Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ Neo VS The Hulk ❯ Neo VS The Hulk ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neo Vs The Hulk

The sky is blue. It’s always been this way, since the first sunrise, since the first dawn of man, it has, and forever will be, blue. White cotton candy floats against this blue canvas, clouds, as the breeze at this altitude is unfelt by this being, a black speck to anyone who even attempts to keep an eye on him.

Neo shoots passed the Atlantic, the clouds twisting and meandering in his wake. The expression on his face that of a calm and serene individual. He has done this ‘superman thing’ one thousand times. No sweat. He shed none.

His cell phone rang as he flew over an industrial ship. He descended a few yards lower, dropping altitude, he pulled his cell phone out, a plate shot open, revealing the mouthpiece, and he put it to his ear.

“Hello?”

“Neo, are you sure you want to get the next target now? You’ve already picked up one a few hours ago in the European area…we don’t need two in one day, we can free his mind tomorrow…”

“Its all right Trinity…I enjoy the fresh air…”

“All right then...”

“What’s this ones name by the way?”

“Bruce Banner…are you sure you want to get this one right away? You didn’t even remember his name…”

Neo laughed.

“I’m sure. Background check?”

“Nothing much…scientist…lives in the New York area…”

“That’s all I needed…I’ll pick him up and have him back before dinner…”

“Not that he’d enjoy it…”

“All right, I’ll be waiting…”

She hung up; Neo slid the phone into a concealed pocket by his waist, and ascend higher into the sky.

New York; the apartment of a Dr. Banner, he sat at his computer typing in his online journal.

“I haven’t gained any control over my…alter ego…I still get that rush, that pleasure, when I turn into this modern day Jekyll…but in other news…my computer has been acting up lately…something about ‘The Matrix.’ I myself have no idea what it is, someone’s trying to contact me, I know this much…I—”

There was a knock at the door.

Banner saved, then closed everything on his computer and shut it down.

Knock, knock.

“Mr. Banner?”

“Hold on a second…” He got out of his chair and walked over to his bedroom door, “how the hell did he know my name…”

He pulled off a tarp that laid over a set of television sets showing his apartment door, two men in black suits stood thin front of it.

“Feds…”

“Mr. Banner…”

“One second…” He turned off the sets, grabbed a bag filled with his things that he had pre-prepared, and went over to the window, he opened it and looked down into the alley way as he set his feet down on the fire escape and went down the ladder to the ground.

“Knock it down…”

Agent Brown kicked the door open with one foot; it flew five yards across the room and into a wall.

Agent Brown and Agent Nixon walked in.

“No sign of life…he’s running…” Agent Brown said.

“Why do they always run?” Agent Nixon sighed.

Banner ran down an alleyway, keeping his eyes behind his shoulder, he turned to face forward and slowed down, a dead end.

“No…” He groused silently.

“No indeed Mr. Banner…”

A voice spoke from behind, Banner turned around to see Agents Nixon and Brown.

“What do you want from me?” He dropped his bag, “…are you Feds?”

They laughed.

“No Mr. Banner…we’re far more efficient…we’ve come to kill you Mr. Banner…” Agent Brown pulled out his gun, Nixon did the same.

“What? Why?” His eyes shook with curiosity and fear as he backed away slowly.

“Because, the rebels have chosen you as their next target…they want you to join in their cause against The Matrix…” Agent Nixon explained.

“The Matrix…” Banner seemed to be feeling a little out of the loop, so confused.

“You’re extremely smart Mr. Banner, we cant have you working for the enemy…”

Banner dropped to his knees doubling over.

“My name isn’t Banner…” He moaned in pain, “…you’re making me angry.”

Nixon and Brown laughed in a serious tone.

“We are? Mr. Banner…”

“My name isn’t Banner…”

“If your name is not Banner, Mr. Banner…then what is it?”

Banner whipped his head up; his eyes had gone from brown to green.

Not crap green, not light green, not dark green, not yellow green, not forest green, not melon green.

But a Hulk green.

Neo stared down at the clouds as he made his way across the ocean; he had slowed down, taking in the scenery, his phone rang, he pulled it out.

“Hello?”

“Yes?”

“Neo…we have a problem…”

“What is it Link?”

“The Matrix, its code, its changed…”

“What? What changed?”

“Banner…he doesn’t seem to exist anymore…his code just got replaced a second ago…”

“Replaced with what?”

“Something huge…”

The brick wall which stopped Banner from escaping was now gone. Destroyed. Obliterated.

The Hulk had rammed the skulls of Agents Brown and Nixon through it, creating a detour into a busy street. He threw them into the air and watched as they landed on a roof across the street, he looked to his left, and then right, as cars and bystanders stopped, they looked at him in fear.

“I AM NO BANNER!”

He roared and continued north.

“I’ll pick up the pace…I doubt the agents overwrote his code just to stop us from reaching him…”

“Especially with this new code…its powerful man…”

“I’ll see you later.”

Neo dropped his phone; it cut through the thick clouds and fell into the ocean.

The Hulk made his way down to Time Square, destruction his signature for this poem that could only be called Chaos. He looked at himself on the jumbo-tron; he liked the way he looked.

“HULK!”

He spun around; half a dozen tanks were aimed at him. A sergeant in front with his speakerphone.

“THIS IS THE LAST TIME! We will not allow you to get away with this!”

“Uh?”

“FIRE!”

Three of the six tanks let a missile out from their turrets, Hulk stands still as they come, in a matter of moments, a cloud of smoke is all that there is left.

“Easier than I thought…” The sergeant turned around, a noise could be heard from behind, and he slowly turned around.

The Hulk roared as he beat his chest, a wall of fire surrounding him.

Neo doubled his speed, he was above ground now, thick clouds passing below him, he was close.

A huge object cut through the clouds coming towards him, he came to a sudden stop and dodged to the right, a tank flew passed him and flew continued gaining altitude.

“****.” Neo dived down towards the city.

The Hulk began batting tanks out of Times Square, armies shooting at him from all sides, their efforts useless.

“Move in! Move in!”

“But sir, my tank, its half way to the sun by now!”

“Grab a gun!”

“ARGH!”

Neo came into view, he watched as The Hulk swung a tank around, and around.

“Here’s our perpetrator…”

Hulk caught Neo in the corner of his eye and growled.

“Hulk must swat puny fly…”

Hulk let loose the tank, it flew towards Neo at a blinding speed, Neo braced himself and grabbed its turret in a swinging motion, he swung once, then twice, and let it back at the batter, it grounded The Hulk.

Neo slowly descended to the ground where a crater was formed.

“Hold your fire!” The sergeant ordered his men.
“Wait…” A man in a black suit came forward out of the army.

Neo turned his head, “Smith…”

“Fire once more…but at him.”

He smirked.

The soldiers fired their guns off at Neo; he placed his hand into the air, the bullets stopped.

“I’m sorry.”

The bullets pulled a 180, and went back to their owners; blood and screams could be heard and seen. A tank pulled forward, crushing everything in its path to get a clear shot of Neo, it was the last tank left over from the Hulks parade.

A missile ejected from the turrets outlet, it sped towards Neo, and came to an abrupt halt, an inch away from Neo. It held its position for seven seconds, and pulled back towards the tank in a straight line, as if someone had hit rewind and only the missile was being affected. It entered back into the turrets hole, moments later, the tank exploded like a gigantic firecracker.

A shadow came out of the fire.

“Mr. Anderson…very well done…”

“Smith, what do you want?”

“Nothing…nothing at all…my time with you, is the last time we will all have on Earth…”

“And that time is not now?”

“You’re The One Neo, you tell me…”

Smith turned around and went back for the fire.

“You’re not going to try and kill me?”

“Mr. Anderson…I leave that up to jolly green giant…”

Smith disappeared.

“Jolly green—?”

The ground exploded, The Hulk had returned, and he was angry.

Very Angry.