Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100_Situations: Theme Set #1 ❯ Theme #63: Whisper ( Chapter 63 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Championshipping~! *Squees* I only wish I could draw lots of pretty fanart to support it!
Title: Death Note (Part X)
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #63, Whisper

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: AU, Shoujo-ai
 
“So you're going to Sekiei University?” Red asked, taking a sip of her strawberry smoothie. Mikuri and Daigo hovered behind their respective Death Note holders, quietly.
Wataru frowned as she took a sip of her green tea. “I am not quite certain if I will pass the entrance exam.”
Red grinned. “But Wataru-san, you're so smart! I'm sure you'll get in!”
“I'm touched by your confidence in me, Red-san.”
“You really don't need to be so formal, Wataru-san! You can just call me Red! After all, aren't we dating right now?”
“Well yes, but…”
“It's okay.” Red grinned. “I don't mind calling you Wataru-san. After all, you're older than I am.” She winked.
“Only by a year.”
“So? That means you can help me with all my classes, right?”
Wataru chuckled. “I suppose…”
“Yay!” Red hugged her again, and Wataru flushed slightly at the obvious affection. Mikuri shook his head, and Daigo just looked very amused.
 
Two weeks later, Wataru took the entrance exam for Sekiei, and three months later, she entered as a freshman.
That was also the first day Seiyou made her move.
 
Wataru was sitting a few rows from the front, listening to the freshman representative drone on and on. These entrance ceremonies were so boring… Daigo floated behind her, almost sleeping in mid-flight, as she studied the speaker.
Long, curly chestnut hair, a dark green vest and matching skirt, a puffy white shirt with sleeves, and sensible black flats…
She looked like nothing more than a prissy schoolgirl, the kind who always got perfect scores and everyone loved or hated.
Not that she had expected anything else though… She continued to doodle in her program, and finally, the speech ended as Seiyou Higashi? It was not quite a coincidence - walked off the stage.
To her surprise, this… Seiyou sat down next to her with a smile.
“Hello.”
Wataru blinked, wondering if this was another fangirl. She hoped not. Seiyou Higashi. For this girl to have the same name as a famous singer was a bit suspicious, but maybe it wasn't her real name.
“You're Meiji Wataru-san, ne? I'm pleased to meet you.”
“The pleasure is mine, Higashi-san.”
“You love justice, and you have helped your father and the police solve crimes in the past.” Seiyou continued.
Wataru narrowed her eyes. “Yes?”
“I have something of utmost importance to tell you regarding the Kira case.” Seiyou leaned forwards. “Would you like to hear it?”
Wataru blinked. “Why are you asking me this? The Kira case is nothing to me.”
Seiyou frowned.
 
She knew there was only a five percent chance that Wataru was Kira, but it was quite suspicious. Out of all the people they had watched, she had been the most perfect…
Sakaki-san, Wataru's father, had argued that his child could not possibly be Kira - and it was true. Criminals had died when she had gotten no news, but…
Even though they were criminals, they had been slightly different in coverage. She was sure that some had only been shown in women's magazines, and she was quite sure that it was not just coincidence.
Did that mean there was more than one person with Kira's powers? It was the only conclusion she could draw.
 
For the past three months, Kira's judgment had continued as usual - petty criminals were mostly untouched, but rapists, no matter how relatively light their crime, had all died. So had other startling characters - people who abused animals, of all things, and gang members…
It made no sense. Kira was not random, at least not from what Seiyou remembered… so what was going on?
If there was more than one Kira, that only made the situation more troublesome. But how was she to find either Kira? They were hiding very well, that was for sure.
Yes, Meiji Wataru was her best bet, so she was hedging her bets here. She smiled sweetly and whispered.
“I'm S.”
 
If she was Kira, there was nothing that would shock her more. Seiyou glanced over at Wataru, watching carefully for any signs of distress.
Daigo chortled from behind her as Wataru's eyes raked over Seiyou's figure for a moment. “You're lying. You can't be more than a C at most.”
It took Seiyou a minute to figure out what Wataru was saying, before instinct took over and she slapped her. With a huff, she stood up and stalked off.
Wataru hid a smirk as Daigo continued to laugh. That was brilliant, Wataru. You sounded just like an insensitive guy.
“Yes, well, I'm sure that's not what she was expecting.” Wataru replied primly. “Besides, if Red-san sees me with her, she might get a tad jealous.”
Hmm… but if that happens, won't Red kill her with the Death Note? She has the Shinigami eyes, after all, so she could see her real name…
Wataru nodded slowly. Yes…. that might work…
Well, it all depended, really. She supposed she'd just have to wait and see. There was no point in killing her right off. That would just be a direct message saying that she was Kira. She should wait a while and see…
And of course, she had to discuss this with Red too…
 
End Fic
Started 1/8/07
Completed 1/12/07
Someday, championshipping *will* rule the Internet. Someday… *sighs*
And FYI, since Giselle is not Japanese, her giving the name of `Seiyou Higashi' to Wataru is fine since it's a translated name and not her exact name, so even if Wataru wrote her name in the Death Note she wouldn't die…