Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Ashura: The Complete Series ❯ Taking a break from training ( Chapter 81 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 79! I put up two chapters!

Disclaimer: Do YOU own pokemon? If not, then leave me alone! *Pulls out Triple Devastation Wand angrily* Oh yeah, Destiny, Skymew, Charlotte, etc. are mine…

Notes: <> Indicates telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, italics indicates pokemon speech. What else do you need to know? Lance = Crystal. Got it?

Timeline: 3 days later…

Episode 81: Taking a break from training

"Don't you want to go swimming, Ash?"

Ash looked at Crystal. They had won three tickets to the Saint Anne, so now they were aboard the luxury liner, bound for Cinnabar Island.

"Nope." Ash said, pulling his red-and-white jacket tighter around himself.

"But Ash…" Lance turned on the puppy dog eyes again. Sighing, Ash got up and stretched, leaving his magic book on the floor. He picked it up and carefully put it in his backpack.

"However, it is boring to just sit here and read. I'm going down to see if anyone wants to battle."

"Can I come?"

"Yes, you may." Ash said. * Where did Teresa go? Oh well, it's not like she'd care anyways… *

"Darkness blade, summon!" Teresa said as she formed a short sword of dark energy in her cabin. "Scarlet, I feel tired…"

Scarlet nodded. "It's a lot harder to draw on dark energy in this dimension."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure. There seem to be a few other dark magic users. That leaves less energy for everyone to tap."

"Oh, I see." Teresa said as she sighed. * Ugh, my head hurts. *

"Why don't you lie down until dinner is served?"

"Sounds good to me…"

"Raticate, use Bite!"

"Starmie, harden!" Ash and Crystal stopped to watch a pokemon battle. The weird man in the top hat with the Raticate was winning.

"Oh no! Starmie!" The youngster cried. "It's not fair!"

"All's fair in pokemon battles." Said the man arrogantly. "Any more challengers?"

Lance smiled as a plan formulated in her head. "I'll battle you!"

"Are you sure, Crystal?"

Lance nodded. "Charmander and I can do it."

"Well, let's begin!" Said the man. "I'll be using my Raticate, of course."

"Charmander, I choose you!"

Ash moved back to get a better view of the battle. "I hope she knows what she's doing…"

Pika-chan fluttered in. "Battling?"

"No, just watching Crystal."

"Oh. I'm hungry, Ash!"

Ash tossed Pika-chan some chocolate chip cookies. "Happy now?"

"Mmm!"

"Where is Teresa, Pika-chan?"

"She's in her cabin. Said she felt kind of seasick."

"Oh. Too bad."

"Charmander, use Scratch!" Lance said. Charmander ran at the Raticate and scratched it across the face.

"Raticate, use Bite!" Raticate's fangs gleamed in the light and it drove its fangs into Charmander's soft belly, drawing blood.

Charmander fell over, clutching at its stomach.

"Charmander!" Lance cried, as she ran onto the battlefield. She scooped up Charmander and ran off, crying.

"I win." The man said arrogantly.

"She looks likes she's in trouble." Ash said. * I'd better go after her… * He ran after Crystal, ignoring Pika-chan's comments.

A few minutes later, Ash found Crystal in her room.

"Ash! Charmander's hurt! Can you do something?"

"Let me take a look." Ash said as he tried to take Charmander from Crystal. After a few seconds, Crystal assented and handed it to him. The front of her blue t-shirt had bloodstains on it.

Ash gasped. Charmander's skin had been cut up pretty badly. * A potion's not going to cure this… *

"Crystal, I'm going to have to use magic to help Charmander."

"All right…"

Ash pulled out his key. "Key that hides the power of the stars, reveal your true form before me! Your master under the seal of contract Ashura commands you, Release!" The golden magic circle appeared and he grabbed his staff. Pulling a card out of his pocket, he threw it into the air.

"Card created by Clow, please accept this new star power and take your new form! Your new master Ashura commands you, Release!" The wings on Ash's staff grew bigger and touched the card, and which changed to white.

"Chansey, please help Charmander!" Ash begged. The sight of Charmander's wounds sickened him.

Chansey nodded and used Softboiled to help the poor fire lizard. After several minutes, it quieted down and Charmander was fully healed.

"Thank you, Ash." Lance said, as she hugged her Charmander.

"No problem." Ash said. * Now, I'm going to teach the person who did this a lesson! How dare he? This isn't war! *

Ash marched back to the battle, leaving Lance alone in the room with Charmander.

< Are you okay? >

< Of course. > Charmander said. Lance ran some healing chi over it just in case. < I almost feel sorry for the man… >

< He's scum. Don't waste your pity. > Lance said.

< I know. Many people are. >

< Let's see. Ash already changed Chansey, so I'll wait a little bit. >

"I challenge you!"

"Oh, so her boyfriend comes to challenge me." The man said.

Teresa froze. * Ash has a girlfriend? *

"I'm not her boyfriend!" Ash said. "But how dare you hurt a pokemon like that! Have you no qualms?"

Teresa breathed a sigh of relief.

"Shut up. Do you want to fight or not? I abhor bleeding hearts like you."

"Of course!" Ash said.

"Good! Raticate is my pokemon, of course!"

"Pidgey, I choose you!" Ash said.

The man laughed. "Use the same strategy, Raticate! Bite!"

"Pidgey, use Fly!" Pidgey flew up into the sky, and hovered there, waiting for its next command.

"Tail Whip!"

"Lower its Accuracy with Sand Attack!"

Pidgey kicked some stinging sand into the Raticate's eyes, causing it to roar in pain.

"Use Quick Attack!"

"Pidgey, Fly now!" Pidgey plowed into the Raticate, sending it flying out of the arena. The Raticate growled and got up again, murder in its beady eyes.

"Raticate, Bite!"

Pidgey dodged again. * This is getting boring… *

"Razor Wind!"

This time, the gale force winds sent the Raticate flying into the embrace of darkness.

Ash smiled and recalled his tired Pidgey.

"I can't believe it!" The man said, enraged. "You must have cheated! Go, Pinsir!" A ferocious looking bug type appeared. Ash barely got out of the way and it plowed into another unfortunate trainer.

"Why you!" Ash said angrily. He didn't want to use Storm or Eterneon or Skymew, but if that was the only way…

"Oddish, go! Stun Spore!" Oddish froze Pinsir in place so it couldn't attack anyone else.

Ash glared at the man. "You are no honorable trainer."

The man glared back. "What are you going to do about it?"

A faint red mist surrounded Ash.

"Why, I'm just going to make sure you never hurt anyone again." Ash said. Teresa looked around and saw that nobody else had noticed the mist, so it must be magic.

"Flaming mist." Ash whispered, as the water closed in around the trainer. Instants later, it burst into flame. A shriek was heard, then silence.

End Episode 81! Ooh, now its getting dark… don't worry, I promise the next chapters will be lighter somewhat.