Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Miracles ❯ Chapter 5-Part 1 -What's so funny? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5- What's so funny? - Part 1
 
A couple of months had passed and Butch was now in his 8th month of pregnancy. He was getting huge but it did not seem to bother him that much. He was still as happy as could be. Cassidy and Him had decided a long time ago that they should go ahead and buy some of the baby things b/c it would not be much longer until the baby was born.
 
One day, Cassidy went out to look at baby stuff and Butch had decided to stay home and clean up a bit. Butch was cleaning when Cassidy came through the door and said,” You will never guess who I saw Butch!” Butch said,” Who?” “Your mother! She has wanted to see you for a while so I told her to come by and eat supper with us.” “YOU TOLD HER WHAT!?!?!” Butch screamed. Butch and his mother have always gotten along well but ever since he became pregnant, he kind of did not want to tell his mom about him expecting. “Well…I had no choice Butch! What was I going to tell her? That she could not come to see you b/c you are pregnant?” Cassidy said. “Well…she is going to find out sooner or later…too bad it has to be now…” Butch said as he sighed and said,” I guess we should start cooking.”
 
Later that night…..
 
Cassidy heard a knock at the door and she said,” I will get it.” She opened the door and saw Butch's sister, Wendy standing at the door. “Hey, Wendy! Come on in!” Cassidy said. “I heard that mom was coming over, so, I thought that I would be here for Butch for support b/c mom is not going to take this well I am afraid.” Wendy said. “Thank you so much. Butch needs all the support that he can get.” Cassidy said as Wendy walked in and saw Butch sitting on the sofa, waiting for his mom to arrive. “Hi Butch! How are you doing?” Wendy asked as she sat down on the sofa next to him.
 
“Good so far….I am just nervous I guess….” Butch said as he twiddled his thumbs. “It will be ok Butch…and you will have Cassidy and I to back you up.” Wendy said. “Thanks Wendy…..that helps…” Butch said. Just then he heard a knock on the door. “ I will get it!” Wendy said as she opened the door. “Hi Mom!” Wendy said. “Hi Wendy…where is your brother at?” Taiya asked. “I am right here Mom…” Butch said as walked over and gave his mom a hug. Taiya took a step back, looked at her son, and said,” Butch, you put on some weight, haven't you?” Butch said, “Well…there is a funny story behind that…..” Butch said as they sat down at the table. “Well…Butch is pregnant….” Cassidy said. “WHAT?!??!?! How?” Taiya said. Butch and Cassidy told her the whole story about the “accident”. Taiya just sat there and looked at her son in shock and said,” I cannot believe it. I am SO HAPPY!!! I am going to be a grandmother” Taiya hugged Butch as Butch sighed in relief. He was just glad that that was over.
 
Butch thought to himself as he looked as his mother and continued to eat,” I am so glad that my mom took the news good. Imagine what the other rockets are going to say when I come back with a child.” Cassidy looked at Butch and thought to herself,” Something is wrong with Butch…I will ask him later on.”
That night after Wendy and Taiya left, Cassidy sat next to Butch on the couch, played with his hair a little bit, and finally asked, “Is something wrong Butch?” Butch looked at Cassidy and said,” You know…I was wondering….how are we going to explain the baby when I go back to work?” Cassidy looked at Butch and thought to herself,” I never thought about that!” She said to Butch,” I am not sure. But we will come up with an excuse for them. Don't worry.” Cassidy put her hand on Butch's stomach and almost instantly, she felt something push against her hand. “The baby's kicking!” Cassidy said with uttermost delight. Butch smiled and said,” She loves to kick. Sometimes when I go to sleep, she will wake me up. It's as if she wants to play and she is not ready to go to sleep. I think that she is going to be stubborn just like me.” Cassidy smiled and said,” Why don't we go shopping tomorrow? I am off and we can look at baby things.” “Sounds great!” Butch said.