Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Ashura: The Complete Series ❯ Wrecking the battle tower ( Chapter 186 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 185.

 

Timeline: 3 days later

Disclaimer: Pokemon is not mine, I've said so countless times and I dislike repeating myself…

Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics for pokemon talking. Championshipping!

Episode 185: Wrecking the Battle Tower

 

         &nb sp;  "So this is the battle tower." Ash said, smiling. * This should be more challenging. *

         &nb sp;  "Yep." Charlotte said, as they climbed off Storm's back. "You can only use three pokemon, and you must battle seven trainers in a row with them. No items can be used either."

         &nb sp;  "Excellent. More challenging that way." The thunder guardian said with a faint sneer. * I'll work myself harder that way. *

         &nb sp;  Charlotte recognized the hard glint in his eyes and acquiesced her approval. "You can leave after each set of seven though, and switch you pokemon."

         &nb sp;  "All right."

         &nb sp;  After they had signed up, Ash picked his first team. Pidgeot, Wailord, and Flygon. That way, he had a physical attacker, an HP tank, and a special attacker.

         &nb sp; 

         &nb sp;  The first trainer was easy. The Grumpig and Roselia fell to Pidgeot's attacks, but the Electrike proved to be a handful, felling Pidgeot and Wailord, until finally Flygon gave it a taste of its own medicine with her ground attacks. Flygon preened as Ash stroked her head after the match.

         &nb sp;  < I can still fight! > Pidgeot declared.

         &nb sp;  < I as well. > Wailord said in his low voice.

         &nb sp;  < I know. > Ash sent them. < Next match is coming. >

 

         &nb sp;  "Pidgeot, Mirror Move!"

         &nb sp;  Miso gasped as her Dratini was left very vulnerable to a reflected Dragonbreath attack. "Oh no, Dratini!"

         &nb sp;  Pidgeot cawed in victory as the baby dragon toppled over. Even if it was level 50, it was still weak.

         &nb sp;  "Argh… Golem, go!"

         &nb sp;  Ash scanned quickly for possible tapes of the battle, and, satisfied that they were none, had Pidgeot use a Surf attack she had mimicked from one of Miso' earlier pokemon. Mudkip.

         &nb sp;  Golem fell as well.

         &nb sp;  Miso next switched for Mightyena, so Ash let Wailord had a turn. A few rollouts later, and the dark type had slid down the slippery slope into blissful unconsciousness.

 

         &nb sp;  The next trainer, Udon, had a Steelix that finished Pidgeot off with the first blow, and then a Wigglytuff that Thunderpunched Wailord into the dark abyss of the fainted pokemon… or so it seemed.

         &nb sp;  In any case, Wailord was recalled and Flygon took the stage. A Dragonbreath finished off Wigglytuff, after Wailord's faithful attempts earlier, and Camerupt was met with Earthquake. No more Camerupt… Udon exited quickly.

 

         &nb sp;  Through all the battles, Ash's key flashed inaudibly, as card after card joined his collection.

         &nb sp; 

         &nb sp;  Six times seven battles later, Ash gulped down two Max Potions and headed into the bathroom for a quick shower. He reemerged in a white downy vest over a black long-sleeved shirt, and black slacks with white dragons curling up the legs. In his hair went a white headband.

         &nb sp;  "Very kawaii."

         &nb sp;  'I wanted to look cool. And it reminds me why I'm fighting." Ash said, looking down at the dragon designs.

         &nb sp;  Charlotte impulsively gave Ash a quick hug. "I know she appreciates your efforts, Ash."

         &nb sp;  "I know. I just wish… why? Sometimes it seems that the price we pay for our power is much too high, think of all the responsibility that comes with it."

         &nb sp;  "I know, it overwhelmed me, and I ran away." Charlotte admitted freely.

         &nb sp;  "I have to keep battling. I'm this dimension's last hope."

         &nb sp;  The fire guardian nodded, subdued.

 

         &nb sp;  "Metagross, Psychic!"

         &nb sp;  Ash sighed in relief as the Makuhita collapsed. * Phew. *

         &nb sp;  He hugged the steel/psychic type tightly for a few minutes. The referee then let the next trainer in.

 

         &nb sp;  Kyoshi grinned and sent out his Bagon, only to have a Glalie emerge from his opponent's poke ball and demolish it and his Flygon. He grimaced and used his Walrein instead. Well, there went the Glalie, but a fire type he hadn't seen before polished off his poor water/ice type.

         &nb sp;  "Excellent work, Houndoom." Ash said, in a pleased tone of voice.

         &nb sp;  Houndoom wagged his tail. < I know I'm wonderful, master Ash. >

         &nb sp;  Ash laughed telepathically. < You all are, in your own special ways. >

         &nb sp;  < Isn't that the truth! > Another voice chimed in.

         &nb sp;  < Yes, I know, Tyrogue. > Ash laughed softly.

 

         &nb sp;  Next, Niou came in, only to have his grass-types soundly defeated by Metagross. The last trainer, Tadakuni, fared a bit better, managing to faint Metagross with his Sharpedo, as well as Houndoom, before Glalie came out and froze it solid with a Blizzard attack.

         &nb sp;  Ash accepted the Miracle seed from the trainer and yawned slightly.

         &nb sp;  "Getting tired?"

         &nb sp;  "Yep."

         &nb sp;  "Take a break." Charlotte advised. They left the tower and sat on the rocky beach, looking at the waves wash past in foamy paths.

 

         &nb sp;  Soon, Ash walked to the edge and threw in his fishing rod. A few Sharpedo later, Pika-chan was looking quite uppity and self-assured while Luna was sulking because she couldn't battle them.

         &nb sp;  Ash reeled up another Sharpedo and smiled as Pika-chan fried it with Thundershock.

         &nb sp;  "Heh, do I rule or what?"

         &nb sp;  "If you weren't able to defeat it you wouldn't be much of a guardian." Luna said primly.

         &nb sp;  For once, Sabrina was out, wings hidden, sitting on a rock with her feet dangling in the water, soaking up a little water magic.

         &nb sp;  "Are you okay, Sabrina?"

         &nb sp;  "Yes, a while ago, someone cast a spell on me that enabled me to convert small amounts of your star magic into moon magic, so I'm doing fine, just weaker than usual, but still better than being energy deprived."

         &nb sp;  "I'm glad.' Ash said, radiantly smiling.

         &nb sp;  Charlotte hid a look. * It was the least I could do for him… * Her fingers twitched subtly as she cast the seals for another spell.

 

         &nb sp;  Ash blinked, as he felt re-energized. * The stars do shine all the time, but… oh! I forgot. The sun is also a star. So of course I can get more magic energy from it. *

         &nb sp;  After a while, he dusted off his pants. "Let's go get some lunch, Charlotte."

         &nb sp;  "Great plan!" They flew back to the mainland and had a delicious meal of pasta and fruit, before they returned.

         &nb sp;  Only to see that the battle tower had gone up in flames.

 

         &nb sp;  "No way!" Ash said, tossing out an array of water pokemon cards, as well as Storm, Mudkip, and Vaporeon. "Help put out that fire!"

         &nb sp;  The pokemon nodded, and, within fifteen minutes, the blaze had been controlled.

         &nb sp;  Ash panted slightly for breath, but felt the warm energy of the sun wash over him again, refilling his magic supply. * Never mind how this works. I need it. * "You all okay?"

         &nb sp;  < Fine! >

         &nb sp;  < I was on fire, but Seel put me out. >

         &nb sp;  < No problem! >

         &nb sp;  < Aren't we the best? >

         &nb sp;  < You show-off! >

         &nb sp;  < Says who? You're the one - hey, get off my tail! >

         &nb sp;  < You are so immature… >

         &nb sp;  < I know, its hard for us evolved pokemon to deal with midgets. >

         &nb sp;  < I'm not a midget! >

 

         &nb sp;  Ash chuckled as he heard his pokemon conversing. It was quite amusing to hear them picking at each other, all in fun comradeship, of course.

         &nb sp;  < Well, it was great work. >

         &nb sp;  < And don't we know it! > A little voice piped up as Ash grinned and sent reassuring waves of love to all of his pokemon.

         &nb sp;  Ash began making rice balls. He'd have hungry pokemon to feed soon.

 

         &nb sp;  "Oh! My hero!" A girl cried. She had long, silky brown hair and emerald green eyes. She was dressed in the uniform of a battle tower trainer. "Thank you!"

         &nb sp;  And without further ado, she kissed Ash on the lips.

         &nb sp;  Ash shoved her away at the unwanted contact, feeling revolted. * I hate being kissed by strangers! *

         &nb sp;  A second later, she went up in flames. Ash looked to see Charlotte dusting off her jeans.

         &nb sp;  "Did you know that it's a crime for a mortal to kiss a guardian?"

         &nb sp;  "No kidding?" Ash asked. "Where did that come from?"

         &nb sp;  Charlotte winced. "Once, a long time ago, in the past, there was a man…" She trailed off, and Ash caught the hint.

         &nb sp;  "Oh…"
           ;  "Now, we just deal with the problem immediately."

         &nb sp;  Ash nodded and sighed. * With the battle tower gone, I'll have to find a new method of training. Guess it's back to badge collecting… *

 

End Episode 185!

Completed 2/7/2003

Whee! I failed my Calculus final… *cries*

 

         &nb sp; 

         &nb sp; 

         &nb sp; 

 

         &nb sp; 

 

         &nb sp; 

 

         &nb sp;