Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ One and Only ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15
 
 
Author's note: Finally, we're here with the most adorable knight in our fanfiction, Shin! Say hello, Shin!
 
Shin: *giggle* Hello!
 
Me: XD He's so cute!!!!!!!!!! I just wuv `im!!! *hugs Shin* You're just soooo adorable!!!! Tell the readers that this anime doesn't belong to me, Shin.
 
Shin: It doesn't belong to her.
 
Me: XD Awwwwwww!!! We love you, Shin! Let's get onto our story!
Me: WAIT! One more thing! *whispers to Shin*
 
Shin: *giggles* Okay. Biyandios!
 
Me: XD Is he cute or what????
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
“Goh!” [AN: I decided to change the spelling. More details at end of chapter.] “Goh, where are you?”
Ashlee ran outside, desperately calling for him. She ran across the front yard and whipped open the door to the shed.
“IEEEK!!!” she screeched when she saw a large figure look at her in the dark. She found two pairs of eyes looking at her, and she began to slowly step back, thinking that it was something about to eat her. Demon larvae… bear… man-eating turtle. Whatever it was, it was staring right back at her with… four eyes?
She looked closer and made out not one living creature… but two. One was very tall with long blue hair, while the other was relatively short with short pink hair.
“Hayate?” she said tentatively. “Himeno???”
The two stepped out of the darkness, both with very red faces. Ashlee placed her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation.
“It's not what you think,” Himeno said hurriedly.
“Yeah,” Hayate voiced in. “I was just… showing her the tools in here.”
Ashlee shook her head and said, “Whatever. Have you guys seen Goh?” Both shook their heads and she sighed. “Alright.” She closed the door, saying, “You can go back to showing her your tool, Hayate.”
Before they could protest, the door closed and Ashlee turned on her heal. Where was that insufferable man? She began walking away from the shed, and then broke into a jog. He had to be somewhere around here.
She went to the kitchen and found Sasame and Takako drinking coffee. When she inquired about him, they shrugged and shook their heads. She went through all the rooms of the house, searching desperately for Goh. Geeze! When she didn't want him to be around, he was. And when she wanted him to be around, he wasn't! What the hell was up with that?
“Brian, do you know where Goh is by any chance?” she asked, breathless, as she opened the door to his, Hayate's, and Kei's room. He looked up from a book he was reading.
“Actually, yes,” he answered.
“Good!” she sighed. “Where?”
“At his new job.”
“New… job?”
“At a small café down the street,” he replied, going back to his book. “If you want, I'm sure you can go down there and pay him a visit.”
She shrugged, but silently she was cheering. “I don't really care or anything. I was just curious, you know.”
“Uh-huh,” he said disbelievingly. “And the way you rushed in, breathless and whatnot, was all out of…?”
“Curiosity,” she answered. He nodded and she turned on her heal to walk out of the room. “Thanks, Brian.”
“Sure thing,” he said, going back to his book and shaking his head. As soon as the door closed, Ashlee began to run down the hall, silently preparing for what she was about to do. It would be a little difficult with the fact that he would be at his job, but maybe she could pull it off.
 
 
Goh wiped the table in a circular motion, flashbacks of his job in Japan coming to him. He liked his job now. It had a good pay and good hours. Plus, he'd always had an appreciation for food and coffee. He hoped that when he was experienced enough, he'd be able to run his own café or food chain. In the meantime, he might be just a lowly waiter, but he was a damn good one.
He took the rag and placed it in his apron loop, sighed, and looked up. He did a double take when he saw the last person he'd think would come to this place. She had her baseball cap on backwards as always to hide her kitty ears from the public; a basketball jersey on top of a white t-shirt; and tight jeans with large, white tennis shoes under them.
She opened the door and the bell rang. She rubbed her arm self-consciously and looked around. He was in the back of the room, so he wasn't sure if she had seen him yet. He ducked into the back, hiding from her view and at the same looking as though he was working. He watched as she sat at a small table and half-heartedly glanced through the menu.
He saw one of the waiters walking towards her, and he hurried over to him. He put his hand on the guy's shoulder.
“Let me take this one,” he said. “You've been working hard all day. You look like you could use a break.”
The guy looked surprised, but readily accepted the offer. Goh whipped out his order book and his pencil, taking large strides to her table. As he stepped up, she still buried her face in the menu, not bothering to look up. But she seemed to know that a waiter was there, because she began to speak.
“I'm not really sure I want much,” she mumbled from behind the menu. “Maybe just a glass of water.”
“Are you sure that's all you want?” he asked. He saw her freeze from behind the menu, and she slowly looked up at him. She offered a weak smile, as her face grew red.
“Hi, Goh,” she said softly. He smiled, but ignored the comment.
“Miss, may I offer the special for today?” he said. He watched her smile fade and she looked at him in confusion.
“Umm, excuse me?” she asked. He came behind her and pointed at some random part of the menu, pretending for anyone who may be looking to be working.
“The special for today,” he murmured in her ear, “is very special indeed. It's a date to a small Italian restaurant tonight at 6. If you're up for it, that is.”
He came back to his full position and looked as though ready to take her order. She was smiling and blushing.
“I think I'll take the special,” she said, trying desperately to act like nothing was amiss here. “And a coke, please.”
“You bet,” he said with a wink. He jotted down the coke, but left out the special. He retrieved the coke and set it in front of her immediately. She smiled.
“And how much does this cost?” she asked, getting out a small purse.
“Here,” he said, giving her a written out receipt. She took it and watched as he walked away. He left her with her heart beating quickly in her chest and her breath caught in her throat. She picked up the receipt and grinned when she read what it said:
Coke's on me. Pick you up at 6. Glad you came around, Flame Tail.
She picked up her tiny purse after finishing her Coke and looked at her watch. She had three hours. She wanted to make this first date a good one.
 
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
 
Author's Note: As I promised earlier, I am explaining why I chose to change Goh's name spelling. Have you seen the ending credits to Pretear? If you have, you know what I'm talking about when I say that they change the spelling of their names about halfway through the series.
 
See, what happened was I was doing “research” to find out how to spell their names. It started out that Hayate's name was spelled Hayata, because that's how it was spelled up until the 7th episode or so. Then I went on the Internet, saw that people were spelling it Hayate, and thought I had gone crazy or something. So, the spellings were Go and Hayata in the first half, but Goh and Hayate in the second half.
 
I have discovered that I prefer Goh and Hayate as spellings rather than the former, so I'm going with that from now on. Thank you for reading my pathetic, pointless ramblings.