Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Satisfy ❯ Violence ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the Pokemon characters used in this chapter, because they are all property of Satoshi Tajiri and I haven't stolen the rights from him yet. I bet he has people try that all the time, actually; probably has to have bodyguards and stuff.
 
 
.
 
 
Sakura caught sight of a familiar purple blur in the crowd at Pokemon Square and carefully muttered, “Uh-oh. Don't look now, Kitty, but Gengar's coming over here.”
 
“Oh, you know that makes me want to look.” Barely resisting the urge, she ducked her head and whispered, “Any chance we can escape?”
 
“None.” At her friend's aggravated groan, she offered helpfully, “We could act as if we've grown blind and ignore them, or that we've got an important mission to do.”
 
“And that'll stop him?”
 
“Good point.” The venusaur scowled at the arrogant ghost striding towards them, but irritation turned to surprise and then suspicion when she noticed his teammates were curiously absent. What is he up to? When he came close enough to converse without raising their voices, she was cautious when asking about his lone presence. “Where are your lackeys, Gengar?”
 
He scoffed, jerking a thumb in the general vicinity behind him. “Being slow, as usual.” Then, as if he decided Sakura's presence was inconsequential to his plan, he turned and greeted the black fox warmly, smirking at the suspicion in her narrowed maroon eyes. “Kekekeh, the work of a hero is never done, huh?”
 
“The work of a rescuer,” she corrected with a meaningful glance towards his bag, where she assumed his badge lay hidden amongst his spoils, “is never done. Speaking of which, we have a date with a fearow with an injured wing. If you'll excuse me-” She attempted to step past him without further conversation, only managing to take a couple of steps before he squeezed between her and her teammate, much to their irritation. The simple excuses and reasoning they utilized in the past didn't seem to work anymore, and it infuriated Kitty that he didn't seem get the hint. Or he's ignoring it, which is even worse.
 
“A “date,” you say?” Immediately, she cursed her choice of words, wishing she had hands and hair to tear out with those hands. Sakura might've been better at avoiding embarrassment as well as reading body language. “I'm jealous of that birdbrain, kekeh!” It took all of her willpower not to smack him in the face with either her tail or a shadow ball, but he certainly wasn't helping preserve his own good health. He whistled in mock-admiration, continuing, “After all, two girls at once? Let alone saviors of the world?
 
Will the pokemon here ever create painkillers, or will they always rely on berries? “Don't you have some young, unsuspecting people to con out of their money or something?”
 
He feigned disappointment and placed a claw over his heart, although his grin never wavered for a moment. “That hurts, it really does.”
 
“Something else is going to hurt in a second.” Her mouth twitched as she barely suppressed a feral snarl at his dogged attempts to-annoy her? Sakura, please tell me you're reading his “subtle cues” or something, because I'm totally lost.
 
“Ohoho, touchy, are we?” His smirk grew to unfathomable proportions, much to her dismay, and belatedly she realized that being egged on was just what he was aiming for. Way to fuel the fire, idiot. He crossed his arms as if mulling over something important, closing his eyes as he told her sagely, “Violence does not solve every problem in the world.”
 
“Although it certainly is a very attractive option,” the venusaur “mumbled” from his other side, earning a snort from her friend and a roll of the eyes from the ghost. She peeked around him and winked, jokingly asking, “Don't you agree, Kitty?”
 
The wicked, frightening grin on her face spelled trouble for all on her bad side, and she answered cheerfully, “Oh, yes, I do. After all, violence did help us get past those powerful birds, and convince the Mankey Gang not to cause anymore trouble.”
 
“Don't forget the earthquakes it stopped,” Sakura added, clearly enjoying herself. Hey, we're both sadistic people. Who would've thought?
 
“Hey! It even helped saved the world!” The umbreon returned the wink with barely contained glee, feeling much better than she had before. “Don't you agree, Gengar?”
 
He scoffed, obviously uncomfortable with how they suddenly turned bright and sugary at the mentioning of violence. “Okay, it might help a lot, but it's certainly not the best solution.” When Kitty turned her deceivingly sweet smile on him, he visibly stiffened as his wary gaze looked for any sign of attack. If fake smiles could kill, he'd probably be dead a hundred times over-or could he die? He was a ghost, after all. A brief second of considering the idea, and then she decided it didn't really matter.
 
“Oh, I beg to differ. Opportunities for its sacred assistance show up often enough; I hardly think it's all coincidence. Such as now!” When he started at her sudden declaration, she tilted her head to one side as she seemed to mull carefully over her words, and amazingly shook her head to disagree with what she just said. “Well, okay, maybe it's not the best solution . . .”
 
Letting out a relieved sigh, he paused as he gave her confession some actual thought. “Er, what's the best solution?”
 
“Letting you live and suffer for many days to come.” She smiled triumphantly at the exasperated groan she managed to pull out of him-and found it ironic that their roles had somewhat reversed. Shoot, no wonder he bothers me so much-this is fun!
 
 
.
 
 
Theme: Opportunities
 
Lots of dragon-y love (and cookies!),
~DL (“Dragon Lover”)