Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Chosen ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fun! *Waves* Hi readers!
 
Timeline - 1 month past
Chapter 4: Grow
 
Duck.
Swish.
Clatter.
Fly.
Wind, so fast…
Ice, freezing…
Fire burning…
Thunder, frying…
Jump.
“OW!”
 
Lance sheathed her ice blade, extending a hand and yanking Ash to his feet.
“Channeling spells through the blade was a good idea…”
“But since I had the sword in position to cast spells, I couldn't bring it back fast enough to protect myself.” Ash deduced.
< Correct. >
Ash sighed, as he placed his fingers on the shallow cut on his chest, and the other ones on his arms. At least Lance wasn't fighting at full power, otherwise he might be dead already.
A white glow surrounded him, all wounds healing.
However, exhaustion set in immediately after.
“Rest now. Just study, we can continue tomorrow.”
“Hai!”
 
It occurred to him that he hadn't thought about Brock or Misty much.
But of course, Brock could travel without him, and from the rumors some water pokemon brought, Misty was finally taking her own steps to reach water mastery.
Good for her!
Ash wasn't quite sure if he remembered how to pass Mastery, but it was hard.
Lance had shown him a memory of her own test for Dragon mastery. It looked really hard.
And it hurt, too.
Still, pain was a way that had to be broached to enlighten sometimes.
Ash stirred his marble soda as he watched the clouds.
It was hard work, but at the same time, he enjoyed it greatly.
Yes…
 
And if you looked at the clouds carefully, you could scry in them.
He knew mom was all right, although seeing her and Professor Oak together was more than a bit of a shock.
It was a lot of a shock.
But if the professor really made her happy, then he wouldn't fight it.
Wouldn't.
 
It was strange, but Lance was the only person who he could cling to now.
He didn't' mind.
She was so…real.
He watched as she summoned the dragons and played with the storms.
He wanted to fly like her too.
He would learn to soar on the wings like she did.
 
“Bulbasaur! Razor Leaf poisonpowder!”
Bulbasaur nodded, the air filling with leaves coated with poison, as they struck into the hide of the attacking Tauros.
Keith groaned. * Bad luck… *
He was exploring this remote area of Kanto in search of dragon pokemon. Instead, he had run into a trainer.
Stupidly, he had issued a challenge, assuming it was a junior trainer from the plain white clothes.
Now… his Staryu and Graveler had fallen to the Bulbasaur already, and it clearly seemed as though his Tauros would as well.
That only left Charmeleon and Raticate. Damn.
 
“Still want to battle?” Ash asked, as Bulbasaur stuck out her tongue in a taunting pose. Sucker!
Squirtle laughed and hugged his mate. Wonderful!
Keith frowned. “NO.”
“Then leave. I don't want your money, I just want you to go away. This is a secret training spot.”
“Hell no! I found it!”
“Then I'll have to force you to leave?” Ash mused.
“As if!”
Ash smiled, stepping back a few steps, as a key shimmered to life in his hand. “Aa… you won't have time to appreciate the special effects, but that's okay.”
“Raticate! Bite!”
Raticate broke its teeth on Skarmory's wings as the bird soared out proudly.
“Steel wing.”
Bang, bash, ow, that had to hurt.
Keith looked around frantically with Charmeleon as raticate fainted.
They ran.
 
“I didn't even get to use the staff.” Ash pouted, but hugged Skarmory, who preened.
Favorite again!
< Seems like it. >
< I like it. > The bird stated in his sharp voice.
< I suppose it is convenient… >
< Of course! Why waste energy? >
Ash coughed, as he poured himself a glass of healing potion just in case. * It's hard though… *
 
Satisfied that there were no intruders within ten miles after Mewtwo's helpful scan, Ash went back to perusing a different book on blood magic.
Killing people was one way to get power, but it was quite weak.
And you needed to do a lot of sacrifices…
Plus, if you were incompatible with would kill you to try.
“So why do people use this?”
“The same reason why people turn to dark magic. it seems like a shortcut but actually undercuts you.” Lance replied.
“Oh.”
“It explains why so few can walk light. Shadow is hard too…”
Ash frowned. “I still can't remember.”
“Don't worry, the memories will unlock themselves soon enough.”
“I hope so…”
Lance shook her head. “It's not that bad without most of them, is it?”
“Well, I luckily have two or three so I'm not completely lost.”
“That's better than none.”
“Hai!”
 
“Shall we spar again?” She didn't want him to start brooding, as that never boded well. Angst…
Angst could be very dangerous under the wrong circumstances.
 
“Yes, please.”
Ash pulled out his lightning blade, Lance a pair of dragon daggers, and they attacked.
Swish.
 
End Chapter
Completed 3/27/04