Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Team Rocket Strikes Back! An AAML Story ❯ Chapter 6: On The Run Part 3 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: On The Run Part 3
 
A/N: I hope you all enjoy this little Pokemon battle part... it gives Duplica a chance to prove her skills. Enjoy!
 
Blaine: I choose you! Charmeleon! (Blaine throws the Pokeball up in the air, and Charmeleon pops out and appears on the playing field)
 
Duplica: I choose my Ditto, of course! (Throws her Pokeball up in the air, her Ditto appears on the playing field)
 
Announcer: Begin!
 
Blaine: Go Charmeleon! Flamethrower attack! (A burst of flame shoots from Charmeleon towards Ditto)
 
Duplica: Ditto, Transform! (Ditto turns into a copy of Charmeleon) Dodge the attack, and then use your ember attack!
 
Ditto barely avoids getting singed by the flamethrower attack, and returns an ember attack in return, hitting Charmeleon.
 
Blaine: Nice move. You'll need more than that to beat me, though. Charmeleon, tackle attack! (Charmeleon runs at Ditto)
 
Duplica: Evade it, Ditto, then use tail whip attack! (Ditto avoids the tackle attack, and hits Charmeleon with a tail whip, knocking it to the ground)
 
Blaine: Charmeleon, counter with scratch attack! (Charmeleon starts scratching Ditto)
 
Duplica: Headbutt! (Ditto tries to headbutt Charmeleon)
 
Blaine: Tail whip that Ditto down! (Charmeleon tail whips Ditto as it charges for head butt, knocking it to the ground.)
 
Duplica: Umm... get up, Ditto. Ember attack! (Ditto sends flames at Charmeleon, hitting it and causes Charmeleon to go off balance) Head butt attack!
 
Blaine: Get up and counter with flamethrower! (Charmeleon is almost up when Ditto hits it, knocking it to the ground while Charmeleon is simultaneously shooting out flames. Ditto gets badly smoked by the attack but is still standing. Charmeleon is out cold.)
 
Duplica: (Excited) I did it!
 
Announcer: Charmeleon is unable to battle. Ditto is the winner!
 
Blaine: That's good. Now meet my ultimate Pokemon, Magmar! (Blaine brings Charmeleon back to its Pokeball, and throws out his other Pokeball, out of which Magmar appears)
 
Duplica: Ok! Ditto, transform into Magmar! (Ditto transforms into a copy of Magmar) Let's start with a flamethrower attack! (Ditto shoots a stream of flames towards Magmar.)
 
Blaine: Magmar, move out of the way and use smog attack! (Magmar unleashes a gaseous cloud that fills the room up)
 
Duplica: (Coughing) Ditto, burn the smog away!
 
Blaine: (As Ditto is preparing to burn away the smog) Magmar, Magma punch! (Magmar seemingly comes out of nowhere and lands a Magma punch right in Ditto's stomach, sending it flying across the floor. Ditto is out cold.)
 
Duplica: No! Ditto!
 
Announcer: Ditto is unable to battle. Magmar is the winner!
 
Duplica: (Dismayed) I tried... it's all up to you, Mini-Dit! (Throws Pokeball, out of which mini-ditto appears) Mini-Dit, transform into Magmar! (Mini-Dit transforms into a mini-copy of Magmar)
 
Blaine: So, that's the mini-ditto! Looks like a challenge to me. Magmar, smog attack! (Smog once again fills up the room)
 
Duplica: Mini-Dit, run around and use your flamethrower to burn off the smog. (Mini-Dit runs around, shooting flames everywhere. A few shots hit Magmar)
 
Blaine: Get that pipsqueak! Tackle attack! (Magmar tries to catch Mini-Dit and tackle it, but it's too fast)
 
Duplica: Dodge and counter with magma punch! (Mini-Dit stops running and gives Magmar a magma punch, sending it reeling to the ground)
 
Blaine: No! Magmar, flamethrower! Keep shooting; you'll hit that mini-ditto! (Magmar begins shooting flames everywhere; a few shots are on the mark and hit Mini-Dit, who has been running around the floor)
 
Duplica: Hang in, there, Mini-Dit! Use smog attack! (Mini-Dit creates a smog cloud of its own and fills up the stadium)
 
Blaine: Using my tricks, eh? I'll just solve this problem how you solved it. Magmar, burn away the smog! (Magmar begins to burn away the smog with its flamethrower attack)
 
Duplica: Now, Mini-Dit! Tackle attack! (Mini-Dit comes out of the smog and runs into Magmar, setting it off balance) Turn around and head butt it! (The staggering Magmar tries to move out of the way, but Mini-dit is too quick, Magmar is knocked to the ground) Yes!
 
Blaine: Magmar, get up! (Magmar tries to get up, but is unable to do so)
 
Announcer: Magmar is unable to battle. Mini-Ditto is the winner, and Duplica wins the match!
 
Duplica: Come here, Mini-Dit! (Mini-Dit returns to its original form and goes to Duplica) You did great! Thanks! (Hugs Mini-Dit)
 
Blaine: Congrats! You beat me, I remember now why it;s difficult to go against Ditto's. That Mini-Ditto was really something; it had the powers of my Magmar, but was much faster. Good match! (Walks over to Duplica and shakes her hand) I hope to battle you again some day.
 
Duplica: Sure, that would be nice. (Ash, Brock, and Misty come up and start talking to Duplica, congratulating her and thanking her and Blaine for an awesome battle)
 
After a short time, the group says goodbye to Blaine and heads to the dock.
 
Ash: Well, we missed the last ferry for the day heading in that direction. I guess we'll have to camp out tonight.
 
Misty: Wait Ash, hold on a second. Is that Marin over there?
 
Brock: Who's Marin?
 
Ash: Marin was the captain of that boat that we were on just before that adventure in the Orange Islands. I thought I told you about that, where I had to restore the balance to the Orange Islands and the world...
 
Brock: Oh, yeah. I remember now. Didn't Misty save you from drowning, and Team Rocket even helped out?
 
Duplica: (Confused) Team Rocket HELPED you guys out? They're weird. They try and do bad things all of the time, that doesn't fit their character.
 
Misty: I'll tell you the whole story on our way to the Orange Islands, Ash will fill in anything I miss. I almost lost him there... (Stops talking suddenly)
 
Ash: Hey, Misty. It's ok. (Puts his arm around her) I'm alive thanks to you. Come on, let's go see if that's really Marin.
 
Misty: Ok.
 
The whole group walks down the dock, to the last pier, where a woman is walking around a boat, checking out various gages and dials.
 
Ash: Is that you, Marin?
 
Marin: (Startled) Huh? (Turns around) Oh, my! Its Ash and Misty!
 
Misty: It's been a while. How are you doing?
 
Marin: I'm fine. I almost didn't recognize you two, you look more grown up and you have a different look. (Looks behind Ash and Misty) Who are these other two people with you here?
 
Misty: Ash and I decided it was time for a change. Marin, this is Brock, our other traveling companion, and Duplica, a Ditto Trainer and former owner of the Imite House.
 
Marin: Nice to meet you two.
 
Brock: Likewise.
 
Duplica: Nice to meet you.
 
Marin: I was about to head out, I was here for some R & R, and I was going to head back to the Orange Islands. You guys headed that way?
 
Misty: Actually we are, Marin. We're on the trail of Team Rocket, and we heard from a reliable source that they maybe in the Orange Islands area.
 
Ash: We just came here early today and found evidence that they were here after the Kanto bombings.
 
Marin: I heard about the four bombings. (Sighs) Just terrible! They hit your hometowns, right?
 
Brock: That's right. They also blew up Duplica's Imite House!
 
Marin: Well, I can see why you four would be after them. Why don't you come with me, and I'll help you look for them. Those rotten people should be brought to justice.
 
Ash & Misty: Thanks!
 
Brock & Duplica: We owe yah one!
 
Marin: No problem. Get on board, and we'll head out.
 
Ash, Misty, Brock, and Duplica board the boat, which soon zips off toward the Orange Islands. Meanwhile, Team Rocket is set to set off the next set of bombs.
 
Jessie: Let's go! Bombs are ready! (Gets into the boat that is docked next to the secret base that they had been staying in)
 
James: Right! (Boards the boat)
 
Meowth: (Pushes a button, causing the base to sink down into the ground, and the undergrowth to cover it again) Perfect! Let's go! (Meowth hops into the boat, which takes off towards New Bark Town in the Johto region)
 
Two minutes later, flash fires and explosions rock the island. Smoke is everywhere. Four hours later, the boat with Ash, Misty, Brock, Duplica, and Marin on it approaches the island. The sun is almost set.
 
Ash: Isn't that Tracey's hometown over there? Looks like there's a lot of smoke coming up from over there!
 
Misty: Oh no! Not another bombing! Quick, Brock, call your friend and see if he has any info about this bombing. Team Rocket still must be somewhere nearby.
 
Brock: (Dialing a number on the Pokedex) (Talking on the phone) Hello? Hey! What's going on with this latest bombing? Oh, I see... you say a boat was seen zooming off in a SW direction just after the bombings... thanks, bye. (Hangs up the connection, turns off the pokedex)
 
Duplica: What did he say?
 
Brock: I was just told that a suspicious boat was seen heading SW out of here just prior to the bombings. That would put it on a beeline straight for the Johto region.
 
Ash: We gotta stop them!
 
Marin: I agree. I'm turning the ship around, adjusting our course. You guys get in the cabin, I'm going to turn on the new turbo engines I just installed. (The other four passengers head down into the cabin and buckle up, as Marin turns on the turbo engines, shooting the boat forward at an incredible rate of speed) (Flipping a switch) Auto-pilot should be fine out here. (Walks down to the cabin) Hope you guys are ok, those engines have quite a kick to them.
 
Ash: Where did you get those turbo engines?
 
Marin: I picked those up from Shimouti Island last time I was there. The engines allow me to get around much quicker, and I can take long trips without spending days at sea.
 
Duplica: Neat. Now Ash, tell me the story of your Lugia adventure.
 
Ash: Well, it started when... (Ash and Misty tell the story of Pokemon 2000 to Brock and Duplica, who eagerly listen.)
 
As this chapter ends, two boats can be seen heading zooming towards Johto. One is closing on the other however.
 
To be continued in Chapter 7: Return To Johto.