Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ Knights Of The Past ❯ What really happened ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jou-chan: hiya!

Another one from school, so I'm gunna type before I get in trouble!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her body remained still. Just as it had remained for 16 long years. But there was something different looming in the air around her. Someone was there with her. Two other people ly undisturbed by the presents of an unknown life force.

The figure advanced towards the girl. She looked so delicate, that even a since touch out cause her to break. The figure reached up a tan hand and carefully caressed her pale cheek.

Beautiful.

She was so beautiful.

But why would someone that looked so pure, be locked away in this place filled with darkness? What had she done to deserve this? Reaching his hand up to her forehead, he pressed his fingers to the soft skin ever so lightly. He would find out by reading her mind.

Concentrating on this task, he searched her memories. Image after image flashed before his eyes. He noticed that she had flinched as he was doing this. Was it that it hurt her to remember her past? It hurt her so much that she would flinch even in the deepest of sleep?

A few minutes more, and he had found what it was that he was looking for. The people she was with... they had betrayed her, and this was an act she did in an act to save the people she loved. But one in particular. A man with silver/white hair and purple eyes. He seemed to have some power over sound as they memory told him.

The man's face darkened, then turned into an evil smirk... those were the Leafe Knights. It seemed that this girl was one as well. How he hated those damn knights. But this girl caught his interest.

And seeing as she was hurt so greatly by her fellow knights, he could use her against them. The dark looking vines around her seemed to tighten for a moment around her limbs. So that is what kept her there truly.

Moving his hands again, he placed one on a part of the vines. Smirking again, the vines all caught fire and slowly started to burn off of her.

Burn marks remained were the vines had once been. Her pale skin started to glow as a result to the absent vines. She was waking up. Waking up from her many years of sleep.

Chocolate brown hair seemed to float up from around her as he Leafe was slowly restored. But she wasn't the only on waking up. The two young men around her started to glow as well. They were her to comrades that had died along with her 16 years ago. He could use them as well.

Slowly, her eyes opened to reveal mesmerizing emerald orbs. Her eyes were as stunning as her face, adding to her incredible beauty. And yet she didn't move as if she was waiting for something.

The vine burned off of the two men lying next to her, and some they opened to their eyes as well. The first had black hair with aqua tips. His skin was pale as well, and his eyes were a piercing aqua. The second had a silver white color hair and had stunning icy blue eyes. Again, his skin was as pale as the other two.

The man looked at the three people in amazement. These people had been the ones betrayed, and yet, they had died. What was wrong with that picture? Oh well, all the more reason for them to join him in revenge against the other leafe knights.

"Well, well. What do we have hear?" the man asked gaining the attention of the three revived knights.

"Who...Who the hell are you?" the boy with the silver hair asked in a scratchy voice. The three had come together in an effort to protect each other. The girl in the middle and behind the two boys.

"Well, that sure is a nice way to greet the person that brought you back to life. You could at least say thank you." The man said in a cocky tone. Stepping into the light, the three were able to get a good look at his feature.

He was a tan man with messy and somewhat but not really long black hair. He had silver eyes and tanned skin and looked to be in his early 20s. He was wearing a loose pair of tan pants and a tight black shirt. (a/n: basically think Homura from Saiyuki, with tanned skin, silver eyes, and no robe.)

"That still does not answer our question. Now if you would be so kind to collaborate with us, and please tell us your name, we may be able to get some where." The boy with silver hair replied.

"Hn. Very well, my name is Lord Mamoru. And if I'm not mistaken, you three were Leafe Knights, correct?" the man, now known as Mamoru asked with a smirk on his face as he saw the surprised looks on the knights faces.

The girl looked doing and whimpered receiving a very concerned glance from her two comrades.

"It would seem that I was right." Mamoru commented as he smirked again. This gained him glares from the two young knights.

"So what if we were? What do you want with us?" asked my black haired boy, his voice scratchy as well. Mamoru had to laugh at this. He was going to love this.

"Well, I'll save time and cut strate to the point. Do you want revenge on the Leafe Knights? Revenge on the people that betrayed you all, and were the cause of your deaths?" with this said, the three knights eyes widened, and a gasp escaped their lips.

The girl stared in horror, almost as if she had just witnessed a murder. Her breathing picked up and she fell to her knees in a desperate attempt to over come the sudden loss of breath she had. The two boys looked back at her as a violent sounding coughing fit racked through her body.

"NAOMI!" they both cried as they rushed toward her, the black haired one holding her in his arms while the other grasped her hands.

Mamoru watched from afar, a smirk clearly on his face. His plan was working perfectly. Even if they refused his offer, which he figured they would, he decided to get dirty in order to get them to help him. He cast a spell on the girl.

"Naomi! Hold on, you're going to be alright!" the dark haired boy cried as he held her tightly. It seemed that these three were extremely close thanks to the time they spent dead.

"Kuro! What the hell is going on with her?!" the silver haired boy asked, seeing the girl, now known as Naomi, coughing up a bit of blood. The black haired boys eyes narrowed in frustration of not being able to do anything for her.

"I don't know, Ryo... I don't know..." he said in a weak yet angered voice.

~Meanwhile~

Sasame's head shot up, a cold sweat lined his forehead. He remembered it. The remembered them. The day that three of his fellow knights had died in an effort to save everyone else.

"Sasame?" came a little voice from below him. Sasame looked down to see the emerald orbs of Shin staring up at him in concern. Whipping the sweat away, he smiled sweetly down at the boy.

"I'm fine Shin. I just had a bad dream." He replied, getting a small smile back from the little knight.

Shin giggled and grabbed Sasame's hand, pulling him out of bed and down the stairs to the portal to earth.

"Shin, were are we going?" Sasame asked the small boy. Shin smiled.

"To Himeno's for a party? Remember?" he asked the older male with a kind smile.

"Sorry, I suppose I forgot there... ok, lets go!" he replied suddenly remembering the get together they all had planned. But the knights knew that it was only to get their minds off of their loss, in the past.

~Later~

it was around 10 pm and everyone was at Himeno's house, just lazing around after their party.

"Wow, that really was fun, we should do this every year!" Go cheered, hinting on the subject of that day, yet still trying to act as if nothing was wrong.

"I suppose, but we should really try not to make it as rowdy as this one was." Kei reported looking around the messy room.

"Hey Sasame? Are you okay, you don't seem like yourself today..." Himeno asked as she trailed off a little. Sasame looked up as she spoke, almost as if he had forgotten about everyone.

"Sorry I'm fine, I was just thinking..." the knight of sound replied with reassuring voice.

"You were thinking about them, weren't you?" Hayata asked as if he already knew the answer to that. Sasame looked down, his hair shadowing his eyes.

"Yes, I was... is something wrong with that?" he asked in a weak voice. He missed the three former knights greatly.

"No, but you shouldn't punish yourself for it. It wasn't your fault." Kei reported as he looked down at the ground.

"Huh? What are you guys talking about?" Himeno asked as she looked at the four older Leafe Knights. But before they answered, Mannen spoke up.

"I don't know either. They are always so sad on this day every year. I think they said it was because the former Leafe Knight's of Earth, Water and Ice died on this day." Mannen answered suddenly sounding so much older then his normal, carefree kid attitude.

"Yeah, today is the anniversary of they day they died for us. We always remember it. Probably because if it weren't for us, then they would have been spared." Go started looking down with sad eyes.

"The old Knights were extremely powerful, and when they came to us saying that they didn't trust Takako, we pushed them away, saying that they had betrayed us and were not true knights." Kei added as he closed his golden eyes as if recalling the event.

"This truly hurt those three, so with the last honor they had left, they left Ophinea (Jou-chan: yeah, If anyone knows how to spell that, please tell me!). but they didn't give up entirely. They waited for the time when their decision about Takako turned out true, then they appeared again to fight for us." Hayata continued in the same saddened tone.

"At first, it was not their intention to seal Takako away. When they had arrived, they were planning to kill her. But we all had been wounded badly, and they were trying their best to fight for us, but trouble soon arouse when it ended up a showdown between one Knight and Takako." Sasame declared as he played the memory over in his mind.

"The Knight that was going to fight Takako, was Takako's greatest enemy on all of us. She was the only female Leafe Knight, the former knight of earth. Her name was Naomi, and she was the first to get the feeling that Takako wasn't as good as she seemed. She was also one of the most powerful knights, and she stubborn when it came to fighting too." Go revealed as a small smile spread to his lips remembering all of the times that Naomi had hurt herself after refusing their help.

"Anyways, after things started to get to the point were they would both die if they didn't stop, the two other knights, the Knights of Water and Ice, managed to help get Takako down. By doing this, gave the three a chance to seal her in a tomb for 16 years until she broke out and started our episode." Kei finished as he looked up to see Himeno's and the three little knights reactions.

Himeno was looking at the ground, a look of shock in the pink eyes. Mannen, Hajime, and Shin had an expression similar to hers, only they had tears in their eyes, instead of shock.

"So, that is who we are supposed to replace? How could you have done that to them?! I mean, if you would have just listened to them, then none of this would have happened!" Mannen cried as the tears started to make their way down his face. The other two nodded in agreement.

"We didn't know! None of us were able to feel any darkness in Takako's heart when we Preated with her! We all just thought they were jealous and got mad at them!" Hayata exclaimed trying to make his mistake more clear.

The little argument would have gone on farther, that is until a surge was sent through everyone there.

"What is this?!" Himeno cried as she hugged herself before Hayata was able to get to her.

"There are four people that have come to earth with extreme power!" Kei explained as he switched into his Knight clothing, as well as the others.

"They feel so familiar..." Sasame trailed off as he started thinking who these people might be.

"Sasame..." Hayata seemed to realize it too, and was thinking the same thing.

"Quick, we must go to their Tomb!" Sasame shouted as he took off toward their destination.

~Back to the Others~

"How is she doing, Kuro?" asked the silver haired boy, Ryo.

"Huh? Oh, she seems to be doing okay, she's stopped coughing, and is asleep right now. It's strange though, I thought she would have healed that by now. I mean, she's been asleep for 16 years." The black haired boy, Kuro answered his friend.

They both looked down at the girl sleeping between them. They loved her so, but their love was more in like a sibling way. Besides, she had loved someone else far more then that.

"That was some job you did there. But what do you think caused it?" Mamoru asked with a smirk clearly on his face. The two teen glared at him.

"What the hell did you do to her?!" Ryo bellowed as his glare deepened. Mamoru started laughing at this.

"What the hell is so funny you god damned bastard?!" Kuro shot out, his glare even scarier. If looks could kill, Mamoru would be six feet under by now.

"No need to get too defensive there. I simply cast a spell on her. I did the same to the two of you. You are now under my control, and if you defy me, then you shall suffer, just as she did there. But that was just a warning. Next time it will be much worse. So be aware, you three now belong to me, and weather you like it or not, you will help me kill the Leafe Knights!" Mamoru explained as another laugh erupted from his throat.

Kuro and Ryo's glared went to a look of horror, right back to a glare ten times worse.

"Why do damned..." ryo trailed off before a small voice interrupted this little speech.

"Kuro... Ryo..." Naomi whispered as she curled up tighter next to the teens. Their attention snapped down to her as they made sure she wasn't in pain. A sigh escaped their lips.

"It's okay Naomi, we won't let anything else happen to you..." Kuro whispered back giving her hand a soft squeeze as she settled back down.

"It's not like we have much of a choice. But if we do it, will you promise to let us go? Or at least just Naomi?" Ryo asked taking hold of her other hand. Mamoru stopped laughing for a moment to answer them.

"Yes, you do this for me, and you all will be given your freedom. But that is only if you do as I tell you, got it?" he declared with a look of amusement on his face.

"If that is what we must do to help her, then very well." Kuro gave in with a angry voice. He hated being someone else's pawns. But he couldn't let his friends suffer, and he did want a little revenge on the Knights, but not really enough to act on.

"Excellent. Let us go to earth then, where the knights often are with their new Pretear." Mamoru ordered getting a gasp out of the teens again. Oh, this was going to be so much fun for him.

And so they left for earth, were the three Knights would be forced to fight for this creep, against the very people that betrayed them. Wasn't life so grand?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jou-chan: okay, that's the first chapter! Hope you all like it, since I'm doing it in school and all! Please review and I'll try and post the next chappy soon! Ja ne!