Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ Closure ❯ All That's Left ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If anything in this story relates to any people, places, etc., chances are I drew from living characters, and maybe a few ideas came from things, but I don't own any like shows, characters, etc.





Part One -
That's Left






Another cold, rainy day fell upon the near lifeless area on the Californian coast. The gray land was damp and frozen under the sky of heavy clouds that rolled endlessly over the land. Winds whipped the suffering trees without mercy. All had the feeling of dead life.

A small house was no exception to the depressing state the land was in. It looked old and faded. Inside a woman, near twenty-five, stood at the front door, looking out the windows on either side of the oak door, observing the despair with an emotionless expression. She was a small, thin, almost timid looking woman. Her face and what was revealed of her arms was extremely thin, almost sickening to behold. Her skin was pale white and dark circles ringed her dark brown eyes that appeared almost black behind overlayered eyeliner. Her death white skin was even more white against the layers of black clothes. Fishnets were on either arm, hiding the numerous scars on her wrists from self-cutting. There was even the slight visibility of a deep scar on her neck beneath several spiked necklaces, where she'd even attempted to end life there.

The woman sighs, followed by a deep intake of air into her tired lungs. Her brown hair with its faded red highlights hung uselessly to her elbows. As she bowed her head to study the hardwood floor without intrest, it poured over her shoulders to beside her face.Two giant dark brown duffel bags sat at either side of the pale woman.

A deep silence overtook the house, besides the sounds of the wind and rain beating on the old house. Then the light rustling of socks on carpet came into earshot as another woman appeared at the end of the hall, in the living room. She was dressed in nothing more than pajamas as she studided the pale white woman's back. She looked as though something had dawned on her that she was expecting.

"You're leaving?"

The pale white girl didn't even turn, nor reply.

The woman looked frustrated. She was slightly more pleasant to look at than the dark image before her, with her black hair neatly placed into a bun, a dark red long-sleeve shirt and plaid pajama bottoms. Even her skin, despite the grayness of the day, seemed tan and flawless. Though her face looked old and haggard with signs that it once had been bright and happy. She took a few steps towards the girl.

"Answer me, Rayn!!" she said with instant anger, then with a pleading voice, "Please.."

The woman in black moved her head a little and responded, "Yeah, I'm going".

The other woman dropped her head in dismay,"After all this...can't..won't you atleast think about it first??" she plead.

"Michala, I've thought this over almost a year now" Rayn spoke with a low, lifeless voice.

Michala wrung her hands, exsasperated, "Would you atleast tell Torn bye, since you obviously won't to me?!" she cried.

Rayn took a sharp breath at Michala saying "Torn", her heart thudded violently, "Give him my regards" she said and started to pick up the bags at her side.

"Funny, and I actually believed you cared about him, seeing how no one else wanted anything to do with you after-" began Michala coldly but trailed off at the memory, Rayn flinched slightly, but was too weak to fight again with anyone, "but obviously not".

Rayn clutched the bags in both thin arms and opened the door. She stepped out onto the steps and sat her bags down. She turned to glance at Michala for a few brief seconds before closing the door completely. Grabbing the duffel bags again, she turned against the winds as they chilled her to the bone and whipped back her hair wildly. Silently she made her way down the stairs, off the covered porch, and out into the stinging cold rain, towards her car.

Somehow, Rayn knew she should feel some sense of closure or ending or something, but nothing inside was alive. Not even something as strong as this could affect the barrier set between her and the world. Maybe once she'd had a heart, maybe once she would have cried non-stop at a time like this, but not now. Not after all that had happened. It felt almost impossible to recreate what she once was, and who was trying? Rayn had simply accepted her defeat rather than fight for any sense of happiness. Now she was only a prisoner to sorrow. Never knowing when she'd smile again, truly smile, with that warm feeling inside that gave her purpose. Not even if she'd ever feel more than the neverending sense of overwhelming despair. More than anxious, nervous and hollowness. And all of this had come on her own fault, she'd ripped herself to bits inside. She'd done it and thought nothing of how she forced herself to suffer. She never even cared.

more to this story, but it'll come later. I promise happiness, not as angsty as the first part. But if you read this, please review.