Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Ashura: The Complete Series ❯ Last CCA Special: Backstage ( Chapter 203 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This was actually inspired by the book `The Great Good thing', and it's sequel, `Into the Labyrinth.'
If pokemon characters lived only in Phantomness' mind and her fanfics, what chaos would occur?
CCA Special!

Disclaimer/Notes: Don't own pokemon.
So <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics for pokemon chatter.
 
Backstage - Behind the Scenes - One day in the Life of a Fanfic Character
 
“Reader! Reader!” A pink Pidgey screamed as it flew across the network `page'. Instantly, the cast of Shadow's fanwork productions got up and began getting ready.
“Which one?” Ash yelled, as he ran for his dressing room.
“Card Captor Ashura! Chapter six!”
“Ah. Looks like I'm not needed.” Lance said, sitting back down with a cup of mint tea and a plate full of blueberry scones.
“Most of us.” Morty corrected, taking out his contact lenses. He had just finished a run through of a fic himself.
“Say, Morty, what color are your eyes?”
“Phantomness likes Lavender or Violet, but they're a kind of yellow-brown in the manga, so…” Morty finished.
“Ah.” Lance nodded, indicating the carrying case she held full of hair dye, contacts, bandages, and other assorted items.
 
Ash ran back in, wearing his red-and-white vest and jeans. “Is this what I'm supposed to wear in that chapter?”
“No!” Charlotte said, running up to him. As occasional wardrobe mistress, she usually helped dress him up when she wasn't in the fic. “You're described as dark clothes and hat.”
“But I can't find that hat ever since I lost it in `Frost comes early'!”
“That's why we have spares.” Sabrina remarked, yanking open a cabinet and tossing Ash one.
“Thank you!”
Ash jammed the hat on his head while Charlotte whisked him into the dark pants and turtleneck he was supposed to be wearing, before shoving him onto the set.
 
Ten minutes later…
 
“Calling Ash and Lance to stage two!”
“That would be `Dragon's Love' arc?” Lance asked, getting up. “At least I'm wearing mostly standard in that.”
“No.” Morty said, peering at the script. “I'm afraid not.”
“What do you mean?”
“Right now she's using it for `How to Catch a Star' as well.”
Lance scowled. “Okay, which drawer was the instant spring of drowned boy in?”
 
Pika-chan was rooting through the refrigerator. Pausing, she tossed the dragon master a flask of clear liquid.
“Thanks!”
*SPLASH*
 
“Hm. Wrong water.” Sabrina mentioned, after a pause. “You'd better use Illusion.”
The pixie glared, before stomping onstage.
Luckily, fanfic characters are nothing if not professional, so the story went on. However, it wasn't too calm backstage.
“How could you mix up Spring of Drowned Boy with Spring of Drowned Pixie?!” Lance demanded of Bugsy incredulously.
The girl shrugged. “It's in character for me to be slightly dizzy. Aren't I that way in `Creating my own Destiny?”
“I didn't think so.” Winona said.
Bugsy shrugged.
Pika-chan wolfed down an entire gross of cupcakes. “Ah, energy… I'd better run off to Episode twenty-four before I'm late.”
“'Least I'm not in that either.”
 
“Hey! Professor Oak's in that one! Get him onstage!”
Brock grumbled. As the security guard, he had to do several unpleasant things. * Calm… think of your girlfriend in `Just a Gym'... at least you got a girlfriend… and you aren't dead! *
He found Oak high on coffee, apparently he had been sampling Charlotte's brew. In any case, it would fit with the mad scientist role the man was playing, so Oak was forcibly tossed onstage.
“MWAHAHAHAHA!”
 
Misty glared at her script. “And why do I appear only twice in CCA?”
“Phantomness doesn't like you.” Sabrina said, looking for the superglue so she could fix her wings. “These rubies keep falling off…”
“I thought they were feathers.” Morty put in.
“They are. Solid rock. How am I supposed to fly?”
Lance shrugged, pointing to her own wings of steel. “No clue. But remember, Phantomness failed physics.”
“Ah.”
 
Ash stumbled backstage. “Lance-chan! Set four!”
“Four? So we're putting on Shelter in the Storm now?”
Ash nodded, diving over to his closet and quickly changing into what is known as a standard `anime suit'.
Yanking the Velcro that held this particular outfit together, Ash once again blessed the stars above for the invention. It saved time.
He dashed out onstage.
 
Lance groaned as Sabrina handed her the transformation potion. “This stuff tastes nasty.”
“Oh come on, it's only a few scenes.”
Lance grimaced and swallowed it, turning into a Dratini, before vanishing onstage.
 
Lorelei and Agatha played cards as they waited.
“Lorelei, I sense that someone will be reading Just a Gym again.”
“So I have to play the ice trainer?”
“Mm-hmm.”
“At least it's my choice of clothes.” The trainer said happily. “Although Phantomness' taste isn't as bad as it could be…”
“I just resent having to marry Oak.”
“That is a problem.”
 
Lance did not return for half an hour. By then, someone else was starting to read `Dragon's Love' again.
“I NEED A BREAK!”
“Me too.” Ash said, swallowing some APTX-49, the drug he used to shrink to a younger age.
Charlotte looked bemused. “Now I'm very glad I'm a flat character.”
Both gave her dirty looks as they changed clothes and ran onto the set.
 
*Collapse*
“Angst alert! Lagrimas!”
“Oh please, no…” Lance said, pushing herself to her feet.
“Get the spring water again, you're playing a boy.”
“I…hate…my…life…” The trainer ground out.
“I'm supposed to be seducing you?!”
`Yes, now get onstage!”
Ash blushed as he nodded. “K!”
 
Then, there was a 7-hour break as fanfiction.net crashed, which everyone took full advantage of.
Very happy.
It was lucky most people didn't read Phantomness's work.
Otherwise, they would have more work!
 
“Set twenty-five!”
“Twenty-five?” Lance asked with a furious blush.
“Yep, twenty-five.”
“I hate doing lemon…”
`Nani?” Ash asked, tearing up. “You don't like me?”
`No! No! That's not it! It just seems like voyeurism.”
“Hmm… well, we'd better not miss any appointments.”
The two dashed off, quickly changing.
 
Misty was rudely jolted out of a dream. “Why do people bother reading `End of Misty'! It's a piece of crap!”
“Well, someone likes it obviously.” Charlotte retorted.
Misty glared as she stomped onstage.
“Besides, pissing off the authoress only causes more trouble in the future.”
Misty continued to glare.
But the show went off without a hitch.
 
Ash and Lance came backstage again, both crimson.
“I can't believe someone read all of Phantomness's lemon in one night…”
“Really?” Claire looked interested. “So, did you two have fun?” *Wink*
“I'm not in the mood to argue with you now, lil' cousin.” Lance said, collapsing on a convenient couch.
Ash yawned. “Oh, thank Mew… they're reading `It's not fair' and I'm not in that…”
Muk did not feel the same, but that was fine.
 
A very tired group of fanfic characters fell asleep that night.
 
Now isn't it lucky that Phantomness doesn't own pokemon?
 
End
Started 3/1/04
Completed 5/5/04
Just font resizing, like most things