Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pok'emon Gaiden ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The isle of Tren is a small island to the far edge of the Jhoto region secluded from the rest of the world, secluded from society secluded from Pok'emon.
 
From first glance Tren looks like any normal small town But underneath the surface it is home to people of very strict religious beliefs believing Pok'emon to be demons and trainers to be powerfully evil shaman condemned to hell for such blasphemy, they even go as far to slaughter wondering Pok'emon on sight.
 
“Kill it!” A youth yelled at the edge of town, running toward his quarry followed by three other boys armed with large stones.
 
The victim was struck across the head, blood trickled down its face as the defenceless Abra was sent crashing to the ground.
 
Wham! Wham! Two more stones, breaking its left shoulder and right leg as the creature screamed in pain.
 
The young boy leading the small gang lifted a larger rock hefting it up with the intent to finish off the wounded as he was knocked over by a boy of the same age rushing him.
 
The rock fell to the floor inches away from the Abra as it lay there twitching.
 
“Vincent! What are you doing? We have to kill the demon before it brings more!”
 
“Shut up!” The protagonist replied. He was a smaller build than the other four but had an unquestionable look in his eyes as he glared at them.
 
The gang leader grabbed Vincent by the cuff of his shirt and punched him across the face.
 
“You idiot! The elders will punish you!” he cried. “Just like when you tried to save that Charmander a while back! They'll kill this one too!”
 
“I wont let anyone else harm this Pok'emon!” Vincent shouted trembling, his face stinging from the beating.
 
The leader threw Vincent to the floor. “You have till the time I get the elders, to kill it yourself or your going to be lashed again they might even brand your chest as a devil user!” He threatened as he and the others ran off into town.
 
Vincent sat up next to the Abra and fished around in his jacket pocket until he pulled out a Pok'e ball.
 
“I got this from a trainer who came by here who tried to negotiate with this village. I was the only one who talked to him… I'm sorry but with those wounds your going to die but if I catch you in this Pok'e ball I swear I will heal you and keep you a secret from everyone. I wont hurt you I promise.” Vincent said, pleading with the wounded Pok'emon.
 
The Abra shakily moved its right arm to Vincent's hand looking up at him with a look of desperation.
 
“There it is!” The leader boy shouted, followed by 4 elder members of the village.
 
BLAM! The Abra was sent flying back against a tree as the bullet pieced its chest.
 
“No!” Vincent cried, as he threw his Pok'e ball capturing the Abra before it was too late.
 
“What have you done child?!” The village elder growled, striding up to Vincent, grabbing a fistful of the child's thick silvery white hair ad dragging him into town.
 
“You have been nothing but trouble in this town. For too long have you helped the demons, and now you capture one!” The elder gritted his teeth, throwing the boy at the blacksmiths shop.
 
“I wont let you take this Pok'emon! I captured it that means I am the owner! It's my responsibility!”
 
“Is that so?” The elder inquired. “Well then either you choose give up the Pok'emon and fall in line or be banished from the island never to return!” He snarled, pulling for a hot poker with a brand on it.
 
Vincent struggled as 2 other elders held him in place as he grasped dearly to the Pok'e ball.
 
“I won't let you kill my Pok'emon!” Vincent yelled.
 
The children hid behind the elders as the mayor walked up to Vince.
 
“So be it. There can be no exception, even if you are child even if you are my child. If your mother could see you she'd be so ashamed.”
 
Vincent trembled, as his shirt was torn open as the searing hot brand burnt a symbol into his flesh.
 
The boy screamed out and cried as the world turned dark around him as he blacked out.
 
“Hey wake up!” A gruff voice called before throwing a bucket of seawater at Vincent's face.
 
“Hack! Cough! Cough! Wha what are you-”
 
“End of the line!” The fisherman replied as the small fishing boat docked in to the Sinnoh region.
 
“They told me take you from the island and said for you never to return.”
 
Vince gritted his teeth as he got to his feet.
 
“Look kid, I could have dropped your ass from the boat half way here you know and believe me I didn't have to go as far as here! Now get that Pok'emon healed, I don't wanna see anyone banished for nothing.”
 
Vincent's eyes widened as he remembered the Abra, throwing the Pok'e ball releasing it.
 
The creature looked exhausted, twitching and bleeding heavily from its chest.
 
“Whatever kid, do what you want.” The fisherman replied as he began to set sail.
 
Vince grabbed the remainder of his shirt and tore it off, wrapping it around Abra's head covering the crescent moon shaped scar and making a crude splint for its leg with 2 pieces of wood and the last of his shirt.
 
“I'm sorry but that's the best I know how to do, but it's better than nothing.” Vincent said, looking into the poor creatures eyes as he carefully picked it up and wrapped it in his leather jacket holding it in his arms and began walking in search of aid.