Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Wandering ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whee! Chapter 9!
DISCLAIMER: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This fanfic belongs to me under international copyright laws.
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italic if a pokemon talks
Lance: Oh?
Phantomness: No romance yet, he's only 11…
Ash: Eww! I'm engaged to Misty! That's not fair!
Shoyko: I find writing and life highly unfair…
Chapter 9
 
She had been an awful snob before she left, demanding two baths of hot water each day, and making Ash wait on her hand and foot.
Delia did not dare complain, although she smarted inwardly.
The Seven ignored Misty, except for Bob. He actually seemed interested in her.
“Pedophile.”
“Do you think he?”
“I know those things.” Koga said. “Does he think I have no eyes? He looks at you, too…”
“Bob… he has expressed a wish to court me… I refused him…”
“Aya, I will stand behind you whatever you will. Even if by heaven's chance you marry him…”
“Thank you.” Aya said. Koga held her as if they were still children.
He and Aya were related by blood in the Seven Stars, but the rest of their `brothers', affectionate terms, were not.
It was fine.
 
Ash was brushing his Strawberry when Misty appeared in the stables.
“Brush my horse.” She said.
Ash glared. However, he did not want to complain, especially since there were still ten soldiers around. Not that he couldn't attack them and win, but…
Leaving Strawberry, who gave him a reproachful look, he picked up his brush and began combing the brown dirt and gray dust off her formerly white horse. How in the world had it gotten so dirty?
He didn't _want_ to marry her! It was another injustice of the Cerulean Invaders! Damn them… now it was personal.
However, Agatha had warned him not to complain.
They might decide to kill him. Then… well, even seven could only hold out so long against the entire army…
It wasn't fair.
 
He spent almost an hour on that stupid horse, before he went back to Strawberry and rubbed her down until she was happy.
Misty came back and said the horse wasn't clean enough, what sort of stupid stick was he, and to do it again.
Thankfully, Surge came along and said he would do it, Ash had better run along off to class.
“Thank you, Teacher Surge!”
 
He felt Misty's eyes on him as he practiced with the trident, Aya keeping an eye on him.
“Ow!”
“Don't keep your eyes in one position, Ash.” Aya said. The whack on the knuckles hadn't even been that forceful…
“Hahaha! You dropped it!” Misty laughed.
Ash picked up the weapon, gritted his teeth, and tried again. Still, with Misty's constant nagging voice making comments, it was hard.
Aya ended the lesson early.
Misty flounced off for another bath.
“I know Misty is a little bitch,” Aya said, “But you can't show anger…”
“Teacher Aya…”
“Think of it as a lesson in itself. You will not always fight in silence, will you?”
He hadn't thought of that.
“It's like special training.”
“That is the right attitude, child, now run along.”
 
“You seem preoccupied.”
Bruno sighed. “Princess.”
“Another one?” Brock looked surprised. “What are all these girls doing so far from Cerulean? Is she pretty?”
“Same one.” Bruno spat.
“Ah…”
Brock took care of his two younger sisters and one younger brother by himself, and he lived about six miles away.
Their parents had both been killed and quartered and burned by the Cerulean army, his mother… desecrated before death.
He bore no love for them.
However, Brock did have one weakness. Beautiful women. Thankfully, there was an amazing shortage of that in this remote region.
Bruno had slept with him once or twice already, but he wasn't sure if he were in love. However, Brock was attractive, even if it was narcissist.
 
Misty had gone off exploring on her own.
Now, she was nowhere to be seen. They had traveled five miles around to search for her.
Stupid girl! They'd lose their heads to her selfish whims. Actually, perhaps that was what she earnestly desired…
“Ah!”
“What's wrong?”
“They… there… Agatha, there's a skull here!”
“What?” Agatha stood up, gripping her oaken staff. “Are you certain?”
“Yes.”
“There's one over here too!” Aya recoiled in disgust.
“And here!” Bruno said from another direction.
“Oh no…”
 
“Agatha, what's wrong?”
“This is the mark of the Black Wind Assassins… tell me, are the skulls placed at four cardinal points?”
“Yes.” Bob said.
“And beneath each skull, is there carved a small `R'?”
“Yes!”
“Listen.” Agatha said. “The sun is setting. I want you all to leave. Go back to Delia's house, take Ash, and ride a thousand leagues to the west. Wait for me there. If I do not return in ten days, don't return and don't wait any longer!”
“What are you saying? We're a team.” Aya broke in. “We won't leave you! We swore the oath of brotherhood!”
“Yes.” Bruno grunted.
“We're not leaving you.” Koga declared.
“We'll all suffer together, and celebrate victory together. That is what we promised.” Surge said, remarkably eloquent for once.
Agatha was touched as she stretched out her hand. The others followed.
The seven of them clasped hands in brotherhood, maybe for the last time, before Agatha sighed. “Very well. Years before I met the rest of you, I had an older brother named Samuel Oak. We were known as the twin flyers, he the dragon and I the bat. However, we ran into the Black Wind Assassins, and they killed my brother. I lost my eyesight then as well…”
“Now, you want revenge.” Lance deduced.
“Yes. Now. All of you; hide yourselves. I shall stand here as bait. Upon my signal, attack! I thought they were dead, but they hid here, and now… it may be too late… to win… and not all of us may make it out alive…”
They hid and scattered.
 
Meanwhile, Ash rode towards the hills with a bucket of steamed dumplings. His mom had sent him to bring dinner to his teachers…
 
End chapter
Completed 8/27/04
Cliffhanger! *Laughs*