Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ Why am I stuck here with you? ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

HI!

Disclaimer: No, I am not the owner of pokemon. If I did, you'd be watching Card Captor Ashura or Dragon's Love on TV right now…

Notes: <> indicates telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, italics indicates pokemon speech.

Pairings: Championship, Misty/Bob Shepard

Yep, sorry this took so long, I had to revise this so I wouldn't kill anyone off immediately. *Sweatdrops*

Ranma - why thank you! *Laughs*

Tmp - first things first. The prophecy of the triple guardianship is in chapter 2 of 'Betrayal, etc.' I talk about shadow pokemon in one of the episodes in the Card Captor Ashura: Eclipse arc. A shadow master is not actually mentioned until the very end of CCA so I haven't posted it yet. By that I mean Episode 188, I think, and its not up yet. Um… Lance's birth name! That will remain a mystery for now.

Incomplete13 - laughs, As you like.

Shenya - I'm trying, a lil' hard to get inspiration though. Darkness n' depression is usually fun for me to write too. ^_^

Part 2: Why am I trapped here with you?

"I can't." Ash repeated.

Lance shook her head. "You must."

"Could you not give her my power?"

"That's going against the prophecy completely. Fire and Ice fall for thunder to succeed. It has never been a question."

"But!"

"Remember, Shadow is the most powerful of all three."

Bob finally got annoyed. "What are you guys talking about?!"

"Why we're stuck on this mountain in the first place."

Bob blinked.

Misty scowled. "We're going to freeze."

"Not as long as we have the protective barrier outside, we aren't." Ash snapped. "Besides, we've almost a complete igloo now. We will be fine."

Misty glared at Ash.

Ash glared back. "You didn't have to come, you know."

"Why you pig! You selfish prig!"

"What are you calling me?!"

"I was ready to marry you! But then you ran out on me! I would have given you anything! You bastard!"

Bob perked his ears up. This was getting interesting. * So Misty doesn't like Ash. I have a chance! *

"You were never meant to be with me." Ash said practically.

"Well Excuse Me!" Misty spat. "And after my professions of love I caught you in bed with Lance!"
This time, Bob's eyebrows shot up to his hairline. * WHAT?! Whoa, really? Blackmail information, here I come! *

< Dark one. > Ash said in telepathy. < Darkened Waterflower, you have caused me to fail once, and to fall more than twice. And you accuse me now? >

Lance shot Ash a sharp look. Ash didn't notice as his eyes dilated to a molten gold.

< I know why the fire did not burn you. You are the demon; your own power cannot hurt you. Fire's child should have come with us, and one other. But now you have upset our balance. Fire is gone. Dead, destroyed, forgotten… >

< Ash! >

Ash snapped back to reality as Lance's telepathic command rang out in his head.

"What in the world are you talking about?" Misty said. "Quit going all creepy on us. It's not working."

Bob was still staring. "You… and him… are…?" His face turned a pale sea-greenish color. * I'm going to be sick… *

"If you're going to be sick, kindly do it outside." Lance said, standing up.

Bob continued to stutter for a good few minutes. His mumbling was getting quite annoying, so Ash sighed, and flicked his wrist, as Espeon sent Bob flying outside. A few minutes later, an ice-coated trainer staggered in.

"Oh!" Misty said, and quickly hurried over to him. "Bob, are you all right?"

Bob's teeth chattered somewhat. "I'll… survive…" He muttered; making sure he didn't look in the direction of the other two trainers.

Lance took the initiative, grinned, and wrapped her arms around Ash, smirking slightly. This caused some more uncomfortable looks from Bob.

"Get a room, you two!" Misty snapped, not in a good mood.

Ash shot her a glare.

Lance didn't even look up. She just stayed where she was.

Bob popped open his pack and pulled out a thermos of coffee, which he began drinking from. "Lucky I was prepared."

Misty crossed her arms, sat down, and glared some more at the two who seemed frozen in that position.

"Sheesh." She grumbled. "Just keep the affection out, okay?"

Half closed silver-blue eyes lifted to look at her, and then dropped down again. Ash's brown orbs seemed to be shimmering a bit, but maybe he was crying? Although crying in the snow caused tears to freeze.

"Shh, don't cry, little guardian." Lance whispered. "It doesn't help anything."
"I know, I know, because Hope will only come when I have accepted my fate." Ash whispered. "And Destiny is cruel, but I can see why 'I' act that way, and I accept that."

"But the cycle has broken again."

"Fire is gone." Ash said, whispering, as a faint flame flickered in his eyes, before vanishing. "Well, I suppose not completely, there's a little bit of her left, but…"

"She's just a spirit now, with minimal powers because you've absorbed most of them."

"I know, but it's kind of reassuring." Ash said, smiling. He took out a brush and began to groom pikachu. She purred as Ash combed out her shining fur.

A few hours passed, before Misty realized that she had to go to the bathroom quite badly. But there wasn't really any privacy in this igloo.

"I have to go."

"Outside." Lance said, not looking up from his book.

"What?"

"Come on, its for sanitary reasons. And if you are a water master, there should be no problem."

Bob handed Misty his cape. Misty took it and went outside, returning in a few minutes looking angry but otherwise unhurt. She brushed a few snowflakes off her jeans and glared daggers.

Lance did not look up. "We're basically stranded here. Did you guys bring any rations?"

"No."

"This was supposed to be a short trip." Misty complained, as she began looking through her backpack. She pulled out a hairbrush, several compacts and tubes of lipstick, a pair of underwear which she quickly stuck back inside, two bottles of water, a pair of gloves, several poke balls, a towel, a red bikini, sunblock, sunglasses, a fishing rod, and a blueberry muffin.

"I didn't bring anything besides our climbing equipment and my poke belt." Bob said.

"I've got food.' Ash grinned. He passed around four cans of Spam and chopsticks. This earned him a few strange looks.

"What?" Ash asked as he popped off the lid.

Lance put his tin away. "Thanks, but I'd rather diet than eat that."

Misty and Bob grudgingly ate the proffered food. Sure, it was food, but Spam? Yuck. How could Ash eat that?

About a half hour later, Ash fell asleep with his head on Lance's lap. Lance took off his cloak and wrapped it around the younger guardian, humming a song softly. * I won't be cold. I have ice blood and dragon's blood, after all. This weather is perfect for training… too bad the others don't think so. *

End Chapter!
Yep, we have conflict in the igloo! What more could you ask for?