Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ One and Only ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
 
Author's note: Look who's back… back again. Ashlee's back. Tell a friend. That song isn't mine. This anime isn't mine. Hayate's not mine. Get off my back. (okay guys I have to tell you I'm not sure how much you missed but I lost the 3rd chapter sorry T.T and its been forever since I last updated...p.s. this is my friends and not mine)
 
 
 
Light spilled out Himeno's window and onto her face, seeping through the cracks of her eyelids. She stirred, grimaced, and threw a pillow over her head, trying to block out the horrid light from waking her. She had such a good dream that night, too! It actually felt like she had kissed Hayate. It was the best dream she'd had in her life!
“Rise and shine!” came a deep voice. Her eyes snapped open from beneath her pillow.
“Hayate?”
In a split second, the covers were ripped from her body and she curled up in a tight ball, a rush of cold air hitting her. She began to shiver, and the pillow was torn from her grasp. She blinked wildly, trying to adjust her eyes to the light.
“I- I'm g-gonna kill y-you…” she shivered, glaring at Hayate. He stood over her and looked at her sternly.
“You're going to be late for school,” he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. She threw her arm over her face and curled up more, throwing another glare at him.
“Who cares about school?” she grumbled. “I'm more tired than I usually am. It's like I've been up all night.”
“You were,” Hayate said, lifting an eyebrow. “Remember? The Demon Larvae?”
Her eyes slowly grew wide as she remembered the previous night. “So… it wasn't all a dream…?”
“No,” he said calmly. “You fought the Demon Larvae.”
Her face filled with heat. “And… you got hurt…?”
“Yeah…”
“And then…” she trailed off. Her face was now completely red and she was avoiding his gaze. “Okay.”
She heard him sigh. “Oh come on. It's not that big of a deal. It was just a kiss.”
“Eep!”
She heard him chuckle and she heard his footsteps come nearer. He placed his knuckle beneath her chin and brought it up so she would look at him. He covered her lips with his and slowly cupped her cheek, shooting warmth through her body again. When he pulled away, she was dizzy and couldn't focus.
“I'm awake now,” she said softly. He laughed and pulled away.
“Now get dressed. You need to get to school.”
 
 
Himeno sighed, tapping her pencil on her desk in boredom. Her teacher was talking, but she wasn't paying attention. She looked at the clock. They still had an hour to go. She moaned and rested her head on her desk. Maybe she could take a nap. Maybe that would pass the time quicker. But she couldn't sleep with all the thoughts running through her head.
She was snapped out of her daze when she heard tapping on the window next to her. She turned and looked out the window, but didn't see anything. She kept looking, and soon saw a hand on the side of the window, tapping on it now and then. She blinked, wondering if she was imagining things. They were on the second floor, after all. But they tapped again, and she looked more to the side.
She nearly screamed when she saw Hayate floating near the window, tapping on it, trying to get her attention. When she got over the shock, they made eye contact. With a serious expression, he indicated for her to meet him outside. She wasn't about to argue with him. She raised her hand to get the teacher's attention.
“Yes, Ms. Awayuki?” the teacher said.
“May I go to the restroom?” she said quickly. “It's an emergency.”
“Yes, but return soon,” the teacher said.
“Yes, sensei,” Himeno said, quickly exiting the room. She nearly ran down the halls of the school, anticipating what Hayate wanted to meet with her about. She busted out of the doors of the school and ran towards the place Hayate hand indicated earlier. She ran around the corner of the building, but didn't see him anywhere.
Frustrated, she muttered, “Where are you, you dolt?”
“Who are you calling a dolt, you idiot?” she heard a low voice come from behind her. She turned quickly, only to be face-to-face with Hayate. She screamed and fell back, surprised by his sudden intrusion.
“Don't… DO that!” she cried, rubbing her sore back. “That really hurt, you know.”
“Your fault for being a klutz,” he said, looking at her sternly, but there was a joking glint in his eye. She harrumphed and stood up, dusting herself off.
“Whatever. Now why'd you take me out of class?”
He looked at her seriously and said, “There's been a new development with the Demon Larvae.”
 
 
“WHAT???”
“That's right, Ms. Himeno,” Sesame said calmly, looking at her with serious eyes. “The Leafe Knights must go to America.”
“B… but why???” she asked, looking at all the knights.
“Our contacts there say there have been demon larvae attacks there,” Go said, folding his arms and leaning against a tree. “You see Leafe Knights aren't just in Japan. They're all over the world. There haven't been many attacks in America, but they've been getting worse lately, and there've been more of them. That's why we have to go, since we're the most powerful ones. Apparently, the demon larvae we saw here were kind of like decoys, so to speak.”
“Are there… more Pretears there?” she asked, the wheels in her head spinning madly.
“Yes, and that's what the American knights are concerned about,” Sesame said. “They know who the new Prince of Disaster is.”
“Did you say, `Prince of Disaster'?” she asked quietly.
“Yes. There, the Pretears are male and the knights are female.” She wasn't paying much attention, though. She furrowed her brow, thinking of everything she'd have to do.
“Okay,” she started, looking up at them with a determined look in her eye. “I've got to explain this to Mom and Dad first. They'll understand.” She stood up and began to pace. “Then we need to get airline tickets.”
“Ms. Himeno,” Sesame started, but she didn't hear him.
“And I need to learn English.”
“Um, Himeno?”
“How much time do we have? I've got to be fluent!”
“Himeno!”
“I can't go to a foreign country and not know the language!”
“HIMENO!”
She stopped when she ran into Hayate, who had moved in front of her to stop her track of pacing. “WHAT???”
Hayate sighed and said, “We've got airline tickets, your parents already know, and knights and Pretears already can speak to other people and they'll understand what they're saying. It's one of our powers.”
She stared up at him and blinked. “Oh.”
“And we're leaving in… “ He checked his watch. “…two hours. Looks like we need to be on our way. Come on.”
He grabbed her hand as the knights stood up and led her to the parking lot. She looked down and focused on their hands. She blushed and thought about how warm, strong, and large his hand was. It made her feel small and protected. She knew he was only dragging her and not holding her hand out of anything special, but she still felt happy inside because of it.
When she realized where she was going, she looked up at Hayate, who caught her look. She smiled nervously and said, “How long are we going to be gone?”
He shrugged and said, “Could be from two weeks to two months. Why?”
She sighed and said, “Sensei's going to think I'm on one looooooong bathroom break.”