Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 40_Economic Concepts ❯ Theme #21: Consumption ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Consumption
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #21, Consumption

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: AU, het
 
“Does this make me look fat?” Red asked, anxiously looking at her reflection in the mirror.
Lance choked. “I never thought I would hear you ask me that.” He said honestly. “And no, it doesn't. You're not even chubby.”
Red frowned, eying herself. Normally, she abhorred the idea of wearing anything other than a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, but there was a League meeting tonight and she had to look nice. But she didn't want to wear anything too flattering, because President Goodman was an old pervert and was probably ogling her even when she dressed like a boy. This was a compromise of sorts - a long-sleeved black silk shirt and a skirt made out of red corduroy fabric with pockets. Red liked pockets. She could keep a few poke balls hidden there just in case someone tried something.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.” Lance said, giving her a second glance. “You can even wear one of your red-and-white vests over it.”
“Oh, good.” She grinned. To the anxious-looking saleslady hovering at the entrance of the dressing rooms to make sure no one ran off with their clothing, Red gave a thumbs-up. The woman nodded as Lance handed her his pokédex.
She returned a few minutes later, and the two left the store, Red once more wearing jeans, because, as she put it, she wanted to ride a flying pokémon without every male in a fifty-yard radius trying to look up her skirt.
Lance just chuckled at that, and kissed her on the cheek. He was so sweet.
That night, the meeting went off without a hitch, though Goodman was rushed to the emergency room where it was discovered he had somehow become castrated! Ah, the humanity…
But no one cared about him, really, so it was fine.
 
End Fic
Completed 1/1/07
Consumption is the spending of households on goods and services, with the exception of new housing. (Brief Principles of Macroeconomics, 4th Edition by N. Gregory Mankiw)