Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ Surprises, surprises ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow smiles and happily waves to all her reviewers. Then, she takes out a file with 'Part 8' on it in black letters. The audience waves and cheers loudly.

Okay, okay, I got a little carried away. But that would have been cool!

Disclaimer: Shadow does not own pokemon. It belongs to Nintendo, Game FREAK, 4Kids, Shogakukan comics, etc. Shadow owns Destiny & new pokemon.

I have just watched the English Episode of Lance and the Red Gyrados

Interesting notes:

Lance has pink hair… almost the same shade as Whitney's. O_O. and I thought him having orange/red hair in the manga was bad!

Lance's thoughts sound like a girl talking but he sounds like an adult when he talks.

Championshipping hints! ^_^

Analogy!

Ash: Lance as Misty: Lorelei as Brock: Bruno. Hmm…. Ash would have had Misty's totally sparkly eyes if he were a girl… I think he blushed! Plus he was leaning forwards towards Lance n' everything. *Smirks* Championshipping 4ever!

Those sunglasses are kawaii!

Lance got dressed really quickly… after he grabbed the rocket and stole his uniform, that is. :) But what did he do with the rest of his clothes?

Dragonite is tiny. I mean it's only about twice as tall as Lance is. Compare to how tall Dragonite is in the manga.

Uh, interesting red highlights on Lance's black outfit.

Why is his hair pink? *Wails*

Lance is trying to protect Ash… *Smiles* Kawaii! And when Ash shows up again, Lance thinks 'why did he come back'?

Oh, and in the 2nd part, Lance is so nice to Ash when he gets injured.

Ranma - Thank you! I love playing with relationships.

TMP - the power of Destiny will be explained later… much later. Ash kind of is Destiny, but he kind of isn't. It's hard to explain. Ash can't cook. *_*()

Pikacar/Marle - *Smiles* I'm glad I don't have to deal with Jewel. Have fun!

Pokemon Reader - Gracias! *Smiles*

Timeline: Two months later

Part 8: Surprises, surprises.

"Happy birthday, Ash!" Lance said. Ash blinked as he woke up to find Lance and his pokemon wearing party hats and carrying presents and a cake.

"How did you know it was my birthday?" Ash asked in confusion.

"I checked your file online." Lance said simply. "Surprised?"

"Hai!" Ash said, slipping into Japanese. "Wow." His eyes took in the two-layer cake frosted with chocolate and strawberries, and the small pile of presents. "Yay!"

"Now go wash up. You can have cake for breakfast, plus I'll make you waffles too." Ash hugged Lance tightly before he ran off to the bathroom. * Wow! I'm eight years old now. In two years I'll be able to start my pokemon journey. That's so cool! *

When Ash came out, the table was set, with the cake in the center. Lance had already lit the eight blue candles atop the cake. At his plate was a pile of waffles, drenched in syrup and strawberry jam. Ash sat down and began digging into the waffles.

"Do you like them?"

"How did you know I like waffles?" Ash questioned. Lance smiled.

"I know you pretty well by now, Ash. After you're done, you can blow out the candles and make a wish, okay?"

"Okay!" Within six minutes, Ash had cleaned his plate. He closed his eyes as he blew out the candles. * I wish that I could stay with Lance forever because he's really nice and I don't want to live with anybody else. *

When Ash opened his eyes, Lance handed him a package.

Ash quickly tore off the bright purple wrapping paper. Inside were a poke ball, two books, and a really cool-looking dark blue jacket with pockets.

"Thanks, Lance!" Ash said happily, putting on the jacket. "What's in the poke ball?"

"Open it and find out." Lance said calmly.

Ash pressed the release button, expecting anything. What he didn't expect was a small green pokemon with a leaf on its head and red eyes.

"Wow! I've never seen a pokemon like this before! What is it?"

"Why don't you check the pokemon encyclopedia I gave you?" Lance asked. "It has a lot of pictures."

Ash opened the thick book and flipped through it until he found a picture that resembled his new pokemon, which was currently rubbing against his leg happily.

"Chi - ko - ri - ta?" Ash asked, pronouncing it slowly.

"Right. It's a grass-type pokemon. Since you don't have one yet, I thought it might be a good idea to give you one."

"You're the best, Lance!" Ash said, giving the trainer another hug.

"Well, since you are my 'little brother', I have to take care of you, right?"

"Right!" Ash said happily as he tossed his little pokemon up into the air, causing it to squeak in surprise. * Lance is so nice. *

Lance smiled as he watched Ash play with his new pokemon. * I wish I had been that innocent. Oh well, no good trying to bring back the past. Too many unpleasant memories to deal with... *

"Can we go to the circus today?" Ash asked about half an hour later.

"Well… since it is your birthday, it should be all right."

"Can my pokemon come too?"

"Of course. It's entertainment, after all, so pokemon should be allowed to watch too." Lance said. "Where's the traveling circus again?"

"Um… Viridian City."
"All right, but there's something I have to do first." Lance said. "The police are still searching for me, and I'm not going out there looking like this. I'll be out in a second."

Ash nodded and continued playing tickle tag with his pokemon.

Lance produced a bottle of black hair dye. "Hmm… this is supposed to wear off within a few days, so I won't have permanently black hair." She stood over the sink and washed her hair, before applying the hair dye and wrapping it in a towel for half an hour. When the towel came off, Lance had wavy black hair down to her shoulders.

< Are you going to dress up as a girl? >

"You're very perceptive, Aerodactyl." Lance told the fossil pokemon as she scratched it under the chin.

< Not really, but I just guessed so. How many guys have hair like that? >

"I get your point." Lance exited the bathroom and opened one of the drawers in the closet. She took out a dark red t-shirt with a happy clefairy on it and a pair of jean shorts. With the ensemble went a pair of red gloves and blue sneakers, as well as a blue headband.

Ash didn't even look up as Lance dressed herself.

"Okay, I'm ready!"

When Ash looked up, his first impression was one of gaping shock. "L-lance?"

"Yep." Lance said, adjusting her voice to a slightly higher tone. "It's me. What do you think?"

"You look like a girl." Lance sweatdropped.

"I mean you really look like a girl! I mean, you have-." Ash made a motion to indicate his chest.

"Do you think this is a good disguise?"

"Really good!" Ash said. "But why are you pretending to be a girl? Couldn't you just dye your hair and be a boy?"

"That's sort of the point, Ash. The authorities are pretty sure that I'm a boy. This way, the police won't be able to recognize me." Lance said confidently. "Are you ready to go?"

"I think so." Ash said, recalling Chikorita. "Are we going to ride Dragonair again?" He didn't mention the topic again. * Lance really looks pretty though. That's really strange. How can a boy be pretty? *

"No, Dragonair attracts too much attention. I'll be using a different pokemon this time. Noctowl, I choose you!"

The owl pokemon blinked and looked around.

"Can you fly us to Viridian, Noctowl?"

< Of course, master. > The bird said. < Climb on. > Ash and Lance both climbed on and Noctowl took off for Viridian.

"How did you get a Noctowl?"

"I caught it in Johto." Lance said. "It's across the sea."

"Did you live in Johto before?"

"For a while." Lance said. * With flying pokemon, it seems like the world is at your fingertips.

"Oh! Is that where you caught Chikorita?"

"Very perceptive, Ash."
Ash beamed at the compliment. Noctowl continued flying along. Soon, Viridian was in sight, the bright canvas tents of the circus within view.

End part 8!

Reviews = good.

Flames will be used to forge a Game Boy Advance!