Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Iron Royalty ❯ Prologue: Lights ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
---Iron Island---

Riley stood up again and stretched. Lucario nudged him from behind and he looked down and around. Lucario crossed his arms and tapped his foot.

“I’m sorry. It’s just a strenuous job, that’s all.” He knelt down and continued to sift through the rocks and pebbles of iron. Professor Carolina had sent the duo to sift through all the rocks being brought back. They were supposed to be looking for a lost piece of the puzzle on the back of Dialga. It was supposed to be a little blue gem the size of Lucario’s palm.

Lucario nudged Riley, this time in the elbow. He held out a blue stone that was ultra polished and gave off a little light of it’s own.

Just then, with perfect timing like usual, Professor Carolina appeared. “Ah! You did find it, Lucario! Good job, both of you. Come, we should calibrate it back into Dialga.”

Riley nodded and stood up. Just then, a light that was brighter than nearly everything, shot up from somewhere in the distance and shook the island pretty good. After a few moments of this, it subsided and all was quiet again. Riley and Lucario looked around to see that Professor Carolina was already headed off to see what it was.

Following them, Riley arrived first, using a back way. He looked off the side of a cliff.

About five feet down was a young woman. She was on her back and her body looked like it had hit the rock wall pretty hard. She was bleeding from somewhere under her hair. At her side was an Espeon. It spotted Riley and started wailing. It was calling for help, and Riley was the closest person.

He looked back and saw, in the distance, Professor Carolina and Lucario. Gritting his teeth, Riley looked back into the pit. Espeon was whimpering now, begging Riley not to leave it’s owner. He swung his legs over the edge and skidded down the side. He was able to stop near her. The Espeon put it’s ears back and down and licked Riley’s hand when he touched the woman.

Up close, her purple hair was black where the blood came out. Her skin was gray with ash and dust. All she wore was a lavender, long-sleeved shirt with blood stains, and a pair of purple pants with blue shoes.

She was alive. Her breath was really shallow and she looked dehydrated. Not quite sure what to do, Riley just took his jacket off to cover her. As he did, a wind picked up and it was a bit strong, but died and picked up.

“RILEY!” He looked up, hoping Carolina was close. “Riley, where are you?!”

“Here!” Riley sensed Lucario and told him where he was. A few seconds later, Lucario poked his head over the edge. Riley signaled for help.

Carolina appeared beside Lucario. “I’m glad I’ve got some rope.” She lowered it down and Riley held onto the girl, ready to climb.

When he was about to move, the Espeon hopped onto his shoulders. He smiled about it and started up the side. Once clear of the cliff, Espeon hopped down and looked up at the woman in Riley’s arms.

She was shivering and it became obvious when Carolina took her. “There’s nothing I can or could do. We need to get her to the nearest Pokemon Center.”

Riley shook his head. “No, it’s too far off. We could just care for her wounds here, as best we can, Carolina.”

She smiled. “I had a feeling you’d say that.” She lead the way back.

Riley looked down and Espeon looked up. The two of them walked side-by-side behind Carolina and Lucario. They felt that it was the best action and Riley smiled at the now subdued Pokemon. Riley held his arm out and Espeon ran up and onto his shoulders, curling it’s tail around his neck for support. It made a little noise of approval.