Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Ashura: The Complete Series ❯ Nova Field - Explosions Galore ( Chapter 76 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 74! *Cheers*

Disclaimer: No, Shadow does not own pokemon. *Sighs* But I do own Destiny, Charlotte, Pika-chan, Vulpix-chan, Angel, Skymew, Eterneon, Light Ray, etc…

Notes: <> indicates telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, italics indicates pokemon talking. I think that's it… oh, and the shadowy figure is Lance…

Note: Ash is still staying in CP dimension because he's not quite sure how to create Loop yet…

Episode 76: Nova field! Explosions galore!

"One more match and I'll be able to become League Champion!" Ash said happily, as he sipped from his chocolate malt.

"You're doing very well." Charlotte commented.

Ash grinned bashfully. "Thanks."

"I'll be cheering for you again."

"Well, I'm glad you were there, because we got to beat Bob." Ash said. "But I'm so tired…"

"I know. You'd better rest before you attempt to create Loop. It's harder to create a card than to change a pokemon card."

"I know…"

"Maybe you could change Alakazam?"

"Good idea." Pika-chan approved. "Wow, these French fries are delicious!"

"But Alakazam itself isn't strong enough." Ash protested.

"Then you'll have to change Alakazam and another psychic-type."

"Hypno?"

"That's the next best." Pika-chan said. "Well, we'd better go prepare for your match tomorrow."

Ash nodded.

Teresa had little starry eyes. * And I got it all on tape! *

The next day…

Ash was fidgeting. He was dressed in a black shirt with hundreds of little white stars on it, and black pants with the same design. He also had black slippers, but was unfortunately gloveless.

"Let's make this quick." His opponent, a girl named Crysta, snapped.

Ash frowned. * She doesn't have to be so rude. *

"Fine."

"READY, GO!"

"Sparkle, go!" A fat Raichu materialized in the floating space simulation and peered around curiously.

Pika-chan looked ready to barf. * Oh LUGIA! How is this possible? A raichu that obese shouldn't exist! *

"Sunny, I choose you!"

"Electric to electric? Sparkle, use Mega Kick!"

"Sunny, dodge and then hit it with Pin Missle!" The needles pinned Raichu to one of the huge floating stars in the area.

"Darn it, Sparkle! Use Mega Punch!"

Ash rolled his eyes. * Okay… * < Sunny, use Double Kick! >

Sunny smirked and pounded the Raichu with the fighting type attack, leaving it a battered, bloody, heap.

Ash smirked. "So, is this fast enough for you?"

Crysta growled. "Return!"

"Marowak, go!"

< Sunny, you're at a disadvantage. Can you do this? >

< Of course! > Sunny said, smirking. < Let's see if she can stand up to my Hydro Thunder Attack! > The water drenched Marowak thoroughly, before it was zapped with ten thousand volts of electricity.

Sunny smirked.

The Marowak teetered and fell over.

"Oh no! Marowak, please, get up! Use Bonemerang!" The bone headed for Sunny, who jumped out of the way.

< Heh, still standing. How about Thunder Freeze then? > Electricity mixed with ice headed for Marowak. In a few seconds, it was a very lovely ice statue.

Sunny posed.

"Great job, Sunny!" Ash said happily. *Smirk*

"Darn it! Fine, here's my trump card! Mew, go!"

"I knew it." Ash said. * I remember a lot of things… *

"Sunny, come back!" Ash said. * Mew is her best pokemon. I can't use Pika-chan, but maybe… *

From underneath Ash's costume, his key glowed faintly. * Yes… that will work very well… * Slowly, strands of white energy wove themselves into a new card.

Charlotte and Pika-chan felt the magic and frowned at each other.

< Ash! What are you doing?! >

< You'll drain yourself! >

< I'll be fine. > Ash murmured. His eyes were glazed over, as he poured more energy into his new creation.

"Well?" Crysta tapped her foot impatiently. "What are you waiting for?"
"Impatient, aren't you…" Ash said. Finally, the card formed in his hands. "Spiritwolfe, I choose you!" A black-purple wolf with three blood-red stripes on each leg, a flowing white mane with gold flecks, silver stripes on its back, red eyes, and a gold mask around its eyes appeared. It was a dual electric/dark type.

"Mew, use Psychic!" The attack passed right through Spiritwolfe, who smirked slightly.

"Spiritwolfe, Shadow Ball!" Spiritwolfe nodded and the attack blasted straight into Mew, causing it to shriek and cower.

"Mew, Bubble Shield!"

"Spiritwolfe, use Faint Attack!" Spiritwolfe disappeared and reappeared inside Mew's shield, managing to get in a Faint Attack before it was ejected.

"Damn it!" Crysta said angrily. * I can't lose to a kid like him! * "Mew, Transform!"

"Oh no you don't! Frameshift!" In an instant, time stopped and Mew found herself sealed in a looped whirl of time.

"Now, use Bite." Ash hissed viciously. Spiritwolfe nodded and sank its canines deep into Mew's tail. Mew shrieked and toppled down.

"And finally, use Crunch."

A horrified silence filled the air and Mew crumpled over, bleeding.

"Mew is unable to battle!" The announcer called.

"ASH WINS!"

Confetti drifted down from the stands. Ash beamed radiantly at the crowd. That night, he accepted his trophy and prize money.

"You must be tired." Charlotte said, slipping him a Max Potion.

Ash nodded and gulped it down. "When do I fight the Champion?"

"Whenever you want." Charlotte said.

"Really? Wow!"

"But you'd better wait." Pika-chan reprimanded. "I can't believe you went and created a pokemon card when you knew that you were low on energy!" She sounded exceedingly exasperated.

Ash looked sheepish.

"Why did you fight so hard against Crysta?" Vulpix-chan asked. < That was kind of vicious, even for you. >s

Ash's eyes narrowed. "She was once my friend. However, she betrayed my trust and tried to brainwash me."

"Ah." Vulpix-chan said.

"She claimed to be his sister." Charlotte said, taking a sip of her juice.

"Of course, that was impossible, I am Destiny, but she refused to back down from her ridiculous claim." Ash said. "I was forced to… dispose of her."

"Oh."

"So, what's the champion like?" Teresa asked, finally managing to get a word in.

"Well…" Charlotte said, twisting a strand of hair around her finger. "I'm not sure how to describe her…"
Ash yawned. "Well, who is it?" He asked as he drank down some nutritious soup that the fruit basket had provided.

"She." Vulpix-chan corrected.

"Fine. Who is she?"

"Take a guess! You know her very well." Vulpix-chan crooned. Charlotte shot her guardian a dirty look, but Vulpix-chan didn't' notice.

"Um…"

After five minutes, Ash still had little question marks over his head.

Finally, Charlotte decided to rescue the poor befuddled boy.

"Me."

Ash dropped his cup. "You?!"

"What do you expect? I'm the card master in this dimension, so I won really easily."

"B-but!" Ash spluttered. "I can't beat you!"

"Sure you can. Have confidence in yourself! Plus electric is more powerful than fire!"

Ash considered. "But I don't want to fight you. We're friends! Besides, I'm already number 1 in the League, since you don't appear. For all intents and purposes I am the champion already."
"Quite right." Charlotte said. "Well, I'm glad you see it that way. I was afraid that you wouldn't understand."

Teresa looked disappointed.

"I suppose you'll be going home soon, then."

Ash nodded. "As soon as I recuperate, I'm going home."

End Episode 76!

Comments and constructive criticism are always good. Hmm… flames will be used to forge the Obliterate card, whom will obliterate Nelvana!