Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Neverland ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dos…
Disclaimer: Phantomness owns this non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction, but does not own pokemon. Hm.
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
NO, this will NOT be AAMRN, and if people bug me about it… *cracks knuckles*. I've already stated I can't and won't write AAMRN, so nyah!
Chapter 2
 
Ash he huffed and panted in the doorway, he heard several chuckles. He looked around, checking the group out.
Misty and Gary were there, along with Sabrina. Those were the only people he recognized. There were three others - an old man with snowy white hair in a wheelchair, a young man with blonde hair in blue, and another young man with crimson hair wearing a cape.
“Um… hi?”
< Hello, Ash. >
“Right.” Misty coughed, and everyone's eyes shot to her. “It's time to get down to business. Sabrina has already verified his identity and his records, and Lance has backed up her claims. So, welcome to the Resistance.”
“Wait, what?” Ash blinked.
“We are those who oppose Team Aqua's control of the region.” Gary explained. * He's still dense as ever… *
“Perhaps introductions are in order?” The old man smiled. “I am Pryce Hielo, former gym leader of Mahogany Town. I specialize in ice-type pokemon.”
“Morty from Ecruteak, former gym leader. I'm a Ghost Master.” The blonde man stated with a bow.
“Lance Dragyn, former Champion of the Indigo League.” The last man introduced himself. Ash gasped.
“And you already know the rest of us.” Misty smiled brightly. “So!”
“Yes, perhaps you ought to explain, leader Misty.” Gary said mock-politely. Misty swatted him.
“Ahem. We are here to oppose Team Aqua's control, as I already stated. Luckily, I can control the legendary pokemon, so that helps.”
Ash stared at Misty wide-eyed. “Woah.”
Misty smirked. “Yes. I can control the three legendary dogs of Johto, and the three legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres! Now, Team Aqua's eventual plan is to summon the beast of the sea, Kyogre, and flood most of the earth, therefore increasing the habitat of water-type pokemon. Although I'm a water trainer myself, that would wreck the balance of nature, so we are here to stop them.”
 
“Wait, but how do you know this?” Ash blinked. “All we ever learned in indoctrination class was that water pokemon were the best and we must protect their habitat.”
“You're sharp.” Pryce smiled. “I like that.”
Morty's eyes were closed, but Sabrina suddenly smiled.
< There's a reason for everything, Ash… >
“Mm?”
< Perhaps… > Sabrina frowned. < Lance. >
The older man looked up, golden eyes bright. “Yes?”
< How soon do you have to return? >
Lance cast a glance at his watch. < Within an hour. >
< Then go. It would better not to incur their suspicion. >
The man nodded, and his form suddenly faded away. Ash jumped.
 
< Lance is our spy within Team Aqua's Elite Administrators. > Morty explained. < He's an Administrator along with Tabitha and Isabelle. >
“Woah….”
“Yes.” Misty coughed. “Now then! I'll be quite busy, so perhaps Gary, you could show Ash around and give him some pokémon to start with.”
Although it had been phrased as a request, the clear undertones indicated dire consequences should he not obey. Gary feigned nonchalance and then took Ash's arm. “Come on, let's go.”
Most non-aquatic species of pokemon had been wiped out during Team Aqua's `purging' of the world so far, so he doubted Ash would get a pikachu. Pity.
Life must have been hard within the Aqua organization, but that was not to say life wasn't difficult outside of it, so…
 
“Here.” Gary pointed to a small room, filled with shelves of poke balls. “You can have three for starters if you're approved, as your level increases you are assigned more pokemon, or you can catch more pokemon, well, that's up to you. We don't have that many, unfortunately…”
“There are only seven people in this organization?”
“Not quite. The Council numbers seven. We also have a staff of six Nurse Joys, and several technicians, as well as two other trainers, who aren't here at the moment, but we are quite limited in numbers.”
“So can Misty really control the legendary pokemon?”
“You don't believe your little girlfriend?”
Ash flushed. “I haven't seen her for four years. I have a right to feel slightly edgy.”
“Well, I suppose you're right, but yes.”
“Sugoi…”
 
Even having one pokemon would be bliss after having been denied pokemon for years. Reading about pokemon and doing medical work just wasn't the same as actually owning a pokemon…
Ash glanced down the rows, mentally running commentary on which types were good, which were not, what special attacks some could learn, training techniques… during the classes he had learned far more than the instructors had given him credit for, under their rigorous sink-or-swim policy, he had swam - but just barely. If only they'd known… there. That pokemon.
He drew the Unown from the shelf, followed by two others. Lapras and Ditto…
With these three, he had a tank, a writer, and a transformer. Why did he need any other pokemon when he had Ditto?
Gary handed Ash their handbook, advised him to learn it ASAP, and then went to find Misty.
 
“Misty, are you sure he's the one?”
“No, but even if he isn't the one, he still should be a good trainer and an asset. After all he did survive the brainwashing.”
“I wonder how he did it.”
“Sabrina doesn't know. She's gotten all his memories, but he really does not know.”
“Interesting. Maybe it was a genetic mutation?”
“Perhaps.”
 
“I'm cold.”
“I know…”
Tabitha snuggled closer to Lance with a sultry smile. “Keep me warm?” They were monitoring Kyogre, Team Aqua's secret, locked carefully in an underground tank. The pokemon was still healing inside its containment, even a legendary took time to heal from injuries, and would not be able to bring rain for several months.
Curse those fools who had found it! They had pulled out their electric pokemon instead of simply throwing a Master Ball…
Well, no matter. They could wait.
Soon…
 
The Dragon Master hid a smile as the Admin fell asleep in his arms, golden eyes sharp. * Perfect… *
His golden earring studs glittered slightly in the watery light as his lips curved up in a malicious grin. One word was spoken.
“Set.”
 
End Chapter
Completed 5/22/05
Whee! Another chapter done!