Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Cassia's Pokemon Adventures ❯ Trouble At Home ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter Three: Trouble at home
"Good morning, Torchic. How are you this morning?" Cassia asked her bouncy little pokemon partner.
"Torchic-tor-tor!" he squealed happily, jumping up and down on the bed.
"We have a big day ahead of us today we're going to Odale Town to see Brendan." Cassia said putting her shoes on and tying her long black hair into a pony tail, and putting her bandana on her head.
"Cassia are you up?" Della asked her daughter from downstairs.
"Yeah, mom I have alot to do today so I'll be packing lunch for Torchic and me." Cassia said as she started gathering the things she would need for her trip.
Her items consisted of: a new purple backpack which her dad had bought for her birthday, she just never used it; a GPS map, small radio, all weather sleeping bag, $20,000, and several sets of clothes and her all weather jacket not to mention her Torchic's pokeball. Soon she was all packed and ready to go.
She looked at her pal, who was to busy preening his feathers to notice, Cassia just smiled fondly. She walked over to the nightstand grabbed Torchic's pokeball and clipped it to her belt; she hoped she'd get more.
Torchic looked up to see his trainer getting ready to leave and hurried to her side.
"Come on Torchic, let's head downstairs so we can get our lunch and go." Cassia said to her companion who nodded his agreement.
"Oh, Cassia who's your friend?" her mom said as she came downstairs.
"Oh, him? His name is Torchic. Professor Birch gave him to me; when I saved him from a wild dog pokemon the other day." Cassia said to her mom proudly looking at her pokemon.
"You ran into a wild pokemon?! What did I tell you about staying away from those huh?" her mom yelled.
"But... mom y-you dont u-understand he needed help; what was I supposed to do stand and watch? I HAD TO HELP!" Cassia stammered in reply.
"I don't care. What would you have done if you had been hurt huh? I don't want you to go near anymore pokemon; and you give that Torchic back. I forbid you from becoming a pokemon trainer!" her mom said cornering Cassia against the stairs.
"But, but mom, Torchic is mine. I just can't give him back, he won't obey anyone else but me!" Cassia said standing up defiantly.
Torchic who was watching the confrontation, didn't like seeing his trainer being threatened even if it was her own mother so he did the only thing he knew to do in a situation like that, defend his trainer.
"Torchic-tor!" he yelled headbutting Della in the back of her legs, catching both her and Cassia off guard.
"Tor-tor-Torchic-chic-tor" he said stepping in front of Cassia and glaring fiercely at Della.
"Torchic! Stop! Don't hurt her, she's my mom. I didn't give you an order but I am now STAND DOWN!!" Cassia said quickly coming to her mom's defense.
"Torchic-chic-tor?" he said looking confused and very hurt. He looked at his trainer then bolted from the house.
"TORCHIC! WAIT! Nice going mom, see what our fighting has done; he might never come back; and the only ones to blame is ourselves." Cassia said angrily as she ran out of the house after him.
Torchic was hurt, he didn't know what to do; his mistress was in danger, he protected her and she got angry at him so...he was a very confused little pokemon.
"TORCHIC! WHERE ARE YOU? TORCHIC CAN YOU HEAR ME? I AM SORRY!!" Cassia yelled frantically looking for her pokemon.
She searched for hours with no luck even going as far as Route 102 to find him. She searched the meadow and nearby woods with no luck. To make matters worse, she'd left all her things at home and it was getting dark fast. It would be a long, long night.

What will happen to Cassia alone in the woods at night?
What kinds of pokemon will she meet?
Will Torchic come back?
Wait and See.
On to Chapter Four!!