapping Ranma in chains and steaks, he threw his boy to the lions, er, tigers. It still didn't work.

And after Ranma had told Nodoka of his training, she put a stop to it. Genma got her 'point'. Nodoka began to take a part of the training of the boy. Nodoka made Genma know why she was doing this. Mostly involving things with his background and a collection of unwanted animals. But Genma didn't get it. He was trustworthy, wasn't he?

Still, Ranma came out of this with a wary attitude, when it came to dealing with cats of any type. Genma hoped that the boy would grow out of this weakness. He just didn't talk about it in front of Nodoka any more.

A few months later...

Nodoka was discussing the Kuonji engagement. Genma had engaged Ranma to Ukyo during an all-night drinking session with the girl's father. I had all come from the comment that they had gotten along well with each other. Genma had recieved Ukyo's dowry to hold in trust, while agreeing to take Ukyou along on their training journey.

Waking the next morning, Genma had discovered the yattai outside their rooming house. Having little memory of the night before other than a nagging suspicion that he had done something wrong, he had decided to exercise the tried and true tactics his master had shown. It was time to leave town.

Packing up the family, he had gotten away from the scene of the crime scott free. Unfortunately, Ranma had still wanted to play with Ukyo and had shown up the next day with her in tow. Returning her to her family, Nodoka had discovered what had happened. She had been less than pleased to learn of the engagement, and even less pleased when Genma had mentioned the Tendo betrothal in an attempt to get out of the Kuonji arrangement.

"I still don't think it was a good idea to promise that Ranma might still be able to marry that girl. He has to marry a Tendo. I promised my friend, Soun." Genma added.

"Ranma will not be marrying anyone he doesn't love. He will choose between Ukyo, the Tendos or anyone else that he wants to marry, once we get settled again and he is of a sound age. End of discussion. I just hope that you will not try anything that stupid again." His wife told him, still cross. Genma didn't like the look of things. But he would have to live with it until her discovered a way to counter his wife's plan.

Years later...

"Ranma, Ranma, Ranma , Ranma. I can't believe that you got into so much trouble." Nodoka told her son. She looked at his shredded clothing. He was unhurt, as usual.

"I just had to save that guy from being run over by a train. He could have been hurt. Besides the train missed me by a mile. I'm okay." Ranma said proudly. "I just know that I want to use my powers to help people. I don't want to take advantage of people like my father."

"Yes, but they might try to take you away from us if they knew that you were so

special. You need to be careful...or better yet disguised. Perhaps a costume might be in order. Something to mask who you are." Nodoka said as she came up with something to help her son with his dream.

Weeks Later...

Ranma stood in his costume as he looked to the stopped train. It had been a runaway before he stopped it. But what worried him more was the silly costume that his mother had made for him.

Red and white costume that cloaked him in the colors of his nation. Or that was what she had said. His uniform was a pure red with a white stylized 'S' on his chest in a shield. That had been based on the image of his blanket from the crashed spaceship. His belt was white. So were his boots and the mini shorts that he wore outside of his costume. He also wore a red domino mask. Why did she have to make him wear tights...or the red cape!?

Then the reporters came up. "Sir!" "You, sir." "You guy." They crowded around him. One of them came closer. "Aki Ozu, Tokyo National. Just who are you and what do you want?"

"Just call me a friend. I fight for truth, justice and the Japanese way. I'm here to help people out. I want to protect people from danger. I hope that helps you. Good-bye." Ranma then sped away.

The next day papers with the heading, "New Superman on Scene!", were being printed. And people noticed.

A year or two later...

Ranma, or Superman as he was becoming known as, was fighting some criminals belonging to the beginning of the criminal organization Intergang. It was trying to take over the underworld from the Japanese Mafia ... and succeeding. They had taken most of the city by being more ruthless than anyone else.

Currently he was subduing a collection of them, as a girl in a leather jacket and fishnet stockings was chased into the room by other Intergang members. She was wearing a unitard with a rather odd belt, and had her brown hair bound up in a ponytail. Distancing herself from her pursuers by leaping atop a stack of crates, she looked over at Ranma as he finished up his group of criminals.

"You must be that Superman character I've been hearing about on the news." She said, as she dropped from the crates in front of the remaining crooks. "Best cover your ears, 'cause this is going to be loud!"

Superman covered his ears. He watched as the girl opened her mouth and screamed. Having super hearing could be a pain at times. The blast was beyond loud as he felt the sonic energy wash over him. All of the crooks doubled over in pain. She stopped as they soon fell unconscious.

She turned to look at him. "I'm Black Canary. Glad to meet..." Then she noticed his eyes glowing. Beams of light flew out and nearly hit her as she rolled to one side and recovered her feet, moving into a ready stance. Then she heard something collapse behind her. She turned to see a fallen Robot.

"I'm Superman. A pleasure to meet a cute girl like you." He said, with a winning smile. She smiled back.

Present...

Ranma couldn't believe all of the trouble that his father had gotten him into. Engaged to one of the Tendo sisters. Worse, they had arrived as his new alternative form. Why he had blonde hair in that form, he didn't know, but it had nearly given Mr. Tendo a heart attack. He managed to postpone the engagement for a year, using the social skills that his mother had secretly taught him.

But now he was in the furo. He had made sure that the Tendo's knew this secret. But he still kept his other secret to himself. Which was hard given the fight that he had with the youngest Tendo sister, Akane. It took more martial arts skill to hold back his full power, than to use it in the fight. But she was good, skilled in the ability of Anything Goes.

But that fighting style seemed familiar. Just like the oldest Tendo sister. Like he had seen her before. But where?

Ranma thought over the Tendo sisters. Each was attractive in her own way. From beautiful to sexy to cute, that was the way he saw them. Still, they were holding something back from him. They were holding a secret. He could tell...it was the same kind of way he acted around people to hide his true self. He just couldn't figure out what was wrong.

He got up and dressed himself in his clothes, hiding his costume using skills he picked up from that Hidden weapons master. In case there was trouble. He left the room to head to his bedroom that he shared with his father.

That's when he got the flash. It hit his mind sharply, causing a minor headache. It showed images of strange creatures, strange machines, and other alien sights inside his mind, followed by a plea for aid.

::Help! They are preparing for an attack. We must act to save this city from their attack. I need your help… the help of you and others who will heed my call. Come at once.:: Then Ranma recieved an image of the place that the aliens would be landing. Then an image of a green man, who Ranma knew was sending the message.

Ranma needed to get out of the house, now! Using his super-speed, he changed into his costume. He left a note saying that he was going out to practice his martial arts and would be back before morning. Then he flew out to the location where the green man was. To the alien landing sight.

Moments Later...

Superman was the first at the scene. Or at least that was what the young man who showed up called himself. Dressed in a yellow, red and blue costume, he flew in. "How can I help?"

"I am called J'onn J'onz, and I am the last of the race of Green Martians. I have called you and others here today to stop them." J'onn pointed at the landing spaceship.

Six giant legs ejected out of the sides of the ship. Something came out of the bottom of the ship, forming into the shape of a ray cannon. After a charge had been built up, it fired a laser beam at a nearby vehicle, the turned and headed towards Tokyo.

It must be stopped! You can count on me." Superman headed up and flew at the spaceship, reaching it in seconds. He focused his heat vision to cut a hole into the side of the spacecraft. He stopped when he noticed that it was healing up as fast as he cut it.

The ray cannon rotated to point at him and began to power up. Superman knew he was nearly indestructible, but he didn't want to test it. He tried to dodge the cannon. But it followed his flight path. It fired. Superman closed his eyes for a moment to greet the impact. He waited...then nothing happened. He looked out to noticed that he was looking through a shield of green light.

"You alright, Sugar?" called out the woman in the skin-tight green and black battlesuit. Her long brunette hair, flowed down to her mid back. Her eyes glowed a fierce green. On the chest of her suit, between her breasts, was a hourglass-like shape. The shield took the blast and held. Strangely enough, the shield was connected to a ring on her right hand by a curving beam of light. "The name is Green Lantern. I'm here to help." She then sucked up the energy of the ring and formed it into a shape that was like a sharpened spatula. The Spatula then sliced at the ship. It also cut into the ship, but again the craft healed itself. As this was happening , it occured to Superman that she certainly looked familiar.

"Blast!" Came the Lantern's reply. She was trying her best to harm the ship. But all it did was get MORE of the ship's cannon pointed at them. Then they heard the voice.

"Hey, ugly! Bet you can't shoot me!" cried a voice from the ground. There in front of the ship was a man in a red suit with yellow wings on the side of his head. He then started to kick and punch the legs of the ship. Only he did it at super speed. As as fast as Ranma...maybe even faster. The ship stumbled a bit, but it managed to keep on it's route of doom!

Then a rope shot out from beyond the other side of the craft. Appearing with it was another woman in a costume. She wore a red and gold halter with a double 'W' on it. She wore blue shorts with white stars on it. Her purple hair was held in a tiara and silver bracelets. Red boots completed the outfit. "Wonder Woman will stop bad aliens!!" Her rope wrapped around the ship's legs and was bring all of the legs of the ship together. It began to fall.

It crashed, with a great booming of the earth. The four heroes gathered to the ship, only to notice that it was trying to get up again. Two new legs were forming from the sides of the ship.

A car came roaring up to the point where the heroes had gathered to make their next attack. The roof slide and a figure in a black suit, with a cowl shaped like bat ears, hopped out of the vehicle. It's cape flowed out behind it like a pair of wings. The figure looked and sounded male, but Ranma could tell from the style of the Bat's walk that something was wrong. Something was different.

"I've been watching you fight this thing. Stop playing with it and coordinate! You all need to hit it together, at the same time, and don't let up. If you keep giving it time to heal between attacks, we'll be here all day!" The cowled figure glared at them each in turn. "Attack again! Together this time and I'll do what I can to distrub its programming. Watch out! I'm firing an Electromagnetic Pulse!" She moved back to the car, where she pulled out a small devide with a parabolic dish on one side. She pulled out a small device with a parabolic dish

one one side. She pointed it at the craft and away from the others, She pulled the trigger causing it to hum and vibrate.

The ship trembled and jerked. Seeing a chance to put it out of commission once and for all, Superman and Wonder Woman dashed forward, each striking with a massive uppercut. As the shipp tumbled end over end through the air, Green LAntern batted towards the ground with her energy spatula. The red-clad figure ran in a tight circle around the area the ship was crashing to. It created a powerful localized twister, cushioning the craft's landing, but at the same time spun it violently before it came to a rest.

"I think that we've found the aliens!" Superman called out of the hull of the wrecked ship, after he and the red man had entered. They returned a moment later holding an assortment of strange three-legged, three-armed, one-eyed aliens.

J'onn murmured to the weird beings in an alien language. "They are the Advance force for an invasion armada. They were sent here to test our defenses. From what I can tell, they have decided to avoid conquest of the planet. They now just wish to return home." J'onn told as he looked at the gathered heroes. "So what is our next move?"

"I say let them go. As long as they promise not to invade again." Superman said as he looked around.

"That might not be a good idea. They might try again." The bat-figure said, looking at them. "J'onn, tell them that if they try it again, we might have to be more harsh with them." The Bat loomed over them with an agressive posturing. The aliens shook a little in fear as J'onn translated.

"But what's to stop their people from declaring war if they don't return. We need show them how to treat people." Superman said.

"Yeah, Sugar. We have think of the consequences of our actions with them. We want to show them we have peaceful intention." Green Lantern said, adding "I have friends in outer space who can keep an eye on them."

"It would be the right thing to do." The red man added.

"Wonder Woman say set free, but keep eye on them. Just in case." cried the purple haired heroine.

"Looks like I'm out voted then. Just make sure they know that they will be in trouble if they return." The bat said.

"I will tell then to leave." J'onn looked at the aliens and concentrated. They murmured, then headed for their ship when they were released. It took a moment for it to float up and out of the atmosphere.

Superman turned to look at the collection of heroes. "Well, I think that we made a good team. My name is Superman. And who are you?"

"I'm the Flash. For obvious reasons." called out the man in the red suit. "I'm the fastest man alive! And one of the greatest martial artist in the world."

"Well, I'm no slouch in the martial arts either. I'm Green Lantern, part of the Green Lantern Corps. An intergalactic police force. I've just been assigned to this sector of the universe." She said as he eyes stopped glowing and returned to a brown shade.

"Am Princess Shampoo of the Amazons. Also known as Wonder Woman. Was on mission when called. Came here to help. Am greatest warrior of Amazon nation. Am champion." Wonder Woman said as she looked at her gathered peers. Superman looked a little nervious at the Amazon for some reason.

"And I am Batman!" The bat figure said. Superman just gave Bat'man' a knowing glance. Ranma was now sure that he was a she! Heck, if he wanted to know who she was, he could always use his X-ray vision to see under the cowl. "I guess that we go our seperate ways." Batman continued.

"How about we stay a team. In case, trouble strikes again. We can be the Superfriend!!" Superman said.

"I think that Justice League has a better ring to it." Batman added.

"But how can we do it?" Flash asked.

"I have an idea." Batman added.

A Few Days Later....

Looking from the hidden lair inside Mount Fuji, the Justice League watched for trouble that would hit the city of Tokyo...and the world.