Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Twinkle ❯ Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hina: I came up with this idea one day and I hope that everyone likes it. Enjoy.

------------------------------
Twinkle
By: Tygra’s Wife Oracle
-------------------------------

Prologue
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are

She laughed and giggled, her small hands gripping the soft blue feathers of the large sky blue Pokémon on whose back she rode upon. The wind flew through her hair, tossing each brown lock about her face. She felt like she was riding on a cloud. For the soft fluffy white body of this graceful Pokémon resembled a cloud, only its head, with its long, elegant neck, two long fluffy antennae like feathers trailing out of its head, and its tail feathers all poked out of the fluffy cloud like body. The body parts that poked out of the white cloud were blue. It was an Altaria, her favorite Pokémon of all times.

They were flying higher into the sky, breaking through the silvery-white, but fluffy mist of clouds surrounding them. The Altaria was beginning to carry her to new heights now. She could see stars shining in the distance. They were shimmering like tiny moons. Twinkling. Glimmering. If only she could touch them…

Suddenly a voice broke through the chorus of the song that the Altaria chimed. “Katarin…”

She blinked her eyes and stared at the Altaria she was riding. Its dark blue eyes stared back at her. It opened its beak, but the beautiful chirping didn’t come out. Instead, her name escaped its lips.

“Katarin.”

Do Pokémon speak? Sure Chatot can mimic the words of their trainers, and Psychic Pokémon can use telepathy to talk, but could Pokémon verbally talk like Humans?

She blinked again as a loud screech met her ears. It was then that vision of stars and clouds faded away and she began to drop back down to Earth, with the Altaria fading away.