Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: A New Start ❯ Ch. 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Hello there." A voice echoed from the dark room. Dante opened his eyes and saw a man not too far from him. "Uh..hi..who are you? And what're you doing in my room?" He asked. The man laughed and had a goofiness about him. "Oh I'm sorry, your mother didn't tell you. I'm Professor Oak and you are?" He asked, smirking, as if he already knew. Dante pulled my blankets up and stretched. "Well nice to meet you Professor, I'm Dante." He said, pulling himself out of bed. The Professor turned to exit but then asked "Are you ready for your journey?" Dante froze a moment, realizing who this person was. "I think so.." He answered, kind of shocked. The Professor left, as Dantes mother walked in. "Aren't you excited?" She asked. Dante shook his head. "What is with people walking in while I'm just in boxers?" His mom laughed and put a hand on his shoulder. "I hope you know, I'm gonna be proud of you no matter what honey. You'd better not waste much time, you've got to go meet the Professor at his lab." She said. Dante quickly pulled on his jeans, a tee shirt and some sneakers, picked up his watch and back pack and ran out the door.

"I hope all of you are ready for the special journey ahead, I was once a great trainer myself, but alas I am too old now." The Professor spoke to the large crowd. Dante just approached and smiled. He wasn't totally prepared for his "journey" as it was unusual for adults to go out on when they are 18 and go catch wild animals for a living. The Professor had everyone stand in lines as he and his assistants handed out the chosen Pokemon to the trainers and their Poke Balls for the journey. Dante smirked as he was next and The Professor was already looking to him. Now it was his shot. "Dante, what Pokemon do you want, Charmander, the fire type, Squirtle, the water type, or Bulbasaur, the grass type?" The Professor asked. Dante paused and then flicked his fire red hair out of his face. "How about Bulbasaur?" He asked. The Professor looked stunned by his choice but handed him the Poke Ball and his necessities. "I would've thought with the hair, you would've picked Charmander." The Professor said. "Nah, I have a feeling that this Bulbasaur will be lucky." Dante laughed. "Well now, lets pay a visit to your rival." The Professor laughed.

They approached the house and heard voices inside. The Professor paused and said "Inside is grandson..what was his name again..hm.. oh Gary, and my granddaughter Shikha." He opened the door and the voices finally made sense. Shikha was laughing as Gary chased her down. She had cushions in her hands and dashed into her room and fell onto the floor. "Give those back!" Gary demanded, standing over her. "No, one more step and I'll..-" She began. "You'll what?" Gary interupted. "I'll stab you." She said, a goofy smirk and wide eyed expression on her face. "Stab me with what? And where?" Gary laughed. Shikha stood up and held the cushions tight. "With these, in the eye." She evily laughed. Gary backed up and then noticed his grandfather. "Oh hey, Gramps!" He said, destracting Shikha. She stepped out and saw Dante who was staring at her, a little frightened but equally interested. She raised an eyebrow. "So this is my rival huh?" She said. Dante stepped back, a little afraid for his life as she was just threatening her own brother. "I'm Dante." He introduced himself. Shikha dropped the cushions, which Gary snatched up, and approached Dante. She was shorter than him, dark brown hair, black tee and jeans on complemented by black boots. Dante smiled at her and she returned it. "Well, Dante huh? Nice name, kinda cute." She said. The Professor and Gary both jumped with surprise. Dante flushed a little and smiled more. "Well I'm Shikha." She said, and took a random Poke Ball out. "But Shikha, you don't know what Pokemon that is." The Professor warned. She smirked and tossed it in a challenge to Dante. "Charmander Go!" She said. A Charmander stood at her feet and looked up at Dante.

Pokemon:
Different Beginning
Converting /tmp/phpCrUovG to /dev/stdout